.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Dozen ... Happy Fall!

Hosted by:
Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee



1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? (I just came from my dad's ceremony wherein he was given a medal of honor by the French government for service in France in WWII. Pictures to follow.)

Some of my people have been honored for special work they've done... and my brother did receive a very prestigious medal while in the army - but I don't remember what it is... his wife could tell us in a heartbeat though! He didn't tell anyone he was getting it. Fortunately his CO new how he operates and made sure my sister-in-law was put in the know! She would have KILLED him if she couldn't have been there for that award!

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
Well, that would have to be my very own baby girl! Amanda served her country - and that is where she met Hector - who was also serving his country! My brother, I already mentioned above, who I honestly feel was one of the most honorable men I've EVER known in my life... and my father, my grandfather, and so on and so on... also served. United States ARMY, one and all!

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
Almost ANYTHING! I mean I spent 15 years with my living room decorated in Americana red, white, and blue! The first thing I see in the morning before I even hop out of bed is my flag flying in the front yard. But I guess the National Anthem probably ... oh, and Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA... that makes me cry... every time!

4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am the youngest and I think it made a great deal of difference, but I'm not going to go into it.

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
My mother's love for Jesus.

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I don't do skirts. (well rarely.) I like dresses. But I prefer shorts above everything! So I'll say pants... cuz shorts are pants... sorta.

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Usually once. To use the restroom. And I just lay down and go back to sleep. If I have a problem, I will pray. Just talking to God until I fall back asleep.

8. Share a favorite movie quote.
Me and "favorite movie" are diametrically opposed. No such beast exists. Oh wait! There are actually TWO! Both Disney - 1.) Jungle Book (I love Baloo!) and 2.) Little Mermaid... but I don't like the story - just the music. So really I guess it's just Jungle Book.

9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Probably pumpkin.

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
I would say walks in the woods ... but that probably won't happen this year. The woods and wheel chairs don't get along so well...

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
My Mathew showed up TOTALLY unexpected yesterday! I LOVE it when that happens!

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
Parents and in-laws I simply will not discuss. Period. I can talk about my MIL as she is today because she is NO LONGER my MIL ... she is just a poor defenseless body without a brain. I try REALLY HARD to remember that every day!

11 comment(s):

Your back, your computer must be fixed. Hoorrrrraaaayy....
Wow that was a great honor to get from the Government.

Glad to see you

By Blogger Cindy, at 9/22/2010 7:57 AM  

God Bless the USA gets me, too.

My answer to #7 is similar.

Neat that Matthew surprised you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/22/2010 9:16 AM  

I am like you I get up once at night for the same purpose unless cat Arthur wakes me up by throwing Rosie's dry food on the floor and it makes "bing, bing, bing". He doesn't eat it, though, but he knows that I would jump out of my bed !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 9/22/2010 11:13 AM  

I've always wanted to decorate a room in Americana. I like the song "God Bless the USA" too.

Glad to see you back!

By Blogger Jerralea, at 9/22/2010 11:48 AM  

#8 - We've given 2 cars their names because of the Jungle Book! Bagherra was the 1982 charcoal-gray Mercedes that my husband drove in Germany (1996-1997); Baghette was the fictional little brother of Bagherra (also known as a 2000 Daewoo black 4-door sedan). It might be ironic that Baghette met his demise at the hands of a young man-cub who drove Baghette into the woods without a road under his wheels. Baghette was unfamiliar with trees until he met them up-close and personal that night. It wasn't pretty, but thankfully the man-cub walked away with hardly a scratch.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/22/2010 1:29 PM  

I'm so with you on Jungle Book! When I ran the Disney marathon, the high point of it was when the race was on the "dark side" of the park that the tourists don't normally see. Out in the middle of nowhere near the water treatment plant was Baloo, with his arms open wide for me to hug! I almost just stopped running right then, but I remembered just in time that it was a PERSON inside the costume...ha ha!

By Blogger SouthLakesMom, at 9/22/2010 2:12 PM  

Good on your family for serving. And heartfelt thanks to each one of them. Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

By Blogger SusanD, at 9/22/2010 2:12 PM  

Love #5. That's a great goal!

Thanks to your relatives for serving our country!

By Blogger Mocha with Linda, at 9/22/2010 2:12 PM  

Enjoyed reading your answers. Thank you to your daughter for serving our country. I was the baby and I was spoiled. Enjoy the rest of your week.

By Blogger Debby@Just Breathe, at 9/22/2010 7:51 PM  

You are such a blessing to Mom. Really.

By Blogger Maribeth, at 9/23/2010 9:39 AM  

Excellent post. Every answer was interesting. Your family, like mine, has a long history of military service.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 9/26/2010 12:04 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home