Two! Two! Two posts in One!
In Which We Speak Of Eggs and Birthdays...
Saturday was a Luz & Nana day. It was also Pop-Pops birthday! Mom & I went and picked Luz up and we headed to the PARTY store! We (Luz) selected all the hats and decorations that we were going to need to properly party Pop-Pop. (well... I admit, I did steer her away from the Dora aisle!) Then we got his balloons, and headed to the cake mix aisle at the "little store". Luz kept insisting that she didn't want to help me make a cake and I said that was fine -- but in the end, she did want to help me make a cake. And THAT is what this post is really about. Because... I learned something this day. I learned that as parents (and grandparents too perhaps?) we often think children are not capable of doing "certain things"... but as we prepared to make our cake, Luz said "I want to break the eggs!" ... and remembering that very first little picture I was given of her... back before she was MY granddaughter... the one of her ever so gently holding that little egg in her hand... well... I said... "of course, Baby! Of course you get to break the eggs!" And look!
She checks it out...


Baby Girl broke ALL THREE eggs and did a PERFECT job of it!!! Not ONE piece of eggshell did she drop! (and no broken yolks either!) Was this Nana AMAZED!? Darn tootin'! Amazed that someone back in her "other" culture had taken the time to TEACH a 3 year old HOW to crack an egg! Our little Luz is the best darned egg cracker the world has EVER known! LOL! ... well... okay... I might be a weeeee bit prejudiced there... but... she's GOOD!





















16 comment(s):
How bout that I have a birthday with eggs too...green eggs and ham. What at great helper that Luz is...Looks like lots of fun.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
1/21/2008 12:36 PM
Oh my gosh! such preciousness! Soma handles the eggs very carefully too, but I worry about him with the mixer. lol Happy birthday to Pop Pop!!!
By
Anonymous, at
1/21/2008 12:43 PM
Melli, I am sorry to have missed Pop Pop's birthday..Give him a big " happy birthday " wish from me....
I love the way Luz broke the eggs so carefully and helped you make the cake.Where was her a apron to wear over her pretty sweater?? Just kidding.. she looked like she kept her self clean and cleaned up the spoon the right way...Hugs to all,
Baba
By
Baba, at
1/21/2008 1:07 PM
That sweet little girl has simply taken your heart, hasn't she??? She's SO ADORABLE and I can only imagine her so gingerly cracking the eggs. What a sweetheart.
Have a great week, Melli!
By
Susan, at
1/21/2008 3:19 PM
Luz is already a great party planner and a budding cook. She is well on her way to a career and she's only 3!
By
Anonymous, at
1/21/2008 3:26 PM
Belated Happy Birthday, Pop Pop! :-) (Melli, I love that nickname!)
Wouldja just look at that babygirl and her eggsies :-)) What a clever bunny she is!
cq
By
craziequeen, at
1/21/2008 4:15 PM
She really is impressive. How amazing they can make us feel sometimes.... It looks like it was a great birthday, happy belated birthday Pop Pop. Wonderful nickname.
I'm just passing by to leave this important news:
Cyber Cruisers New Travel Blog
By
Anonymous, at
1/21/2008 4:35 PM
Awwww!!!!
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
1/21/2008 5:05 PM
LOVE his hat!!!!!!
By
Hootin Anni, at
1/21/2008 6:11 PM
Looks like you had a great party and with all of that help too!! WOW!! Guess the next time we have a party we need to borrow your team!! What did your MIL think? i bet she wondered what was happening!! That LUZ is better with breaking eggs than i am for sure!! What fun!! I am so happy for everyone. Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
1/21/2008 9:55 PM
Y'all do birthdays RIGHT, don't you??? What a great party!
I didn't know that little Luz was so talented in the kitchen! She's quite accomplished for just three years old!!!
By
Jennifer, at
1/21/2008 11:00 PM
Each time I come here and see pictures of such a happy family I get jalous ! Lol, I shouldn't !
By
Ingrid, at
1/22/2008 2:15 AM
Hi Melli
A beautiful place here!
Excellent post! You are Master.
Thank you.
have a good day
By
david santos, at
1/22/2008 9:45 AM
I can't WAIT for Zoe to help me do things like that!!!! Luz is SOOOO precious. For now, I will allow her to be the egg cracking champion....but just wait!!!!
Happy Birthday to Pop Pops too!!!!
By
Jane, at
1/22/2008 4:30 PM
I am a little late with my comment for this post but hopefully you will get it anyway. I think God meant for Grandma's to teach kids to break eggs. My daughters best memories with her Granny are breaking eggs. I think maybe when you get to be a granny you realize that a couple of dollars worth of eggs provide a life time of memories! Plus Grandmas just have more patience than Mamas do! I need to hire you to do my next party, you do a bang up job!
By
Aggiema (Michelle), at
1/23/2008 11:58 AM
Looks like quite a party! Did you save me any cake??!!
By
Teena in Toronto, at
1/24/2008 9:50 AM
Post a comment
<< Home