A New Meme! ... Open Doors... and Friday stuff...
My friend Barbara H. over at Stray Thoughts THOUGHT up this meme and started it all on her little own! It's relevant to us all, so of course I am playing! (and I would even if it had no relevance at all...)How do you feel about being tagged for memes?
I don't mind being tagged a bit! As a matter of fact, I LOVE doing memes! Problem is I've DONE most of them, so they're hard to find different ones anymore! Some that I haven't done for a long long time I've repeated. My readership is somewhat different now than it was... so I figure it's okay!
Do you participate in any regular weekly memes? Which ones?
Oy! I have a meme for almost every day of the week. I'm trying to cut back on some... but sometimes when you DON'T have anything on your brain, they help to give ya something! Lately though, I'm really IN to these photo challenges! They are enriching my life on many different levels, and I think I'll probably stick with them! I LIKE the memes that ask weekly questions - except that soooooo many times the questions revolve around television or movies or the entertainment industry. That just doesn't work for me.
Have you found any bloggers that you began to read regularly after participating in a meme with them?
Funny you should ask... MOST of my blogging friends I have met through one meme or another. And many I really don't remember which meme they came from. I know I met Lazy Daisy and Barbara Miers through the Blog Olympics! That was just a blast! But Daisy was also doing Thursday Thirteen at that time - and so was I. I met Flip Flop Floozie, and LadyBugCrossing through Lazy Daisy. The one I DON'T remember how I met is Quilly... cuz she never did memes. Quilly? Do YOU remember? Maybe you found me!
Do you know of any readers who found you through a meme and became regular readers?
All of the above mentioned... plus I think Jane, probably through TT, or WW. Maybe it was Friday Feast... Dang! It all runs together now!
Did you find any favorite blogs through comments or blogrolls on others’ blogs?
Well, see... here's the thing. It's all sort of a process to becoming a regular reader and then a "friend". First you start in a meme... and you like a person's style, and then you read the comments that they leave in other blogs - and in your own too, of course - and they grow on you. So then you start lingering on their blog past the meme and you see what they had to say during the week, and you may leave a comment or two or five... and before you know it you're reading them everyday or at least every OTHER day just to keep up ... and before you know it they FEEL like a friend even if they don't know it!!! Next thing you know you're having lunch with them somewhere while your husband worries that you or them might be an axe murderer and if things REALLY go well, you invite yourself back to spend the night at their house! (did I just skirt this question?)
Did you find any favorite blogs from someone else’s recommendation?
Absolutely positively - but I'm DUMB! Quilly told me about Dr. John aaaaages ago... Melli, read him... I think you'll like him. So I stopped in and I read him and I totally didn't GET him. And I left and didn't think much of it again... until he joined a photo hunt. And then I was visiting him everyday to see his pictures and I was learning about his family, and I started reading about that make believe village in his basement and before I knew it I was just absolutely HOOKED on Dr. John!!!
If you comment on someone’s blog, do you expect a response? If so, do you prefer that response to come through an e-mail, a comment from them on the same post, or a comment on your blog?
Honestly I really don't expect a response from most people. I don't leave my real email addy in the comment forms - I learned long ago that to keep spam to a minimum do NOT put your addy in those things! And I get almost zero spam! Sooooo... unless they are regulars who HAVE an email for me... or they are willing to follow me back to my page and hunt down my email addy, they won't get through to me. I tried doing that comment to the comments thing ... and I gotta tell ya that's just a nuisance! I LOVE that Quilly does it - and a few others - and I go back to see what they said! But most people don't come back and never see your response. So then what? Lately what I've been doing - since I have started doing just a little blabber about nothing every day, is if there was a question from a regular the day before I might say something about it. Sometimes I go back to their blog and answer the question... it really all depends. For myself, if I ask a question, I guess I'd rather have the response in my blog... I dunno.
Do you ever struggle with your blogging “voice”?
I do not struggle for ONE minute with my blogging voice! My blogging voice is my same voice as if we're talkin' in person! If you think you KNOW me from reading my blog - you probably do! Now... I don't share EVERYthing on my blog... and I do try to keep my blog up-key. So some people are mistaken by thinking that I am ALWAYS "up" and always "on"... and of course, that is not true for ANYone! But what you DO get from me is all me - it all genuine!
Are there certain types of blogs that attract you?
Yes. I can't tell you what they are... but I know when I hit one! My newest blog friend, Lanny... I literally STUMBLED upon her blog... followed a link, saw a comment, clicked here, clicked there ... suddenly there I was and my first comment to her was "HOW COME I've never read you before? How have I NOT seen your blog before?" She and I just clicked! I do know this... about 90% of my most favorite blogs belong to Christians. But that's not a requirement. I have verrrrrrrry good non-Christian blogging friends. I like a "positive" blog. I like positive attitudes and respect for people and Love! And I think part of the attraction of having blogging friends is that I can pick and choose from such a wiiiiiiiiiiide variety of people who I really DO want to be close friends with. In real life, we are stuck with the people who live and work near us. Those who attend our church and the parents of our children's friends. We rarely get to CHOOSE who we will converse with on a daily basis. We take life as it comes. But in the blog world, we have more control. We can be more choosy. We can surround ourselves with ONLY those who's company we REALLY REALLY enjoy!!! What a wonderful thing!!!
Are there certain types of blogs that repel you?
Absolutely!!! The exact opposite of what I just spoke of. If a blog is focused on negativity... people bashing, whining, complaining, profanity ... Well - it's cyberspace. We all have a right to say whatever we want. But we also all have the choice NOT to visit blogs that offend us. 'Nuff said.
What time of day do you usually blog?
La la la la la... alllllllllllllll day ... every day.... la la la la la! I definitely blog with my coffee... and I definitely blog the night away! In between I have to live a life so I have something to blog about! Right?
Do your family and friends know about your blog?
They DO!
Do they read it?
Well... Krysti has been the last few days... I wonder how long that will last! The others? NO! I have to BEG them to read my blog!
Do they mind if you mention them?
LOL! I've never asked them! I don't really talk that much ABOUT them, do I? But since I mostly keep everything in a positive light I don't think they mind. I don't really share their "personal" stuff. Mostly what you guys hear about them is just in the family outting type things. I've shared excitement over some of their accomplishments! They wouldn't mind that! When trouble hits, I usually just ask for prayers and don't give much in the way of details... God knows what you're prayin' for -- you don't need to!
Do they suggest posts for it?
I think Krysti has suggested something once or twice. Hehehe... they don't so much "suggest" it as they "accept it" ... as in Oh geez... Mom's gonna blog this...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jientje is hosting this challenge.
2 Days Left... better hurry!
Day 5
Thus far, ALL of my doors have been closed.
Today I'm going to change that!
The Baltimore Zoo has lots of neat caves!
To my knowledge we haven't had a cave door yet.
So now we do!
And it's OPEN too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jientje is hosting this challenge. 2 Days Left... better hurry!
Day 5
Thus far, ALL of my doors have been closed.
Today I'm going to change that!
The Baltimore Zoo has lots of neat caves!To my knowledge we haven't had a cave door yet.
So now we do!
And it's OPEN too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you ALL for all your birthday wishes yesterday! I'm sorry I couldn't get around to visit, but I'll be catchin' up double time today!!! We had a long looooong FABULOUS day yesterday - but we left out at 8:30 a.m. and didn't return until 7:30 p.m. and then Amanda wanted me to email her all the pics I took! I took 167 pics! (no... she didn't get them ALL!) LOL! I will blog our zoo visit ... and other Baltimore fun for Saturday! (MAYBE. Krysti's comin' home tonight... so... we'll see.) This post was already together except for the door which I just added... so it's goin' up today!!! LOL! I'll be around when it's coffee time! ;)







16 comment(s):
I don't know how I met my blogfriends, I suppose through memes because when I started nobody knew me and nobody made a comment. I like memes if they are interesting to me for example the photo themes. Some of the memes became stupid with the time like Friday Feast.
I prefer to answer questions by mail, and it's true I never go back once I have commented. That would take too much time.
Only my son (maybe also "DIL" are looking at my blogs. Mr. Gattino only when he explains Internet in his computer course, just to show people what one can do and what a blog is ! My friends don't understand english so they sometimes look at the pictures when I tell them.
By
Ingrid, at
9/05/2008 4:34 AM
Happy belated birthday, Melli!
I love your door picture.
That meme is terrific... I might have to do it - but not today. I'm too busy today.
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
9/05/2008 6:45 AM
Love that picture.
I found you through a Photo Hunt, I think. I know it was through Gattina's blog. I knew right away that we clicked!
By
Anonymous, at
9/05/2008 7:47 AM
Ha! Great cave door Melli..
Have a wonderful weekend.
By
Anonymous, at
9/05/2008 9:48 AM
Glad you had a fun day yesterday. I woke feeling totally dragged out and just stayed down all day. Much better this morning.
Oh...we are going to the beach the end of September :)
By
Amber Star, at
9/05/2008 10:06 AM
Very interesting stuff Melli. I don't remember how we met. Do you??? I'm just glad we did.
BTW....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
Sorry to be late :(
By
Jane, at
9/05/2008 10:08 AM
I'm glad you had a fun day yesterday. I love your open door. I enjoyed your answers to the questions.
By
Carver, at
9/05/2008 10:54 AM
I loved your answers to the questions! My views are pretty much the same.
And, sure, come on over and help me decorate my wall!
By
Anonymous, at
9/05/2008 11:21 AM
Melli -- I found you while looking for weight-loss blogs. When I was an active dieter, I read the blogs of many like minded peoples, however, yours is the only one I kept. I think yours was the only one that was "real". Nobody else ever seemed to falter, struggle or fail. They wrote primarily about dieting, exercise, and their successes and their own wonderfulness. That wasn't what I needed.
By
Anonymous, at
9/05/2008 11:22 AM
I just dropped by to wish you a Happy Birthday after seeing Baba's post! I’ll give this meme some thought … and perhaps post at Small Reflections sometime soon. I did a similar survey about ‘comments’ there recently … on Wednesday if memory serves. Enjoy your special day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
By
storyteller, at
9/05/2008 12:20 PM
I love the cave door. That has to be a one and only in all the responses to the meme.
I am so glad that you came back to my blog. If you didn't who would I get to steal meme's from. But my memory is too poor for this one so I won';t steal it.
Glad you enjoyed your birthday.
Like you main of the people I link to are Christian but not all. I also like positive blogs and am beginning to like photo blogs.
By
Dr.John, at
9/05/2008 12:23 PM
I love your cave door!
By
Dragonstar, at
9/05/2008 2:21 PM
Yikes, I missed your Birthday!! So I sure hope you have a good one!! I know I met you through Sandy's blog reading her comments and you were such joy and brought more laugher in to my life! Gee, that sound serious!!!
But I did just love reading your comments when I first started blogging and knew I had to find your blog and become your friend!
I don't blog about every thing that my family does!!
It May seems like it!!! LOL At my Birthdy Party the family told Glo who lives 30 miles from me and has a blog (Young At Heart). We call Mom up and say Remember THIS is not for the blog!!! As if I would write about their ladies days!!! lol
Love and hugs Grams
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
9/05/2008 2:53 PM
That's a lot of blogging stuff to think about! I'd have to take a little while to really think about those questions.
I've been coming here for a while now but I think I found you in Quilly's ABC meme.
Just seems like forever!!!
Glad you had a great day yesterday.
Cave door - an original - great find!
By
Carletta, at
9/05/2008 3:03 PM
It is a wonder that you can remember how you met all of us. Gosh i think I must have met you through Daisy..In fact I am sure of that!! I just enjoy meeting so many great people through blogging...Have fun at the beach soon...Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
9/05/2008 3:21 PM
I'm glad to have met you through the Blog Olympics - the most fun I've ever had blogging.
By
Unknown, at
9/25/2008 11:55 PM
Post a comment
<< Home