.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Forgetful? Maybe...

So I sit here this morning... *sigh* ... afternoon by the time I'll hit "post"... ready to tell you all about the going on two WEEKS that I've missed being with you... only I can't remember what I've done, or what I wanted to share, or anything of relevance that has happened in the past 11 days! WHY? Well... obviously because I didn't BLOG it! And so there we have it... my short term memory is shot! Without my blog I am my mother-in-law! Alzheimer's ARE Us! Sheeeeesh....

Okay... I know we celebrated my TWINS - Krysti and Derek's... 21st Birthday! Sadly it was not the trip to VEGAS they had hoped for... cost-wise that probably would have dictated that they just go together and celebrate with each other -- and that wasn't in EITHER of their plans! So we just had a family celebration, and then they each celebrated with friends in their own way. It seems like a 21st birthday should really be something to remember... but I am thinking back TRYING to remember my own 21st... and considering I was a single, unwed Mom, totally wrapped up in BEING a mom, and not dating anyone at that time, I'm betting I probably baked my own cake and let Amanda blow out the candles! Maybe 21 isn't so special after all... ? Honestly, I don't remember ever looking forward to any except 16 - because then I could (technically) drive -- although I didn't have a car until I was 23... and 50! FIFTY was the best of the best and somehow I always new it would be! Hopefully by 50 my kids will ALL have their lives together and it will be their BEST year ever too! Actually I pray desperately that their BEST year will come long before that...

Other than that... I know I've done some more church outreach... and I'm preparing for our totally FREE, no donations accepted, car wash this weekend. I'm currently in sign-making mode! I'm planning some Burma Shave type signs for the last mile or so before the church on either side of the road! (waiting Pastor's approval on that!) LOL! And I've signed up for another 5K WALK/run... for breast cancer... the following Saturday. So I've been trying to get more walking in to prepare for that. OH!

I wanted to walk in the city - you know... on sidewalks! ... so I took Mom and the wheelchair down to Silver Spring last Tuesday and we walked and walked - well - I walked and walked and pushed and pushed! We walked the streets -- no comment Thom! -- and then we walked the mall there too for a little while. What a SAD mall it is... all run down... mostly closed... I'm suspecting it is the OLD mall and that something much better is nearby... as that area is not without resources! But anyway, when I got back to the car, I noticed we were parked next to an INDIAN restaurant -- Planet Bollywood -- and it was LUNCH time! Oh boy! I've been wanting to try Indian food and so in we went! I had NO idea what to expect -- and I certainly did not know WHAT I was ordering... but we went for the whole enchilada SAMOSA ... I had the Lamb Korma, and Mom had Butter Chicken - which has NOTHING to do with butter! But both dishes were heavenly! The main course came with a soup appetizer - but we ALSO ordered an appetizer sampler -- just because I wanted to TASTE as many things as I could! LOL! (the diet went SOUTH that day, let me tell ya!) And we ended the whole shootin' match with the most delectable little dessert - but it's not on the menu! It was two little round sweet cakes in verrrrrrrry creamy sauce with lemon zest... oh my gosh -- it was just a bite or two - but it was the PERFECT ending! If you have never tried Indian food, FEAR NOT! Try it the first chance you get! Most of what I got was NOT hot spicy... it was NOT low calorie... but it was not hot. Of course, you can GET hot if that's what you like! One thing on the appetizers was hot - it was still good - but a bit too spicy for me! That's okay - the rest was FABULOUS!

Alright... I really have stretched my brain way out of whack now... I've got stuff to do! See ya tomorrow!

6 comment(s):

My dh & I went out for Indian food recently (meaning, sometime in the past year) and it was delicious! We shared a sample platter for 2: plenty of little tastes. We keep talking about going back to that restaurant, but it's a long drive just to go out to eat. So we end up staying home and eating the same ol' stuff here.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2010 10:41 PM  

Ha'oli La Hanau to the twins. Sounds like a good one. Vegas isn't cracked up to what it says anyways. I've had Indian food once. As I recall it was spicy. Sounds delish my darlin'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2010 11:24 PM  

I have had Indian food, I loved it! I also remember it being spicy but not hot at all, I don't like hot food (because all foods taste the same, then!)

Happy belated bday to your twins!!

By Blogger MaR, at 9/22/2010 2:59 AM  

LOL at your first paragraph. I've often wished I'd had a blog when my kids were little, but who knows, I probably wouldn't have kept up with it any better than I did the baby books back them.

As my daughter-in-law is Indian, we've had Indian food several times. I'm sorry to say I don't really care for it. I am fine with Mexican food-type spicy, but I thought all the Indian food I've tried was too spicy. But maybe it was just a different kind of spicy.

I don't remember my 21st birthday, either, and I don't remember my oldest two kids' 21st birthday as anything different from a regular birthday, though it does seem like it should be special.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/22/2010 9:25 AM  

I have the same feeling when I want to remember something I have to look up in my blog, lol ! Like last year's weather for example. If you mean Indian from India food I love it and ate it a lot in London where it was one of the cheapest restaurants. If it was native American Indian food then I have never eaten it !
It's nice that you can still go out with Mom. Chantal's husband can't get up anymore and lays in bed, smiling without seeing when somebody enters the room, except the eldest son then he growls like a dog and shows his teeth !! He had never liked him even when he was a little baby. Sad !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 9/22/2010 11:10 AM  

I love Indian food and have it every chance I get. If you haven't had Tandoori chicken you need to try it. Yum-umm-mee!

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 9/25/2010 11:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home