T.G.I.F ! ! ! .... Skywatch Friday....
is hosted by Tom
This was taken at Solomon's Island, MD off the deck at the Solomon's Island Pier restaurant. The bridge is the Gov. Thomas Johnson bridge - it connects Calvert and St. Mary's Counties where the Chesapeake Bay and the Patuxent River converge. It was about 4:00 in the afternoon, and a bit of a hazy day...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Around theHouse Neighborhood
Yes indeedy! Thank GOD it IS Friday! And allllllllllllllllll of the clothes are back in my closet!!! Whoo hoo! Except for the ones that are neatly packed and waiting to leave TOMORROW for a week at the beach! I'm sO excited I think I might POP! The ocean and I have a long standing love affair! I stand in awe of the might and power of God that IS the ocean! Not to mention the beauty! It just amazes me! Every time!Around the
Today is the day I get my *new and improved* permanent dentures! I am sO excited! The other ones have gotten sO loose and have been gagging me and causing all kinds of misery! If any misery comes from the new ones I'm going to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist! Hence, I am positive my permanent dentures are going to be PERFECT! Come back later to catch a glimpse of my new smile!
Luz and I went on a wee little bit of an explore yesterday. It was her first time to Quiet Waters Park -- a very nifty naturey park near her new home! (they moved last weekend) I took her there to go to the playground - which we DID do, but after the little girls she started playing with left, she sorta lost interest in the playground. So we went for a little walk.
... sorta like on a balance beam!Quiet Waters has lots of unique sculptures...
mostly by local artists.
For some reason Luz was fascinated with this one.A very high stack of rocks.
3 stacks actually.
One on each corner of the triangle.
Sometimes it doesn't take MUCH to be a sculpture...
just a thought.
THEN Luz found the BIG find!
What is that turtle DOING Nana?Well... we're not sure... but we BELIEVE
that turtle was laying some eggs!
It appears she has dug a largish hole...
... and plopped her butt in it...I THINK she was making a deposit!
I don't know what kind of turtle this is.
It looks like a GIANT one of those
little painted turtles.
(do they GET this big?)
She sure is pretty though!Don'tcha think?
Labels: Skywatch







25 comment(s):
I like that little bit of haze in the air. Nice picture of the bridge.
I love the turtle. That is a big find!
By
bcmomtoo, at
6/19/2008 10:26 PM
Lovely photo. Good for you! The turtles are very interesting.
By
Kay, at
6/19/2008 11:23 PM
What a neat find on a fun explore!
I grew up near the ocean (well, the Gulf of Mexico) and had forgotten how beautiful it is and how much I love it til we went there again several years ago. I could watch it for hours. Have fun!!!
By
Anonymous, at
6/19/2008 11:26 PM
In this case, hazy made a nice photo!
By
Pat - Arkansas, at
6/20/2008 12:53 AM
Your Sky Watch photo is really outstanding! What a cute little one in the other pictures!
For Sky Watch over at San Francisco Bay Daily Photo, we have a dance between the moon and the fog at midnight.
By
Louis la Vache, at
6/20/2008 1:21 AM
Your sky looks like ours here .... grey, lol !
If I count the days you were busy with putting back your clothes in your closet you must have as many clothes as the Queen of England !
So tomorrow you are going on holidays, wonderful ! We are going to Italy next week on Friday for 10 days, for family and friend's visits.
Luz and the turtle are so cute pictures !
By
Ingrid, at
6/20/2008 2:36 AM
So we are both heading into the water on vacation and we both posted turtles today!! ::high five::
Love the sculpture with the rocks, very simple and creative!! what fun to re-discover the world through the eyes of a little one.
Enjoy your vacation, Melli. I will miss visiting my blog friends ::sob:: but I will make sure to photograph interesting things to blog about...or maybe I will just sit in the sun and relax, he he. Happy vacation, Melli, don't forget your hat and sunscreen!
By
MaR, at
6/20/2008 3:04 AM
i want a turtle but i wonder if they get really big awesome pictures
By
Anonymous, at
6/20/2008 3:15 AM
Awesome! I like the bridge picture, and the turtle was a find!
By
Shosh, at
6/20/2008 5:25 AM
Gorgeous sky.
By
SandyCarlson, at
6/20/2008 8:01 AM
Good for Amanda and Hector and their new home! Great pictures of your girl....she's growing much too quickly too. Have a fabulous time at the beach, come back refreshed! Can hardly wait to see your new smile!
By
Lazy Daisy, at
6/20/2008 8:07 AM
I came early and still eleve people were here before me. I csan't win. Not that being first wins anything but it makes the little people happy you know.
I remember my daughter walking along a fence post . That picture reminded me.
Great turtle pictures.
Hope your teeth are all that you want.
Have a great vacation.
By
Dr.John, at
6/20/2008 8:36 AM
What a great picture of Luz and the turtle!
Have a great vacation and a wonderful time at the beach.
By
Maribeth, at
6/20/2008 9:37 AM
Wonderful pictures! The bridge one is really nice...then the ones of Luz...esp. the one where she is walking on the curb, but the turtle one is so cool. Never have I seen a turtle actually laying her eggs, except on tv.
Have a marvelous time on vacation adn I'll be counting the days 'til you return. Is your mil going with you? We are going to try to take my mil to Houston with us pretty soon. The whole walker thing might be a hassle, but it will be ok. She wants to go so much.
By
Amber Star, at
6/20/2008 10:40 AM
nice pictures
By
Anonymous, at
6/20/2008 11:03 AM
Lovely Skywatch!
I love the sculpture - Luz looks like she's listening to the rocks sing. :)
I'd bet the turtle was laying eggs.
Have a wonderful vacation - I know you'll have lots of fun and they'll be lots of photos - RIGHT?
By
Carletta, at
6/20/2008 11:13 AM
excellent post, well done.
By
Daniel J Santos, at
6/20/2008 11:27 AM
Lovely post from start to finsih. Tje bridge is a beautiful image.
By
Jane Hards Photography, at
6/20/2008 12:24 PM
Melli, I can't wait to see the new smile! I am excited about your trip to the beach...enjoy it!!! ((hugs))
By
Jennifer, at
6/20/2008 12:46 PM
Beautiful Sky Watch! :)
By
FO - 2, at
6/20/2008 3:46 PM
Aww! Very cool turtle find! Luz is a sweetie! :)
Have a wonderful time at the beach - I'm counting down the days until we go as well. The beach is my favorite of all places. :)
By
Unknown, at
6/20/2008 5:27 PM
It looks like a red-eared slider turtle. They do get that big. Yay!
:-) What an awesome find!
By
Anonymous, at
6/20/2008 8:24 PM
Melli you have a great week at the beach, relax and take pictures..We need to hear what went on. I have been so busy that I have not been able to comment till tonight..kids are gone!! YES!! It is quiet and poor Annie came out of hiding!! I hope you have a GREAT TIME
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
6/20/2008 8:48 PM
Oc says, yep, it's a red-eared slider -- the standard pet shop turtle, and it isn't at all unusual for them to get that big. He says the breed is not native to Maryland, so most likely it started life as someone's pet.
By
Anonymous, at
6/20/2008 11:55 PM
I'm glad you and Luz had a wonderful time at the park. I'm sure you were both thrilled to see a turtle. I agree, it must have been preparing to lay some eggs.
By
Heart of Rachel, at
6/21/2008 8:26 AM
Post a comment
<< Home