.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, January 15, 2007

HOOOO YAH!

UGH! Today began the BOOT CAMP six week challenge at Curves! It was challenging to me in more ways than one!

First... we've already discussed the water situation - right? Yes... today - on the day AFTER the report of the woman dieing from drinking too much water -- we start off our challenge with the formula of dividing your body weight in half, and drinking THAT MANY ounces of water per day! For me that is 115 ounces of water! Don't worry! This IS a doctor tested formula that has been used in NUMEROUS weight loss programs -- and it works! (so I hear) I really surprised myself with this one today - because I expected to have a REALLLLLY hard time, and I really didn't! I had already downed 64 ounces before I even went to work! So that left the whole afternoon to get down the OTHER half gallon! And I did -- I actually ended up drinking 128 ounces today! YAY me!!! ( I did have coffee this morning - and we have to drink "extra" water to make up for caffeine! ) So I did really really well!

The OTHER challenging part of my day today was WORK! Gooooodness me! We had @ 35 people signed up for the challenge BEFORE today... but when I showed up to work at 10:00 there were about 18 people in the place (which is a LOT for our Curves!) and Bonnie and Jodi were trying to get all the Boot Campers weighed and measured and make sure they had all their instructions ... so I jumped in to help out with that -- which was GREAT! I learned how to weigh and measure - properly - today, and I had a LOT of one on one with the members, answering questions and helping them out! PLUS I was in charge of taking everyone's picture to go on their file! It was GREAT! The time flew by and I had FUN! But the thing is, that because everyone was SO excited about the first day of Boot Camp and we were all bustling about doing our stuff ... well... it got the people who HADN'T signed up motivated! So we ended up signing up a BUNCH of new people for the Boot Camp that weren't on the original list! Now the BC doesn't COST anything extra - so this wasn't money making -- it was just ... INVIGORATING! LOL! It was really fun to "watch" how contagious the enthusiasm was!

Now, the bad part? We were SO busy, that by the time I clocked out, I had never remembered to get one of them to weigh and measure ME!!! Shoot! So I will have to get all that done tomorrow. It's okay - everyone has until Wednesday evening to get in and get started, so tomorrow works fine -- except that I DRANK all my water today! So I know I'll be THINNER already tomorrow! LOL! Riiiiiiiiiight!

16 comment(s):

I hope the challenge goes swimmingly!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/15/2007 10:58 PM  

Wahoooo!! :)
We're doing some kind of thing here too-- but they do it at 10am. It so doesn't work for me. :)

As for the water.. wow. Maybe I'll have to try that... maybe. ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/15/2007 11:27 PM  

Way to go on the water!! Water goes right through me...I would have to stay near the potty all day long!! Ugh!
And yes, I'm deaf as a post. The implant hasn't done what I thought it would...yet. Part of that is my fault...I get very frustrated by the sound and go days without wearing the processor. If I were more consistent, I'm sure it would be much better by now. It is so frustrating :( In my "good" ear, I only have about 3-5% hearing (it fluctuates from day to day, and I predict it will be gone within the year). I don't know any sign language, so the implant just has to work. I am thinking about going ahead with the second implant this summer. It would destroy any residual hearing in my "good" ear (ha) but I think I would get better results than I have with my current implant (I was implanted in an ear that had NO SOUND AT ALL for 30+ years...it makes a big difference, unfortunately). With this implant, I "feel" the sounds rather than "hear" them, and it's almost painful. If I implant my "good" ear, I shouldn't have to deal with that (the surgeon tells me...we'll see). Thanks for asking! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/15/2007 11:40 PM  

I just come here to take a breath, because I comment run through Tackle it Tuesday and know by now, that kitchens in Texas are clean, christmas trees pulled down in Montreal etc etc. But I follow your advise I only comment when it's funny or interesting. Washing nappies and look at pictures before and after, is not so my style.
I had to use my converter and are here with my mouth big open ! So much water !! Your stomac must be an acquarium, don't forget to swallow some fishes !
But really I admire you having such a strong will to loose weight, it's wonderful ! When it's over you will feel very good and you can be proud of you !
And that's why I comment,so that you have to excercise although you are not participating on that game lol !

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2007 12:40 AM  

Sounds like a good plan...! I drink quite a bit of water but I don't think I drink have my weight in water...I'll have to see...!
I happen to LOVE water and drink very little else...
Good luck with all this Melli...!

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 1/16/2007 3:14 AM  

You go girl! If I know you, you can do it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2007 8:48 AM  

you sure have your work cut out for you!! much luck and success!

By Blogger DesLily, at 1/16/2007 9:26 AM  

Mornin' Melli!!!

Keep on keepin' on!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2007 11:06 AM  

Hey there..good morning my friend!! Nice to have you stop by today!! Yeap we had a great time Miss Daisy and myself!! We now know how to clear a room!! smile...Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 1/16/2007 11:36 AM  

I'm glad you're enjoying your new job. I like your enthusiasm! Watch out you don't get too waterlogged....I, for one, would be spending most of my BOOT CAMP in the ladies' room, but that's just 'weak-kidneys' ME!

Hugz, dear lady!

P.S. The word for my word verification on my comment is 'rtdorkek'....of course - there has to be a DORK in it! LOL..
Describes me perfectly today.....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2007 12:56 PM  

Sounds so cool! The great thing is all the support you will have and will provide to others. You make losing weight seem soooooooo fun. Thank God I know the truth or I would join in. LOL!

By Blogger Penrick, at 1/16/2007 7:35 PM  

Keep on Swimming, keep on swimming, keep on swimming. You can do it Melli! I know you can.

By Blogger Margaret, at 1/16/2007 8:38 PM  

Melli --you rock! Do the happy dance -- or the potty dance - -whichever seems more urgent.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2007 9:03 PM  

Mmm, I actually wrote a post about that water poisining once before.

It sounds like you're doing just great Melli, so woooohoooooo for you!

*doing the wave for Melli*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/17/2007 6:12 AM  

You go girl.....you can do it.
I weigh in today. I hope I have lost at least a couple of pounds. I had lost 34 lbs. and gained a couple, you know....YO-YO!!! I have hovering at 30 so I am looking for a loss today.

By Blogger Jane, at 1/17/2007 8:25 AM  

Isn't it great that rubber boots now have colors, stripes, whistles and bows!! I love them, was so tired of my green ones! *S*
And you go girl!
All the luck!
L

By Blogger LibertyBelle, at 1/17/2007 4:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home