*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*
We interrupt this current DRAMA for...
*New* and *Improved* DRAMA!
(this is the BIG news!)
*New* and *Improved* DRAMA!
(this is the BIG news!)
Do you remember THIS POST from a while back? I told you I had some family stuff going on that I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to tell you about? Well... NOW, as God would have it, I AM able to tell you about it! And just so there will be NO question about it... look VERY closely, and listen VERY carefully to what I am about to tell you...
Are you looking closely?
Are you listening carefully?
Are you thoroughly ready?
Alrighty then!
1...
2...
3...
I'M GOING TO BE A NANA AGAIN!!!!
Are you thoroughly ready?
Alrighty then!
1...
2...
3...
I'M GOING TO BE A NANA AGAIN!!!!
But of course, it's complicated! Because this is MY family! (and Barbara... I JUST finished reading Take Three... and you can imagine I had major tears!) Sooooo... let me explain! Amanda and Hector and Luz are getting a new BABY -- in December. This is a little patchwork family they are creating. Amanda is not pregnant. But Derek is NOT ready to be a father. His X is not ready to be a mother... and so prayers were said and prayers have been answered. I'm not going into all the possibilities that MIGHT have taken place... but feelings had to be worked around, people needed time to "come to terms" with reality, and decisions had to be made. It is the feelings of all members of MY family, and all members of Jen's family that giving the baby to Amanda & Hector is the best thing for ALL parties concerned.
Honestly... I DESPERATELY wanted to scream this from the rooftops when I first found out - because I AM the GRANDMA, no matter what! But there was a possibility it may have been adopted out to a family far away... and then there would have been no sense posting because it just would have been sad. But God is good... all the time... and all of the people who had decisions to make and terms to come to ALL came to the right decisions and the right terms to make THIS newest little member of my family a most WELCOME bundle of JOY!!! It is due December 28th, and you will here more as we find things out!
I just want to say something. I do not promote pre-marital sex. But speaking as someone who WAS an unwed mother at the age of 18, and now as the mother of child involved in this situation, AND as a Christian woman... There is NO time (and this is MY opinion, and I know there are those who will disagree with me) ... but there is NO time when the news of pregnancy should be taken as anything OTHER than a JOYOUS thing! God does NOT make babies by accident and each one has an intended purpose. Hearing your young unmarried child's news that there is an unplanned baby on the way may not fit in to YOUR plans for your child... but I guarantee it fits into God's plan!
Honestly... I DESPERATELY wanted to scream this from the rooftops when I first found out - because I AM the GRANDMA, no matter what! But there was a possibility it may have been adopted out to a family far away... and then there would have been no sense posting because it just would have been sad. But God is good... all the time... and all of the people who had decisions to make and terms to come to ALL came to the right decisions and the right terms to make THIS newest little member of my family a most WELCOME bundle of JOY!!! It is due December 28th, and you will here more as we find things out!
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!
I'm a Nana AGAIN!!!
Just call me Nana II!
An afterthought...I'm a Nana AGAIN!!!
Just call me Nana II!
I just want to say something. I do not promote pre-marital sex. But speaking as someone who WAS an unwed mother at the age of 18, and now as the mother of child involved in this situation, AND as a Christian woman... There is NO time (and this is MY opinion, and I know there are those who will disagree with me) ... but there is NO time when the news of pregnancy should be taken as anything OTHER than a JOYOUS thing! God does NOT make babies by accident and each one has an intended purpose. Hearing your young unmarried child's news that there is an unplanned baby on the way may not fit in to YOUR plans for your child... but I guarantee it fits into God's plan!







17 comment(s):
congratulations, Nana!
By
NanU, at
7/19/2010 6:47 AM
Congratulations !! that's the best solution for everybody and especially for the little baby !
You will become Nana on the 28 Dec, I'll become NONNA on Nov 28 ! Isn't that wonderful !
Nonna is grandma in Italian.
By
Ingrid, at
7/19/2010 8:25 AM
Congratulations! It does truly sound like a happy-ever-after.
By
Susan at Stony River, at
7/19/2010 8:26 AM
OH HAPPY DAY!!!! How incredible! I think the right decision was made for all concerned.
I agree with what you said about all babies. God DOES have a purpose for this precious child and I know you are already praying God will reveal His purpose to this child.
By
Jane, at
7/19/2010 8:57 AM
God is good! I am so happy for you all!
Blessings to this new life!
To the new parents and to you, Nana!!!!
By
Maribeth, at
7/19/2010 9:55 AM
A terrific solution for all involved. Congrats Nana!!
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
7/19/2010 9:58 AM
Congratulations, dear Nana!!!
By
MaR, at
7/19/2010 10:01 AM
Oh Praise the Lord, doing a happy dance for all of you! Luz will make a great "big sister!". So happy for all of you.
Gotcha all prayed up....which took a long time with all that you've had going on.
Been praying for wisdom for you with "Mom". So glad Kristi was home when you found her on the floor.
Girlfriend, you are definitely keeping me on my knees.
Love you more than cold watermelon on a hot day! (and believe me, that's a lot of love!)
By
Lazy Daisy, at
7/19/2010 10:09 AM
I am truly so happy for all of you...:)
By
PJ, at
7/19/2010 10:33 AM
What a neat way for things to work out. There may be some "awkward" or painful moments in the future -- thinking especially of Derek, watching this child grow, knowing it is his but not his. But God's grace will be sufficient for even that, if he (Derek) will let it.
I agree with you that though premarital sex is sin in God's eyes, it can very much be forgiven, and the baby should not be shadowed with shame, and its life is to be welcomed and celebrated.
I've had two sisters with unwed pregnancies. One placed the baby for adoption, the other kept her baby even though she was only 15. Neither is an easy decision, but both are a billion times better than abortion. For some reason, for the past couple of weeks I've been thinking of sharing what I can of my one sister's adoption story on my blog -- the Lord worked it out that the baby went to someone we knew. We had people ask us if that was really wise, but it was such a relief to know where the baby was and who she was with rather than spending the next 20 years or so wondering where she was and how she was doing. There were a few of those awkward, painful moments, but even still, overall it was a much more preferable situation than dealing with the unknown.
Congratulations on being a Nana again! I imagine Luz, Hector, and Amanda are thrilled beyond belief. I so cannot WAIT until our time comes!
By
Anonymous, at
7/19/2010 10:36 AM
WOOT!!! Congratulations Nana 2 :) I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad that everyone came to this decision. I think that is wonderful. I so agree with you about premarital sex but hormones a lot of times get the best of people and well it happens. Ya just move on if ya ask me.
It seems ironic to me that you announce this as you are dealing with mom in one spectrum and the new little bundle of joy in the other spectrum. Life indeed works in mysterious ways.
Congrats again my darlin' How wonderful that your new one is going to be raised in such a wonderful family. :)
By
Anonymous, at
7/19/2010 12:39 PM
Bouncing in my chair with happiness!!! :) HOORAY!!!!
When I was praying for you, as requested, I had an inkling that it had something to do with Nana-hood... whether that meant a new sibling for Luz or a baby for one of your other 3 children. I absolutely LOVE how God has worked this out for His Good and for the good of YOU and the rest of the family.
I've known plenty of Christians who have been in this situation, in one role or another. I'm not arrogant enough (I hope I never am arrogant!) to think it will never happen in my family. It very well could happen, and I hope that if it does, our family can come together to support one another the way yours has.
CONGRATULATIONS, Nana II *and* Hector, Amanda, and Luz!!
{{Hugs}} also to Derek, the birth mother and her family. It's not easy, but they are doing a good thing here.
By
Anonymous, at
7/19/2010 2:55 PM
Wow... Melli, God knew how to take this event and turn it into a blessing..I am so thrilled and happy for you and all of your family.
Your new grand could be a Christmas baby.I know Luz must be so excited..as well as Amanda and Hector..
Derek and the birth mother are special people to know that placing their baby into a loving home is the right answer..my hugs to them both during this time.
Congrets to you becoming a Nana again..Love ya, Baba
By
Baba, at
7/19/2010 3:52 PM
Oh this is more excellent!!! What a great, wonderful way for this to fall into place. :) I am so excited for Amanda and Hector and Luz!!! And you of course, Nana! :-D Happy day!
By
Unknown, at
7/20/2010 8:56 AM
Congratulations!
I loved your last paragraph, Melli. I taught a Sunday school class on Psalm 139:13 and told the kids that God knew them and had a plan for their life even before they were born. One little girl who was maybe nine years old burst out crying and asked me if I was sure. I told her that I was sure and showed her the verse in the Bible. She said, between huge sobs, "My mom said I was an accident!"
By
Charlene Amsden, at
7/21/2010 1:59 AM
I gots me some goose bumps.. that is so awesome... but that is so God...
Nana.. you go girl
By
Connie Barris, at
7/25/2010 6:59 AM
Amen and amen and HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad I scrolled on down to catch up!!
By
Susan, at
8/03/2010 9:19 PM
Post a comment
<< Home