.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Six Flags America

Mathew, Amanda & Krysti on Superman

Today, 3 of my kids and I went to Six Flags America - for a day of mostly Roller Coasters! We did ride a couple of other things - but ... um... make that a few - 3 would be it though! Actually, normally a trip to Six Flags would really not even be news worthy for my blog... but today it sort of is! BECAUSE... when I started dieting one of my BIG GOALS was to BE ABLE to ride roller coasters again. The LAST time I was at Six Flags I could only ride ONE with the help of a seat belt extension - and I couldn't even SQUEEZE myself IN to ROAR - they would not have had to worry about harnesses or lap belts to keep me in if I had! Today I was able to ride ALL of the roller coasters -- and never needed a seatbelt extension for ANY of them. This was VERY exciting for me, because I truly AM a roller coaster enthusiast! I had hoped to buy the pictures of us actually riding the coasters - but none of them were taking pictures today -- just my luck! Here's a few more pictures!

Krysti and ME!
Our 2nd time on Superman and
we wanted the FRONT seat!


LOOK at the SIZE of this snowcone!

Mathew and I had eaten small ones (which were HUGE), but Amanda decided she wanted a large one! BOY were her eyes bigger than her stomach! She ended up throwing half of it away! LOL! Six Flags has THE BEST snowcones in all the world! I always get a green sour apple - every time! Today I had TWO!!! (at different times)

And last, but not least...

I just wanted you to see that Mathew DOES smile! LOL!

This was them on the Tower of Doom. I don't ride the TOD - because frankly, the first and last time I did ride it, my heart ended up in my throat, and my stomach dropped down to my toes... and it was just ugly all over the place!!! You can do whatever you like to me on a roller coaster -- but do NOT drop me from 250 feet - or however tall it is!

15 comment(s):

Woo Hoo! Signal the music....let the happy dance begin. You rock girlfriend! Wow, are you getting skinny! I'm impressed. You go girl. My hero! So what's the next goal.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 8/21/2006 12:17 AM  

Looks like a lot of fun! And that's a huge snow cone...that would be too much for all 3 of us here.

By Blogger Renee Nefe, at 8/21/2006 1:07 AM  

Wow that snowcone is huge... Looks like you guys had real fun....

By Blogger Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira, at 8/21/2006 2:58 AM  

The superman ride at Six Flags is one of the best coasters! I love that first drop!

I'm glad that you could ride this time. Looking good!

By Blogger Carmen, at 8/21/2006 8:30 AM  

Those are adorable photos.
Rides are not my thing, but I'm glad you had fun. I guess you are back to work soon, huh?

By Blogger PJ, at 8/21/2006 8:45 AM  

Looks like you had lots of fun...and you look great. I would never go on a rollercoaster. You go girl, you are braver than me.

By Blogger Penrick, at 8/21/2006 9:19 AM  

Whoohoo! You're looking good and having fun! I wanna go to a Six Flags. Now that I'm in Texas, I guess I can finally go. We don't have these parks in Hawai'i.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/21/2006 10:08 AM  

Now I know that had to make you feel GREAT! And you look simply marvelous!

By Blogger Pixie, at 8/21/2006 10:21 AM  

Let's see, you love riding rollercoasters, but don't like the feeling of your insides rising and falling? Why do those statements confuse me?

Melli, you should have been with me years ago at Knot's Berry Farm. Literally the only thing I did was ride Montezuma's Revenge. Forward, backward, backward, foward. When I finally stopped and my friends drug me to a restaurant, I wasn't sure I should eat anything -- didn't know if my stomache had stopped swaying.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 8/21/2006 11:28 AM  

Melli, I could get as skinny as Amanda and I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, get on a roller coaster again!! I had one real good fling with one years ago and that is the LAST time I will ever set this little size 7 foot on one again!! I was so sick!! NEVER again!! I am so happy that you can get into the seat again!! I know that is quite the accompolishment for you...Proud of YOU!! My Monday Memories finally got up. I am SLOW today and TIRED!! Have a great Monday..

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/21/2006 12:52 PM  

OMG! No way, no way would I go on a rollercoaster! Your kids are all beautiful! You are so lucky! They look like alot of fun too!

By Blogger Meira{FB}, at 8/21/2006 7:52 PM  

What great pics! Looks like a fun time!

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 8/22/2006 9:41 AM  

How awesome that you have reached that milestone and you can ride the rollercoaster! That is wonderful! I am so happy for you!

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 8/22/2006 9:45 AM  

Oh My Goodness - I could hardly recognize you!!!
I thought you were one of the kids!
What a big difference!!!
You look absolutely fabulous!
WAY-TO-GO-Melli!!

LL

By Blogger LibertyBelle, at 8/22/2006 11:27 AM  

Hi, so it's with me: When I find a blog I do like, i go back in "history" (OMG how soon a blogspot become history).

The roller coaster reminds me of my first visit to my son in Michigan (he is Norwegian, born in Oslo). We went up with his wife and her mother to Michigan Adventure. And they (the youngster) said:
- come on pa, it's fun. no danger. you are so young bla bla)

And, you know what?
Yes, I entered the 1 mile long 65 mph wooden style roller coaster.

- not well off, I said:
Let's go to the Aqua Park.

By Blogger TorAa, at 3/10/2007 10:12 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home