I'm 59 years old. I've been married to my hubby for ... WOW! 30 years! I'm Mom to 4 great kids - 2 girls, 2 boys - and one granddaughter, now 12, and a grandson who is 5!
I am a firm believer that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and I struggle daily to be the woman He wants me to be.
~~HaPpy dAnCiN~~ HaPpY DaNcIn'~~ Hooooody Hoooo!~~ My youngest darlin' daughter, Krysti, has just received her acceptance letter from KEUKA COLLEGE!!! She will be heading for New York next fall!!! Whoooo hooo! *snif* I'm Sooooo gonna MISS her! *SOB*
Life too often happens to couple our moments of pride with our moments of sorrow. Congrats to Krysti -- and a box of tissue for Krysti's mom -- some of the tears are joy, some of the tears are sorrow, but all of the tears are liquid love.
Big chance for your daughter, but not nice for you. I had the same feeling when my son went on boarding school when he was only 15 ! Awful. He had to go there because it was the only school in Belgium teaching photography. And that's what he wanted. Now I am very proud, as he has got the Job of his life and is very happy.
13 comment(s):
CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter
Holiday time will be special :)
By
Anonymous, at
10/26/2006 8:03 PM
Wow! wonderful news, but sad at the same time. Congratulations!
Welcome over to goose your deluxe duck
By
Anonymous, at
10/26/2006 8:24 PM
Life too often happens to couple our moments of pride with our moments of sorrow. Congrats to Krysti -- and a box of tissue for Krysti's mom -- some of the tears are joy, some of the tears are sorrow, but all of the tears are liquid love.
By
Charlene Amsden, at
10/26/2006 10:13 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to Krysti! I'd be dancing too. What a proud moment for you all.
By
Anonymous, at
10/27/2006 12:39 AM
Big chance for your daughter, but not nice for you. I had the same feeling when my son went on boarding school when he was only 15 ! Awful. He had to go there because it was the only school in Belgium teaching photography. And that's what he wanted. Now I am very proud, as he has got the Job of his life and is very happy.
By
Ingrid, at
10/27/2006 1:55 AM
Congrats to her! I know, you are so proud and happy for her...and sad at the same time. Hugs to you!
By
MaR, at
10/27/2006 4:11 AM
I've not heard of this one! I'll have to go out online and google for it!
Congrats Krysti!! I just KNOW you'll do great.
(Awwwwwwwwww, Melli. Tho ya, you'll miss her terribly, but think of the future for her! And all the quiet days soon for you. *giggles*)
By
Anonymous, at
10/27/2006 7:29 AM
Krysti! Way to go! yippie!
And Ms. Melli, you'll miss her, for sure, but she'll come home with huge bags of dirty laundry to show you how much she loves you. :)
By
Carmen, at
10/27/2006 8:03 AM
Wow! What an accomplishment, congratulations to mom and daughter! (She didn't achieve this all on her own).
By
Kat Campbell, at
10/27/2006 8:54 AM
Congrats to Krysti! I know that you will really miss her though!
By
Anonymous, at
10/27/2006 11:03 AM
Congrats to her! Awesome achievement!
By
Irish Church Lady :), at
10/27/2006 11:09 AM
That is awesome! Congrats to her!!
http://skinniereverafter.braveblog.com/
By
Anonymous, at
10/27/2006 1:53 PM
Congrats! Keep us updated on how she does.
By
Teena in Toronto, at
10/28/2006 2:18 PM
Post a comment
<< Home