What A WEEKEND! And it ain't over YET!
I'm startin' with Luz's birthday party first! It's fresh in my head - and I can hang on to the other stuff for another day! It WAS a surprise party! And she WAS surprised! UNfortunately, she was also asleep when they got here... and found out about the party in a very GROGGY state of mind. She was a little overwhelmed and decided she didn't even want to come in the house and SEE the kitchen! Nooooooooo... it was just too much! They went straight to the back hill and started on the slip-n-slide. Now PopPop and I had decided that they would probably KILL themselves if we actually put the slide ON the hill... so he took it down to the bottom of the hill and set it up on a small incline. OH WAIT!!! BEFORE I tell ya that -- I have to tell -- Amanda dropped off all the stuff and Krysti & Dennis & I got everything set up this morning... Well... Hector had dropped off the cake last night -- a GORGEOUS Disney Princesses cake - I know Amanda paid a fortune for it! Kryst dressed the table this morning, and put the cake (still in the box) on the center of the table. Then she took some of the balloons down to the back yard, and I was at my desk writing names on the donkey tails when I heard a noise that I HOOOOPED I was not hearing! I turned around to see my 16 pound CAT (Kitty - the gray one) laying on the cake box! I wanted to CRY! I was sooooooooo sad!We didn't even get ONE good picture of that cake! FORTUNATELY it was only the BOX he layed on - no fur IN the cake! It was still edible! Grrrrrrrrrr.... He has NO idea how lucky he is to still be alive! I could have taken at least 7 of his lives for this! Anyway... back to the party! The kids headed down to the slip-n-slide which Dennis had made as rather flat as he could thinking their supposed to run and sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.
Well... it didn't work.Little Gwen STOPPED right there...
Sooooo we moved the slide a little farther up the hill...
But it still didn't work...Little Georgie practically had to crawl down it...
Soooooo... it inched it's way a bit further up the hill...
(notice where it is in conjunction to the pinwheels!)
Biggify if needed.
(also notice Amanda heading down the hill with ANOTHER slip-n-slide)
It WAS actually working now - with the BIG kids(more weight - more know how...)
But we decided to still move it FURTHER up the hill...
AND add the additional slide for more length!
By the way... Luz is HATING this thing! She gets hurt
every time she tries it -- but sees the other kids having FUN!
So after another 6 or 8 adjustments
we end up HERE...
Little Gwen finally gets a fast ride!(and look where we are in conjunction with the pinwheels!)
OY VEY!
(I'm sure we're goin' to the hospital today!)
Luz gave it one last try...She hurt her tummy goin over a bump
and decided enough was enough!
SOME kids aren't that smart! LOL!Liam goin' fast!
Ronin decided to try it on his butt!SUPER fast!
Rhi gave that a whirl too!Much better than the tummy!
Luz said the heck with it -- C'mon guys! Let's get in the pool!
But it wasn't long until Danielle & Baby Lily had it allto themselves!
While the kids played Hot Potatoe...
Water Balloon Toss...
Pin The Tail on the Donkey...
... annnnnnnnnd Musical Chairs!And then it was time for ...
Hot dogs...
And CAKE!!!
And of course, a few presents!She really had a WONDERFUL party!
Perfect for a little princess!
Now... she doesn't REALLY turn 5 until
the 24th... so then we get to do it again!
Well... sOme of it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TODAY... Mom & I are going down to Sandy Point Beach with Amanda and the kids... I've never been there -- it's just another little beach on the bay - but it will be fun. The Texas Trio leave on Wednesday... so I rather want to spend as much time as I can with them. Soon they'll be gone and life will get boring again... I have to play while I have the chance! I'll get around to some of you this morning though, before I leave. :)








10 comment(s):
Sounds like a wonderful party, even with the dented cake. It still looks pretty.
I don't blame you for getting all the time you can with the visiting kids. This sounds like it has been a great vacation for them!
By
Barbara H., at
8/17/2009 7:58 AM
It seems like a marvelous bday party!! even though a bit early, lol.
The picture of Luz and her cake is precious!!!
By
MaR, at
8/17/2009 11:36 AM
What a great party! Cat and all!
By
Maribeth, at
8/17/2009 12:05 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the cake LOL. Say My Darlin' what did you end up doing with the 6 things you bought...I mean what did you do for the 7th one or did I miss that in this post? What great fun it must have been. I have had so many water parties like that for the kids in our yard as well. Can't go wrong there. One thing that my hanai mom says all the time is we don't celebrate anything before the actual date. It's always after. Brings bad luck LOL. Now I'm just saying that...not saying it's gonna happen to you LOL. Such a fun time :)
By
Anonymous, at
8/17/2009 2:07 PM
Wow ! what a great birthday !! and the best was the cat sitting on this miracle of birthday cake, hahaha ! Anne who was on the phone asked herself if I had gone crazy so much I lauged !
Tomorrow I leave this wonderful place and my adorable friends, it's sad ! I will stop in London and probably meet Dario if he has time, he is there on a business trip. In the evening I take the train home.
By
Ingrid, at
8/17/2009 2:28 PM
Ilove your picture story. It made me feel for a moment like I was there. It sure looks like Nana had fun.
Enjoy them before they go so far away but Luz will still be there.
By
Dr.John, at
8/17/2009 3:32 PM
Happy Birthday, Luz!
What a great birthday party. And the cake is beautiful, even with cat smush.
By
Nessa, at
8/17/2009 4:46 PM
Well, that looks like a wonderful party! I want to come play on the water slide! I'll have a piece of the cake, too. You can give me the squished bit if you like.
By
quilly, at
8/18/2009 2:13 AM
That looks like the best birthday party EVER!! LOL at the cake and how you wanted to take seven of your cat's lives! Poor thing! The water party on the slide looks like fun, but not to all! Luz looks like a real princess with the most beautiful smile!
By
Jientje, at
8/18/2009 11:29 AM
So SO glad my kids kept the secret! Yay Texas Trio!!!! Sandy point looked really fun too - cannot wait to see the pics! :)
Thank you again, for spending time with them and showing them SO MUCH FUN! :)
By
Unknown, at
8/18/2009 2:18 PM
Post a comment
<< Home