Bugs and Odors and Lessons, OH MY!

Fleas bite me? I bite back!
THISare going to the groomers momentarily to be DE-Flea'd and other stuff!
Do you remember the battle of the fleas from last year? I was hoping to NEVER have to replay that event again in my life! However, today I am taking these two flea bags to be dipped. Then I am coming home and setting off BOMBS throughout the house - AGAIN! This week we will be killing off MORE hoppy bugs -- and fleas! With any luck, any OTHER critters that I don't care to share my space with will meet with an early demise also!
CERTAIN things that might NORMALLY be taken in stride ... or at least with a modicum of humor, suddenly become LESS tolerable when you have a house guest coming to stay for a few days! I'm pretty sure that my stress level was lower this time last year! And I also didn't have a funky odor in my fridge that completely emptying, scrubbing and putting new baking soda in doesn't seem to cure! There is a lesson in here that I'm pretty sure God wants me to get... and I'm frightened because I haven't figured it out yet!!!
... and I think I might be losing my sense of humor...
CERTAIN things that might NORMALLY be taken in stride ... or at least with a modicum of humor, suddenly become LESS tolerable when you have a house guest coming to stay for a few days! I'm pretty sure that my stress level was lower this time last year! And I also didn't have a funky odor in my fridge that completely emptying, scrubbing and putting new baking soda in doesn't seem to cure! There is a lesson in here that I'm pretty sure God wants me to get... and I'm frightened because I haven't figured it out yet!!!
... and I think I might be losing my sense of humor...








14 comment(s):
Whahahahaha! Oh dear! ROFL!!! Poor cats! Poor fleas!!Poor MELLI!!!
I can't stop laughing. I think your God has a funny sense of humor!
But then again, I already KNEW about that! ROFL!!
Let me tell you Melli, my sense of humor is still intact. You'll live!
I'll live!
The bugs won't!!
By
Jientje, at
10/24/2009 9:24 AM
Still giggling at last years pictures! Poor cat, the look on his face is priceless! Whahahahaha!
By
Jientje, at
10/24/2009 9:25 AM
Everything does take on a new light when company is coming. But knowing Jientje, I'm sure she will love you just as much no matter what the circumstances.
I hate fleas -- I'm wishing you well in this battle!!!
By
Barbara H., at
10/24/2009 10:59 AM
Fleas!
ive had my own battle with fleas this year...
here's to hoping it is over soon for both of us!
By
tilden talks..., at
10/24/2009 12:30 PM
If they aren't too bad the de-fleaing and the bombs should do the trick. Do you give them the once a month pill?
As for the fridge - have you tried plain charcoal? Put some on a pan and let it sit in the fridge to absorb the odors. When my daughter moved into her apartment the fridge was way worse than yours I'm sure. Let's just say I gagged. We used charcoal and it worked.
By
Carletta, at
10/24/2009 12:51 PM
Oh yeah, I hate creepy crawly things too. Hope this works.
By
Maribeth, at
10/24/2009 1:04 PM
Expecting company does seem to bring on the stress and make the old sense of humor disappear.
Silly Saturday #4 - Purdie Pyrate's Halloween
By
Nessa, at
10/24/2009 1:51 PM
You loose your sense of humor? Highly unlikely. Funny just yesterday I bombed my room. Not for fleas but for ants...those pesky little critters.
By
Anonymous, at
10/24/2009 2:27 PM
Did I leave a note on your blog last night that a flea had just got on me? My in-laws cats have/had them. My husband has been putting that stuff on the back of their necks, had the house bombed, and the yard sprayed and still he brought some home. We don't have a pet now to bring them in.
By
Amber Star, at
10/24/2009 4:10 PM
Okay, Melli, tell Dennis you want the drip pan pulled out from under your fridge and clean that. Plus, if you have a frost free job with a drain hole in the bottom, pour a bit of warm vinegar and follow up with hot water.
By
quilly, at
10/24/2009 4:48 PM
I wish you success in your battle of the bugs!
By
Dimple, at
10/24/2009 5:51 PM
A Melli bitten flea you see
That's my 6 word response to your six word Saturday.
Good luck with the refrigerator though the prophet Quilly seems to have good advice.
Your six words for the day show your humor is alive and well.
Good luck with the bombing.
By
Dr.John, at
10/24/2009 7:28 PM
I know already the rest of the story, lol ! Don't scrub too much, Jientje prefers to have your good humour and not a desinfected house !
By
Ingrid, at
10/25/2009 5:08 AM
I think Gattina is right! I'm not coming over to inspect the house, I already said that weeks ago!!
By
Jientje, at
10/25/2009 5:44 AM
Post a comment
<< Home