Sepia Scenes ... and Stuff!
Sepia Scenes
Sepia Scenes are hosted by Mary.
This little guy hasn't made an appearance for awhile...
seemed like he was due! Out of the original 7, only
two are still with us...
You know... I copied, pasted, sepia'd and erased!
This way he gets the attention he deserves!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This little guy hasn't made an appearance for awhile...seemed like he was due! Out of the original 7, only
two are still with us...
You know... I copied, pasted, sepia'd and erased!
This way he gets the attention he deserves!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did it, I did it, I DID it!!! I finished painting those way high walls! I'm not done with the entire hallway yet -- but I got the HARD part done! Whoooooooo hooooooo! I am sO excited I can't stand it! It isn't the BEST paint job I've ever done -- but as Dennis said - it looks about a 1000 times better than it DID! And that's a fact! This house is shapin' up!
Today was the first day of Lent. Service tonight was exceptional! It was a bit more somber than most of our services, reminding us that we are in a state of penitence. Pastor's sermon was everything it should be... he spoke of our sin, and he spoke of our sorrow... he spoke of using this season to draw closer to Jesus. Of making mOre time for prayer, more personal time alone with God... to talk to Him... and to listen to Him.
You know... Listening is my favorite part of prayer. And it's sO important! Yes, it's important to praise God, and to confess your sins, and to ask for forgiveness... and it's important to pray for others too. But if you're always speaking and never listening, you MISS so much! Most of the answers that I get to my personal questions of God, come NOT from other people that he has used, but directly from Him. He puts thoughts in my head that I could have never come up with by myself! But I have to take the time to LISTEN. I don't always get the chance to stop and listen when I'm done "asking"... but I make a point of listening at LEAST once each day. Sometimes at the end of the day, if I've done a lot of "asking" during the day... when I lay down to go to sleep at night I just say "Okay God... I'm here. Tell me what you want me to know." It's amazing how often He does! He does speak to me through many other sources too --- He uses many of you! But sometimes He just wants one on one time and for you to stop and listen. Just do it. I bet that Jesus spent as much of that 40 days in the wilderness listening to His Father as He did speaking to Him.
Today was the first day of Lent. Service tonight was exceptional! It was a bit more somber than most of our services, reminding us that we are in a state of penitence. Pastor's sermon was everything it should be... he spoke of our sin, and he spoke of our sorrow... he spoke of using this season to draw closer to Jesus. Of making mOre time for prayer, more personal time alone with God... to talk to Him... and to listen to Him.
You know... Listening is my favorite part of prayer. And it's sO important! Yes, it's important to praise God, and to confess your sins, and to ask for forgiveness... and it's important to pray for others too. But if you're always speaking and never listening, you MISS so much! Most of the answers that I get to my personal questions of God, come NOT from other people that he has used, but directly from Him. He puts thoughts in my head that I could have never come up with by myself! But I have to take the time to LISTEN. I don't always get the chance to stop and listen when I'm done "asking"... but I make a point of listening at LEAST once each day. Sometimes at the end of the day, if I've done a lot of "asking" during the day... when I lay down to go to sleep at night I just say "Okay God... I'm here. Tell me what you want me to know." It's amazing how often He does! He does speak to me through many other sources too --- He uses many of you! But sometimes He just wants one on one time and for you to stop and listen. Just do it. I bet that Jesus spent as much of that 40 days in the wilderness listening to His Father as He did speaking to Him.
Labels: Sepia Scenes







15 comment(s):
God usually speaks to me in the middle of the night. I once complained to my friend, "Why is it God always wakes me at 3:00 a.m. to talk to me? And she replied, "Because that's probably the only time you shut up long enough to listen!"
I've since learned to shut up. Now, as a rule, I get to sleep all night.
By
Anonymous, at
2/26/2009 3:19 AM
First of all, I love the crab pic. It's perfect for your area of the world, too! I know I know you don't have "hermit crabs" as much as regular eatin' crabs, but still.
Gosh, I think you discovered my brain drain on my blog! DS 2 played seven games of Ultimate Frisbee last Saturday, not soccer. I couldn't go cause I was taking DS 4 to his soccer games.
I'm going to get my "chewin on the sermon" blog up today sometime.
I love the whole Lenten season. We are in a more non-denom church right now, so we don't quite do it the way more mainlines do---and I miss it.
And, yes, we need to LISTEN more, don't we???
Hugs,
Susan
By
Susan, at
2/26/2009 8:35 AM
Yes ma'am, listening is very important & thank you for reminding me! I haven't done that in a while! I think He just used you to remind me to do so - He may be trying to get a message through to me!!!
Thank you for visiting my blog & now I realize it in more ways than one - meaning not just for my pics, but for His message!!! I'll try to post the original shot after Sky Watch Friday!
Thanks again for your comment
By
Anonymous, at
2/26/2009 12:18 PM
That's a cool picture. Looks like "The Claw."
By
Nessa, at
2/26/2009 12:34 PM
The perfect original little Sepia creature!
When do we get to see pics of the house? Huh, huh...
By
Carletta, at
2/26/2009 1:23 PM
I love your sepia Melli, very well done!
By
Jientje, at
2/26/2009 2:47 PM
Great Pictures.... I really like the hermit crabs.
By
Family Man, at
2/26/2009 3:00 PM
Yay for finishing the hard painting! woot!
You mean to tell me you bought a copy of the book, even though you've read it? Well aren't you sweet. I don't know how I'd autograph it. I tell you what, email me at cs94wahoo at gmail dot com, and I'll make and mail you a bookplace that you can put inside the cover. How's that?
By
Carmen, at
2/26/2009 5:22 PM
I'm glad that is done and you don't break any bones. I worried about you. I'm glad you take the time to listen to God. For some people that is very hard to do.
By
Dr.John, at
2/26/2009 7:35 PM
the crab pic is very cool ;)
By
Dianne, at
2/26/2009 9:32 PM
Your right about the listening.
By
bettygram, at
2/26/2009 11:43 PM
I just read on Mar's blog that if you invert the letters s and p in blogspot (blogpsot) you get a VERY religious site ! I tried it with yours and it worked too !
By
Ingrid, at
2/27/2009 12:46 AM
Wow a crab how marvelous is that? I am glad you erased and did all the things you did...it made for a fun picture.
Congrats on getting done with your painting.
I did this entire house once by myself and I said never again.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!:-))))
By
Jackie, at
2/27/2009 2:15 PM
Congratulations on finishing painting the high walls!
You're right, just being quiet and waiting on the Lord is almost a lost practice.
By
Anonymous, at
2/27/2009 8:04 PM
Melli, great job on your sepia photo! That's a lobster, right? :)
By
maryt/theteach, at
2/28/2009 2:39 PM
Post a comment
<< Home