.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Friday, March 05, 2010

Friday Fave Five


Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday Fave Five in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Thank you Susanne for hosting this inspirational sharing game!

By the way... is anyone else starting to get excited about using the SPRING header for this meme again sOOn? I am! I guess I should get working on a new skin for my blog too, huh? C'mon Spriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! Oh yea... here's my five!

1. Blueberries in Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal... Oh My Goodness! I never would have thought of it if it wasn't for I ALWAYS read those Real Age tips they email you. I actually first tried this for LUNCH on Monday because it was too late for breakfast when I read the tip.... I love blueberries - but I've always mixed them with cottage cheese or yogurt. But now they say to get the most from their antioxidants we should NOT eat them with milk... so they suggested water based oatmeal. I always make my oatmeal with water, so I did it. WARM blueberries are sO much yummier than cold blueberries! Who'da guessed? I think God made these two foods to GO TOGETHER! If you're dumb like me and never tried it... DO!

2. Connie's BACK!!! Her little red hearts are filling up my heart! I have missed her! She is such a godly woman and writes some of the BEST inspirationals... I just LOVE her! Why don't you just run over and welcome her back to blogging!

3. Sunday night I had dinner out with my eldest son, Mathew -- on him! (first time!) We had a great time and I am very thankful to have such a great relationship with my kids that my son would even want to be SEEN with me in public - much less buy me dinner! What a sweet Boy he is! (Boy is capitalized because "Boy" is my love name for him!)

4. MONDAY I managed to pedal 45 of my 60 minutes on level 3!!! Some of you may be falling off your chairs laughing... but the jump from level 2 to level 3 on MY bike is tremendous! It is MORE than just a little bit harder than level 2! A few years ago when I was exercising and losing weight I never DID get off level 2! So even if it NEVER happens AGAIN, I was sO thrilled to do that much of my pedal time on that level! It was cause for CELEBRATION! And PRAISE!
(not to me... to the LORD!)

5. This book! Oh my goodness! This book is the Bible study I'm NOT taking in Sunday school right now. I ordered the book and the workbook to do on my own. But I might switch over to this one on Sunday mornings! This book is sooooooooo good. It brings sO much to mind that I had never thought of before ... about what Jesus was going through at the time that he was drawing His disciples to Him and then selecting the 12 Apostles. Of course, no one knows what was going through Jesus mind, but this book uses scripture to give us a really GOOD idea of what He was thinking... and why! And I'm only through the first chapter! I need to find out if the class is actually reading the book, or if the instructor is just teaching it. If they are reading, I want IN on those discussions! I can not WAIT to start learning about the Apostle's themselves! I have a feeling this book is going to make me feel like I knew them personally!

Labels:

14 comment(s):

Each time I open your blog I get depressed when I look at your template ! It's cold and there is a Christmas tree ! So I quickly only concentrate on your post then at least I have something to laugh ! Put some spring flower in now !! lol !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 3/05/2010 3:09 AM  

Dinner with your son is wonderful to read. The blueberries in maple brown sugar oatmeal makes my mouth water :) And sssshhhh... I can't ride a bike. No sense of balance at all. Color me jealous :) Happy Friday, Melli!

By Anonymous Hazel, at 3/05/2010 5:56 AM  

I am also ready for spring, Melli! Our snow is almost gone,and today we have bright sunshine! And we also got our Bear warning. They're awake and looking for food, so pull in your bird feeders! They love bird seed!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 3/05/2010 7:29 AM  

I am so ready for spring. Bit it doesn't seem like it's soon -- it seems like it has been a loong winter to me, though when I read of yours or the Little House on the Prairie book, The Long Winter, I realize I have nothing to complain about. Not that I should be complaining anyway!

I'm weird but I am not a big fan of fruit in my oatmeal -- but that might be worth a try!

Congrats on the pedaling! And how fun to go out to eat with your son. On him!

I have heard great things about that book and the companion one about women. I haven't read them yet...someday...

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 3/05/2010 8:51 AM  

sounds like an energetic week! Dinner out?? How divine and to be treated! have a great weekend

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/05/2010 11:25 AM  

Way to go with riding to Level 3, that sounds like a GREAT accomplishment! And yes I believe you can do it again! :)
I also get that Real Age newsletter, love the tip about blueberries. We LOVE fresh blueberries at our house, I buy 20lbs each summer and freeze them. I must try them in oatmeal.

And dinner sounds so nice, isn't it a neat moment when they can treat for dinner.
Enjoy your weekend Melli and your book. :)

By Anonymous Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate, at 3/05/2010 11:33 AM  

=D Your enthusiasm in this post just makes me smile. And I really can't think of anything else to say! I'm just grinning.

Hope you have a great weekend!

By Blogger Carrie, at 3/05/2010 11:34 AM  

Congrats on making level 3 on your bike. I'm impressed.

Blueberries with oatmeal ... nope, I hadn't thought of that combo either. I will give it a try.

Melli, I so love your enthusiasm. You are the only one I know that uses exclamation marks as often as I do!

By Blogger Jerralea, at 3/05/2010 11:55 AM  

Blueberries with oatmeal is my weekend treat! (Most mornings I use prunes instead, which I also love and it is faster to prepare)
I hope my oldest son takes his mother out to dinner someday! It sounds like a wonderful blessing. ♥

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/05/2010 12:21 PM  

Hello Melli! I too am thrilled that my adult children enjoy hanging around me. How wonderful that your son picked up the tab :0)
Good for you on your exercising level. I'd be singing praises, too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

By Blogger ellen b., at 3/05/2010 12:52 PM  

Look at you go with your exercise. You are amazing and wonderful.

Flash 55 - Earthquake

One Single Impression - Running

By Blogger Nessa, at 3/05/2010 12:54 PM  

I love that your blog template changes with the seasons. That is so not me! And how cool that Matthew is grown up enough that "mom" isn't embarrassing anymore. You raised some pretty cool kids.

Now, I have to get busy sorting out my kitchen!

By Anonymous quilly, at 3/05/2010 2:11 PM  

I could not bring myself to put up the snowflake button one more time! LOL. It's spring all the way now!

Way to go girl, on level 3. That is awesome.

How fun to have dinner with your son and have him pay for it too! Bonus!

By Blogger Susanne, at 3/05/2010 3:52 PM  

Melli, I'm just proud of you for getting on your bike! I'd never laugh. Good for you! Did you see the photo of the fresh blueberries on my FFF? We picked them Sunday. The real pickers came this week and now those blueberries are in grocery stores around the country! I eat blueberries on my oatmeal or cold cereal EVERY MORNING! Now I'll think of you while I eat :)

By Blogger Willow, at 3/06/2010 1:40 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home