.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, October 02, 2006

I've Been Tagged!

Flip Flop Floozie tagged me this afternoon with this meme -- one I haven't seen before! I love meme's so I do accept the tag! Here we go....

1. Favorite memory of your mother?

My mother and I did not have the best of relationships... she drank a bit too much for my liking and cared more about the Bible than her children. So I don't have too many fond memories of her. But there was ONE time of year when we always seemed able to get along, and that was at the beach. We usually went to Ocean City or Rehobath for a week (sometimes two) each summer, and I guess the beach just brings out the best in people (both of us) because while we were there we did more interacting than we ever did at home. We would sit out on the front porch of the hotel, where we could see the ocean, and play cards. I don't remember that we ever talked about much -- or if we talked about anything other than the game... but it was a time when we were at least civil to one another and it was enjoyable.

2. Favorite memory of your father?

LOL! (this really wasn't the best meme for me!) My father left us when I was only 5 years old. BUT... I DO have happy memories of him! Several as a matter of fact! One of the best though was on Sunday mornings. He was an early riser, and I was an early riser, so we would go downstairs together and he would make the coffee and I would watch the percolator perk! Then sometimes... he LOVED blue cheese and we usually had some in the house... and sometimes he would get a bit of blue cheese and some crackers, and he would share it with me -- and little as I was, I LOVED blue cheese too! I still do! Then when the coffee was done perking, he'd get his cup, and we'd go in the living room and he'd sit on the couch and I'd climb up in his lap, and he'd read me the funny papers! We ALWAYS started with Katz-n-jammer Kids -- that was his favorite comic and even though it was on the inside, that was where he started. Then I would pick which one next, and next, and next... until they were done.

3. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do (though you'd never learned it)?

There are actually several things I would LOVE to be able to do... but if I have to pick just one, and it has to be something that I can't do ONLY because I haven't learned it, then it would have to be to play either the piano or guitar. And I'm actually thinking about taking guitar lessons next year. When Derek is done with the guitar that we bought him for school this year ... the one that he really is NOT enjoying much. (the other thing I would LOVE to be able to do is RUN! But that's not a matter of having not learned. That's a matter of needing better feet.)

4. Which one of your dreams has come true?

The most important dream that came true was the one about being a mom. But since Flip Flop used that one, I'll pick something else. I have always dreamed about a really LUXURIOUS and LONG vacation! And last year I got to take a 3 week vacation to Texas - the last 11 days we stayed in a really REALLY niiiiice hotel on South Padre' Island and just did EVERYTHING under the sun! It was sooooo much fun! I've been having a hard time adjusting to life in the REAL world ever since! AND... it really is true that I'm NEVER satisfied... because now I dream and dream of ANOTHER fabulous vacation! Like GREECE!

Most of my friends don't like to be tagged, so I'll just leave it as if you would LIKE to do this, just let me know that you did so I can come visit!

Labels:

4 comment(s):

Well you did well missy...Plus I knew that you could!! Yes those questions especially the first two were not the best for you. I knew that about you but sorry..I knew that you would do it!! Have a good night...What is left!!

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 10/02/2006 9:14 PM  

You did a fantastic job! I read Flip Flop's yesterday and saw that you'd been tagged, and wanted to read what you did with the meme.

Yes, Melli, you did yourself proud once again. Great job. And for about 2-3 hours of your Texas holiday, I really got to enjoy it also!!!!!

(By the way, how is Krysti today?)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/03/2006 5:11 PM  

What a wonderful Meme...And it evokes many things just reading the questions! I may have to try this one, my dear....
I loved what you wrote Melli, because it was honest and truthful and these are the most meaningful things to read and to you, too.

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 10/03/2006 8:24 PM  

I'll take that as a tag! It's a good one and I loved reading your answers. -Margie

By Blogger Margaret, at 10/04/2006 2:05 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home