.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, August 03, 2009

Just Catchin' Up...

And catchin' my breath!

Friday and Saturday at Women of Faith were just as AWESOME as they always are! Quilly - I would LOVE to have you with me at WOF one time! (or everytime!) That would be such an a great time to share together! I would love to have sO many of my blogging friends with me there one time! Maybe I should pick a city and invite you all to join me there whenever they are having their WOF conference!!! Wouldn't THAT be fun? (yes it would!) But I had plenty of fun with my church group too!

The group I mostly hung with...
Shawn, Angie, Donna, Susan & Ardith

... but honestly - there were 14 of us and we all sorta mixed and matched. Our group was SMALL though! The largest group to attend was from Pennsylvania - and they were 240 women!!! I LIKE my SMALL group! LOL! We had some absolutely phenomenal guest speakers this year... the main of which was Rich Stearns, who left being CEO of Lennox - the fine china people - to be president of World Vision, in charge of US operations. His story is positively fascinating! After hearing him speak, I HAD to buy his book! I can't wait to get into the nitty gritty details of his story. As a young man he was an athiest with ONE goal - and that was to attain corporate level and MAKE MONEY! He achieved that goal! Along the way God found him, helped him, and once he had done what he set out to do, God whispered in his ear and said, "now... follow me." What a WILD ride!!! Of course, he wasn't the ONLY speaker! There IS almost always ONE male speaker though - it keeps things lively! He was it. Then there are the "Women of Faith" women... they always share fabulous heart warming / heart wrenching stories... and then there are "other" women who they just sort of pick up along the way... Do y'all remember Blair from The Facts Of Life television show? The BEAUTIFUL, popular, know it all girl? She was played by Lisa Welchel who spoke this year... she's a doll! I had forgotten all about her! I only watched the show for maybe 2 seasons - but it ran for 9... so some of you probably remember her better than I do. And then the entertainment! Steven Curtis Chapman! And yes - he did sing Cinderella! It was soooooo touching! And both of his sons are IN his band now... one on drums, the other on guitar. What a touching moment when he sang THAT song knowing that his boys were with him and how far that family has come! And then... there was Mandisa!


I know those of you that watch American Idol would have LOVED hearing her speak -- as well as sing! I had NO idea she had come from American Idol until this weekend! (I'm sO outta da loop!) But I know I love her songs and her voice! And I LOOOOOVED hearing about how she very publicly "forgave" Simon Cowl for his remarks about her weight! (by the way she has LOST 85 pounds since then!) Hers was a very touching story too... But that's what I love MOST about Women of Faith! It's that you hear other women speaking about their OWN lives and the way God has touched them, and used them, and used the BAD things that happen to them to bring about GOOD things for them! And for HIM! It was just a GREAT weekend! Once again, ladies... if you never have, and you get the chance... SNATCH any opportunity to get to Women of Faith! I sat there this year listening to these women speak, and all I could think was how MUCH my own two daughters would LOVE to hear the things these women were saying... and MY daughter's aren't even Christians! But they would still laugh and cry, and laugh AND cry with these women! It really is just a great Women's Weekend! *nods*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, when I got back from WOF - to my car - in the church parking lot - - I had txt msgs from Amanda telling me Krysti was coming to her house that night and if I wanted to, to come on down. Well, of course, I wanted to! Besides Krysti coming home, I had not yet gotten to see my grand niece and nephews! So I didn't even come HOME from WOF -- I just went straight to Amanda's. Got to watch the 4 kids have a "snow ball fight" in the living hallway -- SUMMER snow balls! (balled up pieces of paper!) And further silliness with Luz's karaoke thing that lets them watch themselves perform on tv - live! It's cool! They were just totally silly on it though! BEYOND silly! They had been at the pool for 5 hours and all had rosy cheeks and chlorine eyes! And they were exhausted. Still they didn't get to bed til about 9:30 and I stayed another hour talkin' with my girls and then came home. Krysti spent the night there.

Sunday they all came over here and played! It was GREAT! Jen brought her little niece, Gwen up too -- so we had 5 little kids! They rode Luz's car, played in the pool, had water balloon fight, played with toys! And I didn't get too many pictures, because frankly... they just MOVE to fast! LOL! OH! Amanda & Krysti went out for lunch and some "Sister Time"... and the kids - all 5 of them - and I baked a cake for Amanda - it was her birthday! It was SO funny! I'm like... I need to make a cake... and I know with 5 kids around I can't DO IT by MYSELF! Soooooo... I wondered out loud if any of them would like to help... and of course... ALL OF THEM wanted to! So then, in order to not have UTTER chaos, we got out a paper and pen and chose up tasks! Luz got to poor the cake mix in the bowl. Liam got to break the first egg! Rhianna got to break the 2nd egg! Ronin poured in the oil. Gwen poured in the water. They EACH got to beat the cake for ONE minute -- which meant it was a WELL blended cake! MY job was to pour it into the pans and make sure I used 3 spoons to do it! Then the boys got to lick the two beaters, and the girls each got to lick a spoon! I was the coolest Nana/Aunti M on the planet! And I was shakin' my groove thang - cuz I've still GOT it!!! I can STILL handle multiple kids! NO PROBLEM! What a relief! And I now know myself well enough to know that I do NOT want to do it EVERY day!!! LOL! Here's a few pics from the day!

Liam during the "snowball" fight
(what a laugh! I love it!)

Rhianna sings!

Bathing Beauties ...
everyone forgot their bathing suits!

4 out of 5 wrapped in towels for a movie while all
their clothes dry! LOL!

Ronin enjoying Mighty Max!
(once again, I am uber cool!)
These boys had NO IDEA who Might Max was - but
they suuuuuure did LIKE him!


Okay... so now I gotta get Mom to her eye doctor appointment - and then get home and do my Bible study! See y'all LATER!



13 comment(s):

Sounds like a wonderful WOF time. I remember Mandisa she was great and of course Simon being Simon was a fool. But how wonderful of her to forgive and forget.

What a great time you had with the kids. Such a task mistress you are. I would have never thought to make a list or do 3 spoons. Ingenious if you ask me.

I can't tell you how many times the kids forgot swimming suits...how fun it must have been being with all the kids. You are true entertainment :) Aloha my darlin'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/03/2009 12:49 PM  

Fun fun fun!! You had a wonderful time!
And now, life is slowly getting back to normal, right? Starting with getting Mom to the eye doctor? Awww!!

By Blogger Jientje, at 8/03/2009 1:12 PM  

I've been looking forward to hearing about WOF! Sounds like such a wonderful time!!

That guy has to be pretty brave to speak to an all-women's conference!

You are so good with kids. I tend to get them occupied with something else so I can then go do what I need to.

We used to have those kinds of snowball fights in Awanas -- fun times!

How did you MIL do with you being away? Did Vada come or did the family stay with her? I'm hoping she just took it in stride.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 8/03/2009 1:41 PM  

I'm so jealous, and I mean it in the most respectful way. Sounds like a wonderful time with your church group. We always knew "you still had it!" It's a given. Bet your helpers had a great time making cake for Amanda. Miss you.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 8/03/2009 1:53 PM  

I loved reading about your WOF weekend.....sounds wonderful. I love Mandisa, I think she is so talented.
Thank you so much for your prayers for Warren. He is so much better except for the joint pain that goes from a 2 to a 10 (on a 1-10 pain scale). We don't really know why but it is darn aggravating!!!

By Blogger Jane, at 8/03/2009 2:14 PM  

Whew! I'm exhausted and all I did was read about it! I am glad you had such a wonderful time -- both at WOF and after, at home. How did the cake taste?

By Anonymous quilly, at 8/03/2009 2:19 PM  

Boy, did you have a power packed, fun and busty weekend. The WOF looked fun and inspirational. The kids sure look a blast. Fun with Melli all around.

* * *
Please visit me at The Chrysalis Stage and Esoteric Uncovered.

Follow me on twitter and facebook

By Blogger Nessa, at 8/03/2009 2:26 PM  

Sounds like a wonderful weekend Melli!
It's wonderful the kids get to spend some time together. They'll miss each other later for sure. :)

By Blogger Carletta, at 8/03/2009 3:17 PM  

hat's the kind of conference Betty would love to go to. Glad you got there and God used it to refresh you.
It sounds like Nana will soon need a nap.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 8/03/2009 6:58 PM  

Great pictures showing how blessed you are, Nana!
Hugs!!!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 8/03/2009 8:07 PM  

Melli, You could get all your girls to the WOF meeting...just ask them. You have so much fun there they couldn't help but enjoy themselves...and the crowd and the entertainment.

Speaking of entertainment the little kids were so cute in the pool and having a summer snowball fight. That was inspriational!

By Blogger Amber Star, at 8/04/2009 12:28 AM  

Ohhhh, that's you, Melli!! what a wonderful time those kids had and what fun pictures!!
I think it's time to sit down for a cup of coffee, don't you think?? I am baaaack, don't know where to begin...!!
:)

By Blogger MaR, at 8/04/2009 2:18 AM  

OMG ! what a day ! you must have dropped into your bed like a stone ! so much fun for the kids !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 8/04/2009 7:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home