.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ruby Tuesday... and Monday Stuff!

Ruby Tuesdayis hosted by Mary, The Teach

*snif* Mmmmmm....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was a great day! I tried all day long to get my Bible study done for my class tonight... first Krysti wanted my attention... Then Derek wanted my attention... And then MATHEW came by! Well, of course I stopped and gave him my attention too! I don't get to see that boy nearly often enough anymore! He got a new job - back in furniture sales - very HIGH END furniture! Oh my! I can't afford to even LOOK in his store! LOL! But he is verrrrry happy. He really does LOVE furniture sales -- and he's GOOD at it! So I'm thrilled! We were both so sad when his other store closed down.... but now life is picking up! He's on his way back UP the mountain! *smile*

By the time he left, I needed to go out and pick up treats for Cordelle's birthday - we were celebrating at study tonight and I was in charge of food! (which is better for me than being in charge of writing the prayer!) But sometimes I wonder about that! Anyway, when I got home, Dennis and I were both pulling into the driveway at the same time. We exchanged our days and then he took Mom and let me get my study done! So I had time with 3 of my kids today and finally got my study done despite them! And then -- our study was INTENSE tonight! Oh man! It was soooooooo good! We're in the Ruth part of Ruth & Esther -- and it is such a wee little book - only 4 chapters ... but there is so much to learn there! I have to laugh because none of the men voted to study these WOMEN of The Bible -- but because there are more women in our study we out-voted them! But they are enjoying it! We are having some LIVELY conversation and it is very good! Guys! Don't disregard the women in The Bible!

Labels:

19 comment(s):

Love that pretty rose, Melli!! Glad you had a great Monday, here is to a great Tuesday as well :)

By Blogger MaR, at 2/24/2009 2:44 AM  

I can almost smell that rose!!!

Women should never be disregarded, not in a Bible study nor anywhere else!!

By Blogger Jientje, at 2/24/2009 2:44 AM  

Bible Study! I need more hours in my days!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2009 3:36 AM  

What a wonderful rose ! (result of your green thumb ?? hehehe)

By Blogger Ingrid, at 2/24/2009 4:52 AM  

A very full and wonderful day.

By Blogger Nessa, at 2/24/2009 6:49 AM  

What a GORGEOUS rose!!!
Did you get your study finished?

By Blogger Jane, at 2/24/2009 8:18 AM  

"A rose by any other name..." :)
Great RT!
Sounds like you had a very full and satisfying day.

My RT post is at Carletta’s Captures.

By Blogger Carletta, at 2/24/2009 10:35 AM  

That rose looks like velvet.

So glad you had a great day! It's often hard to spend time with people plus get stuff done. Glad you were able to do both today!

Ruth is one of my favorite books to read.

I know you don't do "awards" per se, but I mentioned you for one today. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2009 10:41 AM  

Beautiful picture of the rose. I want to reach out and touch it.

By Blogger Ivon, at 2/24/2009 11:37 AM  

Hi Melli, I am glad you had a great visit with your grown adult children..you will love my post for today..come see Emma's tea party she had for her birthday..it was great..I thought of you and wish you could have been there with your hat and gloves on to share in the fun!!
Love ya.. hugs... Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 2/24/2009 4:39 PM  

Gorgeous rose! I hope you were able to get your studying done!

By Blogger Laura, at 2/24/2009 6:28 PM  

My!My. You thought I forgot you. I always save the best for last. The Wrap UP is done before I finish what I say in the wrap UP. I knoew I'm weird. But you weren't ignored. Keeping you until last allows me tpo savor every word without having to feel rushed.
Gtreat Rose picture.
Glad you had some time with all the kids.
Your Bible study sounds great. We have in the past neglected the women in the Bible but times are changing.
Another great post. Now I can go have my breathing treatment refreshed.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 2/24/2009 8:08 PM  

That rose is so lovely - I feel like I can smell it through my screen. ;D

I hope you enjoyed Bible Study and that Cordelle had a wonderful birthday.

By Blogger Askew To You, at 2/24/2009 8:20 PM  

Lively discussion is the BEST way to have a great bible study!! I think that is what i like the most about the two that i am in..You get so many opinions then too..plus that makes you learn too.
Glad that you got to see your kids..That is always a mother's delight for sure..Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 2/24/2009 9:43 PM  

Lovely rose and I can almost smell it. Does it have a rose aroma? So many of the tea roses have the smell bred out in favor of somethiing else...like a straight stem or something.

Glad you are studying Ruth and Esther for some reason that came through my fingers. I was thinking of a post on Windy Skies by Anil P about a woman who makes a devotional every day at some Indian saint's tiny shrine. I guess I was wishing you had read it. She is so humble and reverent I thought of you...so different, but so alike. Someone posted a tacky response and bless his chivalrous heart, he put the blackguard in his place in a gentlemanly way.

Glad you got time with your kids. Maybe that was part of your lesson today.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 2/25/2009 12:01 AM  

Lovely rose.

By Blogger bettygram, at 2/25/2009 12:42 AM  

Very lovely! Don't you love it when the Bible really speaks to you?

By Blogger Mary, at 2/25/2009 8:56 AM  

Hi Melli, Great Ruby Tuesday photo! I'm glad you didn't let the men talk you out of study the women of the Bible! :)

By Blogger maryt/theteach, at 2/25/2009 9:51 AM  

the rose is lovely

I think men should always be out voted - but then again that's just me ;)

By Blogger Dianne, at 2/25/2009 3:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home