.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Goal Attained! Plus...

Today I hit a "milestone" in my stretching routine. You've seen pictures when I was finally able to touch my right toe... and then you saw a picture when I was FINALLY able to touch my left toe (which is still a real chore!) ... and NOW ... ta duh ta duh! You get to see me touch my toes with my NOSE!!! *VBG*


This is sooooo big to me! I could do this when I was a teenager... and I really didn't think I would ever be able to do it again! But I have pushed the stretch and pushed the stretch every single day! And today I made it!

Of course, then I was sO pumped up that I decided I would go ahead and TRY the hoola hoops today! Well actually, one of the other gals was telling me how much she thought the hoops had really helped with her waistline... so I thought REALLY? I need to try this! Soooooo... because, well... we already had the camera out now... you guys get to see this! It was soooooo funny!






These are "weighted" hoops, and are supposed to be easier to use because of that! (they are also NOT Curves issued... these are something "extra" the owner of my Curves brought in) Well, I was never a super-hooper as a kid, and at first I guess I was moving a little (lot) too much!









But then with a little coaching I finally caught on!





Whoooooo hoooooo! Now I'm rollin'!
*whew* Hoola Hoopin' is HARD work! I am serious!
I had done my whole workout, and stretched ... but just a few minutes with the hoop wore my butt out!!!

13 comment(s):

Having the co-ordination of a brick, I could never get the hang of hoops! But it looks like so much fun, and anything butt-eroding has got to be good...

By Blogger Sue, at 7/24/2006 7:10 PM  

Good for you Melli...!!!! Our Curves does not have those and I know that they are NOT CURVES issued!! I would love to try those. You are looking GOOD!! You watch it..You are going to beat me. I had better get busy and lose some more weight and inches before you catch up with me!! WOW!! Maybe I had better start going more to CURVE!! GREAT pictures..AGAIN I am proud of you!!

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 7/24/2006 7:14 PM  

YOU GO GIRL! WTG! :-)

By Blogger Pixie, at 7/24/2006 7:15 PM  

YOU GO GIRL!! I need you to inspire me-- I've started back-- again. :) No CURVES here... *sigh*

By Blogger Melzie, at 7/24/2006 11:47 PM  

Melli -- the good thing about wearing your butt out is that it's supposed to wear it off.

Thanx for visiting my site earlier. PLease don't think that just because I run our local Sidewalk Sunday School ministry the idea originated with me. Far from it. SSS now operates world-wide. The ministry originated with Rev. Bill Wilson of metro ministries.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 7/25/2006 12:32 AM  

I didn't know they had weighted hula hoops! I bet that did wear you out. The non-weighted ones are a workout on their own. Congrats on the stretching. That's still something I'm not good at - and I used to be a cheerleader and do splits!

By Blogger Carmen, at 7/25/2006 9:58 AM  

Woah - you can touch your toes with your nose and hula - I'm jealous now. I never could hula. Good for you!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2006 12:31 PM  

I loved hula hoops as a kid. Not sure I could do that now! Your so cute!

By Blogger Meira{FB}, at 7/25/2006 1:55 PM  

Visiting from Leesa's..

Melli, you're a hoot!
Good for you! You go girl! :)

Fun blog!
~S

By Blogger Shephard, at 7/25/2006 3:22 PM  

Wow! Wow, wow!!! I can actually see a lot of muscle toning too Melli!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2006 6:22 PM  

Whoo hoo! You go girl!! Looking GOOD! And that's so wonderful about the stretch! You are doing it! Is Amanda so proud?

By Blogger Unknown, at 7/26/2006 9:46 AM  

Woo hoo, look at you now. Do I hear grass skirts swaying in the gently breeze or is that just you whipping up a hurricane wind force. I definitely think you're ready for Mr. Melli to whisk you off to a tropical island and show off your skills. What fun and definitely good for the waistline.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 7/26/2006 8:27 PM  

I used to be a hula hoop champ, nothing to it after you learn how.

By Blogger Unknown, at 7/26/2006 10:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home