WHAT a Day!!!
Yesterday - being Veteran's Day - the kids had off school & Dennis had off work. That meant that I had a babysitter for Mom - AND Luz spent the night with me Wednesday night - so I had my favorite baby girl as well!
We got up early and decided since it was SUCH a beautiful day, that we should go out and have some fun! We invited my friend Nina's 3 boys to go along with us - but only 2 of them took us up on it. Boy was the 3rd one sorry!
We had a GREAT day! (don't we always?) We packed a picnic and headed out. We were heading to the tire park - but lost it. We ended up at Cyprus Swamp instead where we explored bees making honey and copperheads and boa constrictors and bears and such... Bobby got to take a snake skin home with him which thrilled his mother to no end!
Then we tromped through the swamp...on the fancy little boardwalk they soooooo
kindly provide!
And then hiked some trails...before settling down for our picnic.
During which time we got some adorable shots!
Whoa Nelllllllllllly!
Little Micah did a great job with the camera!After our picnic, since we lost the tire park, we decided to head to the Marine Museum. Except a funny thing happened on the way to the Marine Museum...
We FOUND the tire park!
Micah was the only one who moved slow enough to allow me to take any pictures!
We FOUND the tire park!Micah was the only one who moved slow enough to allow me to take any pictures!
So we played there - and we played HARD there - for about 90 minutes, and then it was time to head back home. At least I thought it was! I THOUGHT I needed to pick up Mom from Amanda's but it turned out Dennis had a change of plans, so she was still home. We COULD have stayed out playing... oh well! At home we made two discoveries... maybe 3 ...
Luz has known about Nana's wagon - but never had anyone
to play with it with her. At least not like THIS!
Luz has known about Nana's wagon - but never had anyoneto play with it with her. At least not like THIS!







10 comment(s):
What a day !!! I would have loved to join you !
They had soooo much fun !
By
Ingrid, at
11/12/2010 3:35 AM
I know a young boy who wishes you'd take him along!
By
Anonymous, at
11/12/2010 7:52 AM
I'm envious that you all were off! None of us were. That looks like such a blast, and I bet that hill is fun with a sled in the snow, too.
By
Anonymous, at
11/12/2010 10:50 AM
Ah remember those days when you could run down a hill, fall and jump right up and the worst thing that happened was you got your sneakers dirty?
By
Maribeth, at
11/12/2010 1:09 PM
I cannot believe how much Luz has grown....and she is such a beauty. Sorry I have not been by in a while! I still love ya!
By
Jane, at
11/12/2010 4:22 PM
What a day! I wish I was there! (I seem to sat that a lot when I come here.)
By
Charlene Amsden, at
11/13/2010 8:33 PM
I think Luz is a blessed little girl to have a grandma like you!
By
Jerralea, at
11/13/2010 9:56 PM
Nana...You are the BEST!! I hope to one day be just as fun as you are with my own Grands! Luz is a blessed little girl for sure. I love the picture of you with the kids. You look "mahvelous" darling!!
HUGS!!
Susan
By
Susan, at
11/14/2010 5:44 PM
You are the best Nana in the world. I love the laughs in the video.
By
Nessa, at
11/14/2010 5:44 PM
It looks like a great time. I hope you can share your photos with the parents.
By
bettygram, at
11/15/2010 9:30 AM
Post a comment
<< Home