April Foolishness...
I don't know why I used that title... this was all March stuff! LOL! Ohhhh well.I continue to be BUSY! Below you will see pictures of the room that used to be called Derek's ... and used to looked like this...

.... only it doesn't look like that anymore! NOW it looks like...
This was my funniest paint job yet... You see the ceiling fan? Yea... well... it used to be white. I knew that I wanted it to be an exact match for the paint. I had much BRIGHTER paint colors picked out... but ... um ... you can't GET spray paint mixed to the color you want! So I had to go find spray paint that sorta almost kinda matched the colors I had picked... and then had my paint mixed to match the spray paints!!! ROFL! Ooooonly ME!
Sooooo.... that is ONE thing that has been holding my interest lately -- oh yes - it's going to have my stationary bike in there too... and also a CRIB, and perhaps something for Luz to sleep on too! Trying to decide what ... day bed? Futon? I'm going to have to see how much room is left once the bike and the crib get in there! This is SUPPOSED to be my workout room! And speaking of working out...
YES! I'm STILL running! I am on week 4 of my Couch 2 5K program and have worked up to running for a whole 2.5 minutes at a time! WHOOO HOO! I know... it doesn't sound like much... but trust me... it's an eternity when a body is as out of shape as this body is! But it's getting in BETTER shape! I have finally lost ALL of the weight that I had regained after I had lost all that weight 3.5 years ago! And I have actually lost a few more pounds... so I am finally on my way to my goal again! YAY me!
Of course, I'm also kept busy by
Her.This was on a "game day" that she held at her house. We played 5 games that day - and inbetween each one we had to do an exercise! The games included bowling, wii pingpong, pictionary, hangman... and I forget what else! And the exercises included running sprints, galloping, CRAZY jumping jacks, running up and down stairs, and hopping on one foot! SHE came up with all this! LOL! It was fun!
We also had a shopping trip... for new SPRING clothes! For Luz, of course... none for me! And we had a trip to the ZOO! Went with my friend Nina and her 3 boys. Her oldest is spending the weekend with me this weekend. I'm fixin to go play darts with him in just a few minutes!
OH! And yesterday I took a day trip to Pennsylvania with a group from church. Dennis took the day off and stayed with his mom. We went up to the Sights & Sounds Theater -- this time to see the story of Joseph and his multi-colored coat. It was FABULOUS! Of course it was! We had lunch at an Amish Inn... the food of course was excellent... and of course I ate too much! But I let myself do these things on occasion and just accept a little gain should it happen. I thought for SURE I would gain after St. Patrick's Day - but I didn't! It was amazing! Perhaps I will be so blessed THIS time too! Tomorrow is weigh day so I will know then.
Luz's soccer season has started and she has two games each weekend, so that is one more thing that I'm involved with. I'm SO blessed that my grandbabies live so close and I CAN be involved in all their doings! And SOON Luz will be starting the horseback riding lessons I got her for Christmas! Oh bOy! We can't WAIT for that!
So you see... while I still LOVE you all dearly I am very busy LIVING it... and have a lot less time to type about it. I will be around sometime over the weekend (i hope) to catch up! Right now... I gotta play darts!
Oh! And one LAST thing...
My littlest heart-throb plays with TOYS now!
What a charmer!
HE doesn't keep me busy at all... no. Unh-unh. Not a bit!
Seeeeeeya!
We also had a shopping trip... for new SPRING clothes! For Luz, of course... none for me! And we had a trip to the ZOO! Went with my friend Nina and her 3 boys. Her oldest is spending the weekend with me this weekend. I'm fixin to go play darts with him in just a few minutes!
OH! And yesterday I took a day trip to Pennsylvania with a group from church. Dennis took the day off and stayed with his mom. We went up to the Sights & Sounds Theater -- this time to see the story of Joseph and his multi-colored coat. It was FABULOUS! Of course it was! We had lunch at an Amish Inn... the food of course was excellent... and of course I ate too much! But I let myself do these things on occasion and just accept a little gain should it happen. I thought for SURE I would gain after St. Patrick's Day - but I didn't! It was amazing! Perhaps I will be so blessed THIS time too! Tomorrow is weigh day so I will know then.
Luz's soccer season has started and she has two games each weekend, so that is one more thing that I'm involved with. I'm SO blessed that my grandbabies live so close and I CAN be involved in all their doings! And SOON Luz will be starting the horseback riding lessons I got her for Christmas! Oh bOy! We can't WAIT for that!
So you see... while I still LOVE you all dearly I am very busy LIVING it... and have a lot less time to type about it. I will be around sometime over the weekend (i hope) to catch up! Right now... I gotta play darts!
Oh! And one LAST thing...
My littlest heart-throb plays with TOYS now!What a charmer!
HE doesn't keep me busy at all... no. Unh-unh. Not a bit!
Seeeeeeya!










15 comment(s):
Hi Melli,
It's always great to hear from you. I'm so pleased to hear that your weight loss journey is going so well. As always, the children are beautiful and you are blessed!
By
Maribeth, at
4/02/2011 7:57 AM
Good to hear from you! Congrats on the continued weight loss and exercising! The room looks nice. We have a futon in the craft room -- nice because it can be used like a couch and not take up so much space as a bed.
Game sounds fun but wearing! How is Luz doing sharing Nana with the little guy?
I guess things are about the same with Mom? We're seeing a very slow but steady decline with my MIL -- just more feebleness and forgetfulness. She is asleep in her chair almost every time I go over.
By
Anonymous, at
4/02/2011 10:48 AM
So nice of my reader to let me know you had posted, loved hearing from you and seeing those cute little ones. The room is wonderful!! what fun. Take care, congrats on the weight loss and keep up the good work out! I have missed youuuuu! coffee??
By
MaR, at
4/02/2011 1:27 PM
Great to hear from you skinny :) Love the room and the grandkids look wonderful :) Have fun with the darts my darlin' :)
By
Anonymous, at
4/02/2011 1:56 PM
I love the new room and I am glad you are happy! Luz and the baby are growing so fast you need to spend all the time with them you can.
By
Charlene Amsden, at
4/02/2011 8:04 PM
Melli, my sweet friend...would you take a trip to FL to help me PAINT? I just love your work each and every time.
Luz is so sweet. I need to give LG more opps to make up "days" for us. She would LOVE that.
I know EXACTLY how much 2.5 mins is! I did it tonight and couldn't believe it. I'm SO PROUD of you and know you feel good. I'm starting week three...sort of...modified it a bit since I missed all of last week.
Much Love,
Susan
By
Susan, at
4/02/2011 9:36 PM
Melli, my sweet friend...would you take a trip to FL to help me PAINT? I just love your work each and every time.
Luz is so sweet. I need to give LG more opps to make up "days" for us. She would LOVE that.
I know EXACTLY how much 2.5 mins is! I did it tonight and couldn't believe it. I'm SO PROUD of you and know you feel good. I'm starting week three...sort of...modified it a bit since I missed all of last week.
Much Love,
Susan
By
Susan, at
4/02/2011 9:36 PM
Melli, the room looks fabulous! So you!
Congrats on the weight loss, my friend. I'm proud of you.
Sorry you're not posting as much but glad you are enjoying your life so much.
By
Jerralea, at
4/04/2011 7:08 AM
Wow!!! Big things going at your house! Love the paint job. Love to see pix of the kids -- they are adorable. Glad all is well with you. Keep running!
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
4/04/2011 7:41 AM
Oooh, I like your reasons for not posting so much better than mine!
A real treat to come by tonight and see pictures of the fun you've been having.
If you want to drive out to my house on Saturday morning, we've got a homemade corner desk (white) fit for someone just like Luz! My husband is having a yard sale while I trot off to Bible study.
By
Anonymous, at
4/08/2011 1:36 AM
:-D *big grins!* Yes, too busy living life to write about it. That's me too ... amazing how much it gets in the way of sitting around at the computer! (I do still make time to sit and read, but not much writing!)
So happy things are going great. :) Love you!
By
Unknown, at
4/08/2011 10:07 AM
Glad to see your name in my google reader. Busy busy busy, well said, wow what a paint job nice work. Red is so hard to cover.
Good for you, I noticed the tracker right away, go ahead inspire me, running 2.5 minutes is good.
By
Cindy, at
4/13/2011 9:37 PM
Hi Melli, I am so proud of you for losing your weight and running for exercise. I would like to start a running plan, but don't know how my fake knees would hold up to that ..
I had a very good Easter with family in Atlanta.. after church we had 21 people for dinner. I baked two hams which you would have loved.
We are under a tornado watch right now and the bad weather is headed our way. Take care.. hugs, Baba
By
Baba, at
4/28/2011 1:12 PM
Melli..Hello from an old friend that needs to read your blog more. Luz has really grown up since I last was on your blog!! she is becoming a little lady now. Plus you have a new grandson..Kathy told me about him. Congratulations!!
Sorry it has been such a long time but my life has been up in the air for sometime. Moving back here to Illinois..leaving friends and church..Mike's double knee replacement and my broken ankle. So much!!
Take care friend!! Sandy
By
Ramblings of a middle-age goddess, at
4/30/2011 8:03 PM
I LOVE the colors in your room! It looks deserty and just beautiful. Those little ones are growing like weeds!
By
Amber Star, at
5/03/2011 9:17 PM
Post a comment
<< Home