.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Dozen

Hosted by:
Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee



1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)
Honestly, I know that there were some... but I can not think of a single one right now. I must not have been too embarrassed though - because I would certainly remember being embarrassed!

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")

Honestly? I hate texting altogether... the chat-speak involved in it just makes it even worse. What ever happened to TALKING to people?

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.
Yea, RIGHT! The only way you will EVER see a copy of MY senior picture is to find yourself a copy of my senior yearbook and look it up! I destroyed ALL copies of that horrendous affair!

4. So, apparently question #4 didn't want to play this week and ran away!

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.

I remember never attending homecoming. Not even once.

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?" I am a sunRISE girl... I like the quiet solitude that arrives with morning.

7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"
Travel sOMewhere outside the U.S.

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"
Ack! WHY would I want to DO that? I have been a human and know the wonders of the human mind, the emotions of the human heart, the yearnings and gratitude of the human soul... and the JOY of the human spirit... WHY would I want to downgrade to ANY of God's other creatures??? WHY?

9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.
I was right here! Well... I was probably up at school teaching on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning... but other than that... I lived HERE. I was raising a 13 and two 11 year olds. I was MISSING a 23 year old... I was running around between soccer practices, baseball practices, and PTA meetings and events. I was driving an SUV and doing the whole Mommy thing!

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?
You know... I'd love to believe I don't... but the fact is it PROBABLY makes a difference WHO I was contending with, and how heated the contention was. But I can honestly only thing of 2, possibly 3 people I would actually gloat to.

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"
LOL! ANYTHING with caramel is my favorite food! Caramel out-bests chocolate by about a million to one... but if they are together, that's a bonus! Turtles would probably do for a favorite... but just plain caramels will do just fine too!

12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)

The Holy Family!!! No doubt! I sO wish I grew up in Jesus household! Of course, I would have known all along He was someone SPECIAL! I'd have looked UP to my Big Brother! And I've always wondered WHAT HAPPENED to Joseph... I can't wait to find out... I have sO many questions about that family....

**Edit**... Oy Vey! On my first visit around I realized that #12 asked for FICTIONAL family... And the Holy Family is NOT that!!! Sooooo.... Let's go with Swiss Family Robinson! High adventure!!!

9 comment(s):

#2- I have to think HARDER to read text-talk. Luckily, my oldest prefers to write out his words. (Texting is the best way to contact him. I usually text him this message: "Please check your email!")

By Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova), at 10/13/2010 7:20 AM  

Swiss Family Robinson-ha! How fun that would be (as long as it was temporary of course)

I like the quiet of the morning too.

By Blogger Joyce, at 10/13/2010 9:14 AM  

Ahhh...enjoyed reading your "mom" answer. I'm at the tail end of parenting...have a 16 yo and a college student. I LOVED the business of their youth!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2010 10:00 AM  

Great answers. Sounds like most of us agree on #2.

By Blogger Thena, at 10/13/2010 10:00 AM  

Your senior picture could not have been that bad, could it?

I've never been outside the US, but I have little desire to be. There are places I'd like to see -- if I didn't have to travel to get there. So until someone invents transporting devices, I'll enjoy others' travels vicariously. I can picture you going on a short mission trip some day!

I wish I had answered as you did to #8.

Swiss Family Robinson was a good answer -- very inventive and adventurous family.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2010 10:26 AM  

Loved your answers.

I agree - why would we downgrade to being an animal?

I started to say Swiss Family Robinson, too.

I've always wondered what the dynamics were in Mary and Joseph's household was, too. How would it have been to have Jesus as your brother?

Oh wait, spiritually speaking, we DO have Jesus as our older Brother! *grin

By Blogger Jerralea, at 10/13/2010 10:36 AM  

My Senior photo was the worst embarrassment. It was my 11th grade school photo because my parents refused to pay for senior pics and refused to allow my grandmother to do so, either. Worse, my step-monster had insisted on giving me a "special" hairdo and she made me look like Shirley Temple! I hated that photo before it was taken!

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 10/13/2010 11:38 AM  

mmm...turtles....mmmm....
I agree with you about the whole animal thing. Why would I want THAT?!?

By Blogger Pam from alertandorientedx4, at 10/13/2010 11:48 AM  

I don't text much, I really don't like it either. I didn't even notice #4 was missing when I filled mine out. I could not think of their name, I wanted to answer Swiss Family Robinson!!

By Blogger Debby@Just Breathe, at 10/13/2010 2:48 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home