Sunday Seven! (haven't done one in tooooo long!)
Seven things this week that I give THANKS & Praise to God for!1. With the state of today's economy, I thank God that I really have not personally felt a problem yet. I know many who are -- and we may too - soon -- but so far I am very blessed to be doing well! Thus far Dennis is still working at least 5 days a week - and that is MUCH to be thankful for!
2. Despite Knee, the kitchen is coming along. I HONESTLY believe that it will be finished by the end of this week! (that's next Saturday! whooo hooo!)
3. Gas has dropped in price to $2.59/gal. PRAISE God! And keep it coming! (cuz milk was almost $6 a gallon!) Glad my car doesn't drink it!!! Dennis thinks that gas will drop back as low as $2.00/gal again.... I sure hope he's right!
4. Okay! I concede! I AM thankful for the new cooler weather! It DOES feel good to walk outside and not sweat -- and it does smell ~crisp~ in the air! (But it's still SUNNY and warm in my kitchen!)
5. I'm thankful that we are less than 2 weeks to our nation's election and that soon the madness will STOP! The winners will rejoice; the losers will seek to lay blame; and then life will get back to normal! I can't wait!
6. I made some absolutely STELLAR chili last night -- two pots! One for the church chili cook-off today -- and one for US! Dinner was sooooooo yummy! I didn't use a recipe - just threw stuff in -- this time I used real "beef" -- I usually use ground turkey - but for the chili cook-off -- you know... I also added some sliced up beer brats! That was a huge good thing to do! I put in some chopped red bell pepper -- that was a good thing too! Lots of chopped onion. Kidney beans AND black beans... oh! and grape tomatoes! I put in a b'zillion whole grape tomatoes ... and made it all just a little bit spicier than normal... I usually use mild seasonings - but this time I used some hot seasoning as well. And I thank God for all those good ideas! I think my chili may do well today!
7. I am EVER so thankful - that even though I didn't ASK for it, God knew how badly I wanted a NEW refrigerator... and He let the OLD one DIE yesteray!!! Dennis would NOT see this as a God thing -- but Oh, I DO!!! I really DO!!! (Dennis does not see ANYthing as a God thing because he doesn't believe in God) I probably should not have TOLD him it was a God thing... now he blames God for killing the refrigerator! (How can you blame someone you don't believe in???) But, at the beach I had told Amanda that I had put off decorating the kitchen for sooooooo many years because I wanted *new* appliances to go with all the hard work! So I said "I've finally decided to just DO it, and maybe once the kitchen is painted, the appliances will come!" (if you build it, they will come...) Well... what can I say? I told Dennis that I understand the timing stinks and the economy is bad - but that the fridge was 22 years old and I would NOT be stopped from being HAPPY to get a new one!!! LOL! AND I will PRAISE my GOD for letting me have it!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD for something as UNimportant as a *new* refrigerator!!! (don't even TRY to tell me it's not a God thing... it sO is!)
2. Despite Knee, the kitchen is coming along. I HONESTLY believe that it will be finished by the end of this week! (that's next Saturday! whooo hooo!)
3. Gas has dropped in price to $2.59/gal. PRAISE God! And keep it coming! (cuz milk was almost $6 a gallon!) Glad my car doesn't drink it!!! Dennis thinks that gas will drop back as low as $2.00/gal again.... I sure hope he's right!
4. Okay! I concede! I AM thankful for the new cooler weather! It DOES feel good to walk outside and not sweat -- and it does smell ~crisp~ in the air! (But it's still SUNNY and warm in my kitchen!)
5. I'm thankful that we are less than 2 weeks to our nation's election and that soon the madness will STOP! The winners will rejoice; the losers will seek to lay blame; and then life will get back to normal! I can't wait!
6. I made some absolutely STELLAR chili last night -- two pots! One for the church chili cook-off today -- and one for US! Dinner was sooooooo yummy! I didn't use a recipe - just threw stuff in -- this time I used real "beef" -- I usually use ground turkey - but for the chili cook-off -- you know... I also added some sliced up beer brats! That was a huge good thing to do! I put in some chopped red bell pepper -- that was a good thing too! Lots of chopped onion. Kidney beans AND black beans... oh! and grape tomatoes! I put in a b'zillion whole grape tomatoes ... and made it all just a little bit spicier than normal... I usually use mild seasonings - but this time I used some hot seasoning as well. And I thank God for all those good ideas! I think my chili may do well today!
7. I am EVER so thankful - that even though I didn't ASK for it, God knew how badly I wanted a NEW refrigerator... and He let the OLD one DIE yesteray!!! Dennis would NOT see this as a God thing -- but Oh, I DO!!! I really DO!!! (Dennis does not see ANYthing as a God thing because he doesn't believe in God) I probably should not have TOLD him it was a God thing... now he blames God for killing the refrigerator! (How can you blame someone you don't believe in???) But, at the beach I had told Amanda that I had put off decorating the kitchen for sooooooo many years because I wanted *new* appliances to go with all the hard work! So I said "I've finally decided to just DO it, and maybe once the kitchen is painted, the appliances will come!" (if you build it, they will come...) Well... what can I say? I told Dennis that I understand the timing stinks and the economy is bad - but that the fridge was 22 years old and I would NOT be stopped from being HAPPY to get a new one!!! LOL! AND I will PRAISE my GOD for letting me have it!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD for something as UNimportant as a *new* refrigerator!!! (don't even TRY to tell me it's not a God thing... it sO is!)







9 comment(s):
Unfortunately a 20 year old fridge doesn't belong to antiques ! otherwise Dennis could sell it on an antique market, lol ! My fridges never last more than max 13 years !
Today you can see my flower decorations for the expo on my blog. I will go there again the whole day. Yesterday we had a lot of visitors !!
By
Ingrid, at
10/26/2008 5:02 AM
I am right there with you on the knee pain thing. In fact I'm going to see an orthopedist when we get back from our trip in November. The pain is so bad I can't sleep. The pain had me up last night literally crying.
By
Anonymous, at
10/26/2008 7:32 AM
Blessings indeed! I want a new fridge too......but it will have to wait a while!!
By
Jane, at
10/26/2008 12:09 PM
Melli, you are a riot. I love reading your posts, they almost always leave me with a smile on my face.
By
Anonymous, at
10/26/2008 3:37 PM
I second Quilly, I sat here giggling! I can so understand what you mean, I want a new fridge too, I sooooooooo want a new fridge!
Does this mean God would want me to paint my kitchen too?
By
Jientje, at
10/26/2008 4:43 PM
Good evening Melli, You have had your fridge 22 years... it was time for it to die out and get a new one...your kitchen will be wonderful after all is done , let us see the results later. As for your knee, I worry that you have hurt it and may need a doctor to check it out!!!
I am so glad that the price of gas has dropped down.I paid 2.49/ gal. the other day and it is lower today.
I hope you win first place with your chili.... it sounds great and I wish I was there to taste some of it..
Take care, hugs.. Baba
By
Baba, at
10/26/2008 8:55 PM
Kitchen remodels get new appliances even if the old fridge goes to the garage to hold sodas, or cokes as we call it in Texas.
How did the chili cookoff come out?
Hope you did well.
Hope your knee gets better when you are able to not put so much strain on it.
By
Amber Star, at
10/27/2008 12:08 AM
I'll be so thankful when the election is over, too.
Congrats on the new frig!!
We're fortunate, too, the we haven't really felt any repercussions with the economy except when gas prices were up so high. You never know when that can change, so I am counting my blessings.
By
Anonymous, at
10/27/2008 10:46 AM
Hooray for your 7!! I love the fridge story...glad you got a new one. And hooray for getting the kitchen done this week.
Continuing my prayers for knee healing.
:-) Susan
By
Susan, at
10/27/2008 9:00 PM
Post a comment
<< Home