.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturday Photo Hunt... Wordzzle...


Join the blogroll. Visit participants.

Today's Theme: Sad
This is about as sad as Jewl gets!
This puppy
hates a bath!
Awwww....


<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>



The Wordzzle Challenge is hosted each week by Raven

This Week's Ten Word Challenge: tattletale, homogeneous, flighty, cornucopia, plethora, militant, lovelorn, myopic, digitalized, mute

Oh, I am so MAD at that bratty little militant tattletale I could just spit nails! Do you know what she's done? We were having a perfectly fair and FUN little competition to see who could snag the most spewlies on campus... you don't know what a spewlie is? Oh! They are those homogeneous little bobble things they put in the mugs down at the pub! You know... after a few too many (or even one) they're fun to toss around and play with! But it was just for fun! Ya know? EVERYBODY has them! So anyway... I just happened to mention it to the soccer team after Tuesday night's win and they all saved their spewlies for ME! I didn't ASK 'em to! They just did it! Well, little miss flirty flighty is rather lovelorn at the moment and has her myopic eye set on Chad - you know - captain of the team! It doesn't seem to matter a fig that HE hasn't even noticed she exists, while Brandon's tongue is practically hanging on the ground every time she walks by... she won't give him the time of day! So now she's all snarly at ME because Chad gave me his spewlies! It's not like she caught us under the bleachers or something! So... what'd she do? She went to the DEAN! Now mind you, she DIDN'T tell on the soccer team! Just on ME! So of course, MY dorm was searched and they found my plethora of spewlies spilling out of the cornucopia on my shelf... Sure, I coulda made up some canned story about "finding" them all or how they were all given to me or something, but it just wasn't worth it - ya know? I mean, EVERYBODY has spewlies! What's the big deal? Well... I'll tell ya... the big deal is that NOW, since she tattled, spewlies are no longer allowed on campus! This is sO juvenile! Next they'll be installing digitalized breath analysis on campus or something! The whole thing has just left me MUTE! (can't you tell?)



And for the Mini Challenge: washing machine, cholesterol, blatantly, Birdman of Alcatraz, poltergeist

Did you ever have one of those days where nothing goes right? Today was one of those days. It started out with poltergeist in my washing machine, moved on to a bat in the basement about the size of the Birdman of Alcatraz! How it got in there, I have no idea! Then the doctor called with my the results of my blood tests.
My cholesterol is sky high! Satan is blatantly messing with me, and I'm going back to bed and pray! Maybe when I get up again, it will all be over!


Labels: ,

34 comment(s):

Both great but I LOVED the spewlies. The voice was wonderful and felt very real.

By Blogger Raven, at 10/04/2008 12:22 AM  

That's indeed the saddest look I have seen so far today, lol !

what a phantasy again, hahaha ! I recognized myself with the " myopic eye set " That's what I had in the past !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 10/04/2008 3:03 AM  

Hi Melli!
I have something for you today. It's on my Saturday blog entry...just scroll down.

Happy weekend to you.
Jewels face can melt a heart!!!!

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 10/04/2008 4:36 AM  

I loved them both but the 10 worder was my favourite. :)

By Blogger Akelamalu, at 10/04/2008 6:39 AM  

Maddening when a tattletale spoils it for the lot. Great post.
Puppy bath is a sad time for all involved, meaning clean up after the first big shake. PhotoHunter almost had me stumped this weekend but I did post.

By Blogger HeatherK, at 10/04/2008 8:12 AM  

Awww. Can't dogs just give the saddest looks?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2008 8:21 AM  

Now that first one was a great story , well told. Wow! you are quite a writer or is that a quiet writer.
The second one had me laughing. Poltergeist in the washing machine what a great combination. I could just see the clothes flying out.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 10/04/2008 8:48 AM  

AWW! What a pouty face on the dog! How could you be so mean to give that dog a bath?! ;) ;) lol. Animals sure can sulk sometimes, can't they? It's an adorable photo.

I have mine up today, too. I hope you can visit and leave your link! That would make me happy!
http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-sad/

By Blogger Rebecca Mecomber, at 10/04/2008 9:11 AM  

Our dog HATES baths too! Ha!

I played too.

By Blogger Teena in Toronto, at 10/04/2008 9:24 AM  

Ohhhh, what a sad look!! pretty pic for the theme :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2008 9:27 AM  

That's a good picture for "sad." I couldn't come up with anything for this theme.

I enjoyed seeing your red room! I remember it now from a previous photo hunt. I'm not afraid of color -- I just don't like red (or orange or peach) personally. I had a kitchen once that was white with red trim, and I thought it was cute until I actually lived in it -- then it bugged me to no end. I thought your son's red room looked great -- or someone who likes red. :-) I suppose if Jesse had really been upset about not using red, I would have relented -- but I would have had to keep the door shut (as his room is across from mine) and have him put away his own laundry so I wouldn't have to go in there...which may not have been such a bad thing after all...LOL!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2008 10:25 AM  

I love the poltergeist in the washing machine! That was great! Mine's up.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2008 10:51 AM  

Jewl is beautiful. That'a a great photo of her, the light makes her look so silvery. As you give her a bath think of me trying to groom 2 cats, each with trust and touch issues :)

I love your 10 word. You were totally channeling a college girl LOL - as Raven said the voice was real, I felt like I was on the phone with my niece.

and I love -m Satan is blatantly messing with me!!

Fun post from top to bottom!!

By Blogger Dianne, at 10/04/2008 10:54 AM  

Oh the dog is sad ...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2008 11:19 AM  

No not again - a bath - so Sad.
hahaha.

soory to be so short, we are returning to our winterhome this weekend. That's sad

By Blogger TorAa, at 10/04/2008 11:53 AM  

Dogs really knows how to give you the sad eyes for sure! she loookslike the whole world is going under... But never the less: cute!

Ha ha ha... Melli, Melli, your imagination and writing style is unforgettable!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2008 1:02 PM  

Oh Melli,
Now that is really a sad look!! You can definitely tell that a bath is not her favorite thing to do.

Great shot and thanks ever so much for dropping by and visiting me also!!

I shall bookmark you and visit again!!:-)

By Blogger Jackie, at 10/04/2008 1:10 PM  

Hi Melli, Your doggie looks very sad!! Hugs Grams

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 10/04/2008 1:41 PM  

That is perfect for the sad theme. Not many dogs I know and have known in the past liked baths.

By Blogger Carver, at 10/04/2008 2:08 PM  

That is, for sure, one sad looking dog, haha. I'm sure that it will pass quickly. Reba is about to be very sad too. I changed the rack for the canopy on my truck, so now she won't be able to put her head thru into the cab while we drive... sigh.

I totally LOVE your Wordzzle!! I am sO going to have to get involved in that meme now. Maaaannnn.... so many memes, so little time.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2008 4:37 PM  

Dogs do the saddest faces anywhere!

By Blogger Dragonstar, at 10/04/2008 5:13 PM  

I hope that dog got a treat afterwards to cheer him up! ;-)

Great Wordzzles! Both of them were terrific!

By Blogger Jay, at 10/04/2008 6:40 PM  

Spewlies...

Bwahahahaha

For whatever reason, I found myself reading that with a valley girl accent. It was like so funny!

By Blogger Jeff B, at 10/04/2008 6:50 PM  

so sad dog. Liked your stories.

By Blogger bettygram, at 10/04/2008 8:20 PM  

Oh what a face! Dogs have the best 'I'm so miserable why are you doing this to me' faces in the world!:)

By Blogger Forever Foster, at 10/04/2008 11:13 PM  

Jeff's right - a Valley Girl accent would be perfect for flirty flighty! I think I encountered her in another lifetime.
We both have poltergist's in the washing machine - and I think Heather did too - hmmmm...must be one visiting us!

By Blogger Carletta, at 10/04/2008 11:21 PM  

Oh, how I ♥ a bath! My sad photo is here.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2008 12:07 AM  

Oh the spewlies story is excellent - I can just feel her seething. :)

By Blogger Clarence, at 10/05/2008 1:31 AM  

Dogs can be so sad, but happy very quickly when they get that pat on the head. Our dog doesn't much like having a bath either. Happy weekend.

By Blogger Lisa, at 10/05/2008 2:22 AM  

Is there any dog that likes getting a bath?! I'm not sure I understand since they all like to frolic in streams, oceans, pools, etc. Nice take on the this week's theme...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2008 7:32 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2008 6:23 PM  

Hi again Melli....
Happy Sunday to you. The other day you mentioned in my comments that you like the 'homemade' Halloween crafts the best...well, I'm assuming you like ALL seasons/holidays crafts. Anyway, I wanted to show you my old depressed [kinda sorta] Tavern sign I made for Halloween. If you'd like...it's on my Monday's blog that I posted early since we're not going to be home tomorrow at all.

Hope your weekend treated you well.

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 10/05/2008 6:24 PM  

Jewl is adorable!

By Blogger Janet, at 10/06/2008 8:28 AM  

That does look like a sad little puppy!

Thanks for visiting my phothunt.

By Blogger tommie, at 10/06/2008 9:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home