Fun Monday - Shoes!

I can DO shoes! Oh My Darlin' Thom is hosting Fun Monday this week, and he wants to know about our shoes. Well... LIKE Thom, I absolutely HATE wearing shoes! BUT... I love HAVING shoes! Of course... I do only buy the ones I'll wear... so I don't have ANY of the ones I'd REALLY like to have!

Like THESE!!!
Do not think for ONE minute that if I had skinny little legs, with sexy little ankles that I would NOT have these shoes, because I would have every one of them, plus many more!!! I LOOOOOVE shoes! (I did used to have some really CUTE shoes when I was young and stylish!) My feet, unfortunately, HATE shoes. And there is NO reasoning with them! I say "oh LOOK Feet! These are sooooooooo cute!"... and Feet say "OWWWW! They hurrrrrrrrt!" in that Oh-So whiny way they have! I say "LOOK Feet! They are beautiful turquoise and royal... and they match my Easter dress PERFECT!" And Feet say... "If you DARE squish me into those and contort my arches into completely inhuman form, I will not ONLY swell and spill out through the toes and over the edges, but I will CRAMP and make you RUE the day you bought them!" *sigh*... you can't argue with feet like that! And so...
I have these.
Feet LOVES these!
Me? Not so much...
And I have these.
By the way... for the record... I threw away 8 pairs of
flip-flops a few weeks ago. I'm still in the process of
replacing them. Both of these brown pairs need to GO
as well... but for now, they stay until I find suitable
replacements.
Of course, in the winter if I want to wear a dress, I can't wear
flip-flops with it... and so
I have black or brown all purpose shoes.
1. 2. 3... "HOW EXCITING!"
*rolls eyes*
(blame Feet!)
Fortunately, I am occasionally allowed to buy something that
jussssssst happens to suite Feet and ME!
These work kinda nicely!
At least they match a few outfits!
And THESE babies are ALL about comfort while walking!
I mean like exercise walking!
They are TOTALLY WEIRD for regular walking or just
boppin' around in... you definitely wouldn't want to go hiking
in them! But for walking... around a track or out on the road...
they are awesome! I love them!
(of course, I have fallen arches - and because of the rocker
thing on the bottom, they really push my arch up - it just
feels goooooood!) Feet likes them!
So... now you know more than you ever wanted to know
about Me, Feet and my shoes!
What are YOU wearin' these days... link up with
Thom and let us know!
I have these.Feet LOVES these!
Me? Not so much...
And I have these.By the way... for the record... I threw away 8 pairs of
flip-flops a few weeks ago. I'm still in the process of
replacing them. Both of these brown pairs need to GO
as well... but for now, they stay until I find suitable
replacements.
Of course, in the winter if I want to wear a dress, I can't wear
flip-flops with it... and so
I have black or brown all purpose shoes.1. 2. 3... "HOW EXCITING!"
*rolls eyes*
(blame Feet!)
Fortunately, I am occasionally allowed to buy something that
jussssssst happens to suite Feet and ME!
At least they match a few outfits!
And THESE babies are ALL about comfort while walking!I mean like exercise walking!
They are TOTALLY WEIRD for regular walking or just
boppin' around in... you definitely wouldn't want to go hiking
in them! But for walking... around a track or out on the road...
they are awesome! I love them!
(of course, I have fallen arches - and because of the rocker
thing on the bottom, they really push my arch up - it just
feels goooooood!) Feet likes them!
So... now you know more than you ever wanted to know
about Me, Feet and my shoes!
What are YOU wearin' these days... link up with
Thom and let us know!







15 comment(s):
OMG my darlin' this is just too funny what your feet say. I just bust out laughing. Your flip flops (slippers) are the bomb! That's the only shoe that I really enjoy myself. :) I can't believe you have so many and threw so many away. I really like the design on the second to the last one. Comfort is first. Just ask the feet. Mahalo for playing :)
By
Anonymous, at
5/17/2010 1:35 AM
Loved this post My feet love flip flops too, but at least they allow me to wear heels! Not the ones pictured above, mind you, they're outrageous!
By
Jientje, at
5/17/2010 6:35 AM
Oh how I wish I could wear nice shoes! I have terribly bad feet!!! I have broken both of them, so there isn't a nice pair of shoes that actually are comfortable.
I wear very sensible shoes.
Oh well.
By
Maribeth, at
5/17/2010 9:02 AM
I couldn't wear those top ones even if I had skinny legs. I would break my ankles trying to keep upright on them. I have to wear flats because of balance issues since TM, but I couldn't walk in heels like that even before. But I've found cute flats! Most of my shoes look like your third picture. Love the detail on the ones in the fourth photo!
I never wear shoes if I don't have to. The first thing I do when I come home is kick off my shoes.
By
Anonymous, at
5/17/2010 11:10 AM
Not bad, lol ! So you love shoes ! I tell you I don't, I have such a lot because I forgot to throw them away some of them must be more than 20 years old ! I never liked these fancy shoes although my legs would have fit in them, hehehe !
By
Ingrid, at
5/17/2010 11:24 AM
I love your walking shoes. The Airwalk are awesome!!
By
Debs, at
5/17/2010 1:58 PM
I too have to stick to comfortable shoes.
By
bettygram, at
5/17/2010 3:59 PM
I share your passion for shoes, Melli. As much as high heels can be a discomfort, I still wear them becuase I am on the short side. I have my fair share of flips flops too - a pair to match every outfit! I have always wanted to try the Shape Ups!
By
Living Life, at
5/17/2010 6:26 PM
Ooh I like your Airwalks...they are so pretty! :)
By
Becca, at
5/17/2010 8:02 PM
I agree Melli I wear the same ones you do lol
Airwalks are good.
Whenever I go out somewhere nice and I have to dress up, I say to myself, self, you need to walk so put on your running shoes lol
and I do.
At my age, who needs to suffer and some of these airwalks are like 200 dollars so they are a fashion statement within themselves. lol
By
A Lady's Life, at
5/17/2010 8:06 PM
I think your feet and my feet might be secretly related. Mine talk to me all the time - whining and complaining. Harrumph.
By
Sayre, at
5/17/2010 9:30 PM
I'm beginning to think about Crocs.
I have whiney feet.
By
Karen (formerly kcinnova), at
5/18/2010 8:20 AM
I love shoes, I love to watch those high heels too :) and I have a pair of "cheese" crocs (the yellow ones!)I normally wear flat (walking) shoes, and flip-flops only at home, as I fear getting my feet hurt when I am out in the world...go figure...
By
MaR, at
5/18/2010 8:54 AM
My feet SO AGREE with your feet!! I just CANNOT wear heels ever again. They hurt so bad and then afterwards I get that pain that lives with me forever so why do that to myself and to my feet? I see women come into Curves having been on heels all day..They are groaning...guess I am not that vain...
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
5/18/2010 9:22 AM
Wow, that was more information than I wanted to know....made me laugh though. Floozie has a pair of shoes that she wear all of the time and if they had been my size I would have stolen them. She should do a blog on her multipurpose shoes.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
5/18/2010 3:01 PM
Post a comment
<< Home