.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, September 30, 2010

8 Question Meme that is going around like crazy!

In the past week (or so) I've been tagged TWICE for this 8 Question Meme that's going around. Jerralea from Jerri's Journey tagged me while my computer was down... it took me until this week to find out about it! And then Barbara from Stray Thoughts tagged me LAST Thursday. So it's about time I get to these... do y'all remember back when I was really gOOd and jumped right ON a tag when I got it!? I still love them! I'm just a lot more pressed for time lately... and I still keep asking myself how THAT has come to pass! Okay! On to the eight 16 questions...

Questions from Jerralea ...

1. What was the first meal you ever prepared?
I honestly have NO clue! I have been cooking since ... I was BORN... I think. I do know that the first meal I ever prepared for DENNIS was steak, baked potato, and broccoli. He had never had broccoli before and was suuuuper impressed! You have NO idea how many vegetables I introduced him to. I could not believe that his family basically ate corn and lima beans -- that was IT. LOL! Mind you - he's still a meat and potatoes boy ... but he does always eat his veggies. And likes them.

2. What is your favorite worship song?
That would HAVE to be Matt Redman's You Never Let Go. It has ministered to me sooooo many times.

3. If you could do any occupation, what would it be?
There are many jobs that I find attractive... Lawyer - I love courtroom drama! Portrait Photography... many used to tell me I would be good at it. But now with digital... EVERYONE's a fabulous photographer! And an Artist would be fun! Mostly I just like to VOLUNTEER though!

4. What is your favorite flower?
I loooooove a Calla Lily in full bloom.

5. Would you rather wear one pair of shoes all the time and switch purses, or only carry one purse and have different pairs of shoes?
ACK!!! What a horrible choice to have to make! But... I usually only change my purse at each season... so I'm going to say one purse. MOSTLY I only wear sneakers or flip flops (even in winter!) ... but I like options!

6. Name one fashion fad you hope never comes back.
Tooooooo late! They did already!!! Bell bottoms. Empire waist tops! They are HORRIBLE! Everyone looks pregnant in an empire waist top! ugh...

7. Would you rather handwrite in cursive or print?
Sadly cursive is slowly dieing out. Some of the schools aren't even TEACHING it anymore! And the high schools don't EVER make students use it! EVER. I think that's really sad. BUT... having said that... I much prefer to print! (or better yet... type!)

8. Would you rather see a bestselling movie, or read the book?
Oh that an easy one! I don't watch movies -- and I LOVE to read! I'll take the book!


Questions from Barbara ...

1. What do you feel is the greatest benefit you receive from blogging? Meeting new friends!!! But that was something I NEVER expected to happen when I started blogging... I don't know why - because I had belonged to message boards before and met friends through that... blogging is like your own message board - with more decorating. But I also had a website and "guest book" LONG before I started blogging -- and I met friends through that too!

2. What was your childhood nickname? How did you get it? Are you still called that now? (Oops — I guess that’s three in one!) Melli actually IS my childhood nickname. My real name is Mary Clare - which I always hated up until recently - and suddenly I wonder why... But I could NEVER start using it now! I just AM Melli. There is conflict about how I got the name. My now deceased brother insisted that it was because he always (all his life) called me Jellybean! To him, I was Jellybean. Nobody else called me that. But he says they started saying Jelly-Melli... and then Melli stuck. The other sibs seem to remember that I was not able to say "Mary" when I was little and said "Mawy" ... which sounded a lot like Mewwy... or Melli. So who knows??? All I know is Melli is ME!

3. Miracle Whip or mayonnaise? Definitely MAYO.

4. What is your favorite season and why? Summer. I am a shorts and tank-top girl! However... I will say that the older I get, the less I like the heat. I am more affected by it now than I was when I was younger... Spring and Fall are starting to look better...

5. When you are sick, do you like a lot of attention and pampering, or do you like to be left alone? Leave. Me. Alone! I really cannot over emphasize that!

6. Share one pleasant childhood memory. Parcheesi tournaments with my sister!

7. Share a time a hymn ministered to you in a special way. A hymn? I'm not sure I've had a "hymn" minister to me... I have a LOT of contemporary PRAISE songs that minister to me. That's not to say I don't have a lot of hymns I love... I do! But I just haven't felt that have ministered to me... that I can remember anyway.

8. Describe your favorite coffee mug (or show us a photo of it). Why do you like it? I have a bit of a coffee mug fettish! I get a new favorite about every 6 months. I just shared the latest fave not too long ago - you can see it here. I just like the look of it... and it "feels" right too. A coffee mug HAS to "feel" right!


And now I'm supposed to tag 8 people, but we know I'm not doin' that! So then I'm supposed to give them 8 questions... so on the off chance that one of you might NOT have been tagged with this already and might actually be wishing that someone would give you 8 questions... (yea... right!) ... here they are... JUST for you!

1. If you could do ONE thing, anything... big or little... to make the world a better place, what would it be? And why?

2. If you had to survive a natural disaster, which kind would you choose?

3. What do you think is the MOST amazing thing about the human brain?

4. If Crayola asked you to name THIS COLOR, what would you call it? Please don't say orange. Be creative!

5. What is the longest you've ever procrastinated doing something and what is that something?

6. If Jesus were coming to your house for dinner tonight, would you be more concerned about what to feed Him, how clean the house is, or what you were going to wear?

7. What WOULD you feed Him?

8. If I gave you $5 to use to make a stranger smile, what would you do with it?

I might actually answer these myself one of these days! LOL! IF you happen to choose to answer them, let me know... I'd definitely like to read your answers!

8 comment(s):

Thanks for playing!

I think I had heard your nickname story before but forgot til I read this. Growing up I was called Barbie, bit only family calls me that now.

I have a basic black pair of shoes and purse that I wear most days, but if i change shoes I usually change the purse, too. But it is harder to change purses, though.

That's what I like best about spring and fall -- the more moderate temperatures.

Boy, you ask some doozies. I've sometimes thought about how I would handle different disasters and ended up just being thankful I didn't have to choose.

I can feel my Martha tendencies kicking in just thinking about #6 and 7.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2010 9:58 AM  

You know, when my first dachshund Shubi was so ill and we were rushing her to the Vets, I sang all the Christian songs I knew. I know it comforted me, and I sure hope they comforted her.
God let me have her for 2 more years, and I felt so blessed by that. She was the dog of my soul!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 9/30/2010 10:51 AM  

I am relieved that you don't tag anybody Mary Clare ! You must feel like a super star giving interviews ! When I am sick I also want to be alone and I bite if somebody disturbs me ! Unfortunately even after 40 years of marriage, Mr. G. asks me all 5 min if I want a soup ! and I hate soups !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 9/30/2010 11:20 AM  

Thanks for playing along, Melli! By the way, I love your nickname, it sort of sounds like what my brother called me, Jelly. He couldn't say Jerralea plainly.

I love calla lilies too.

So, you don't like empire tops? Actually, I love them. I find they cover a multitude of flab!

I think it's awful that cursive writing is dying out. Another discipline out the window!

By Blogger Jerralea, at 9/30/2010 12:10 PM  

Great answers...glad you don't tag my darlin' LOL I love the Calla Lily as well :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2010 3:58 PM  

Rabbit, rabbit!

Your 8 questions are very interesting. I think I will do them for tomorrow. They look hard.

I wear the same purse and shoes all year. Miracle Whip. And definitely leave me alone when I am sick.

By Blogger Nessa, at 10/01/2010 7:01 AM  

My best friend also loves calla lilies.
I like your questions and I will probably answer them in a week or two when I can get back to blogging.

By Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova), at 10/01/2010 2:59 PM  

When I am sick I want to to tell me you love me and make noises that let me know you care that I am sick. Then I want you to go away. You may bring me a nice hot tea and set it on my night stand every so often, but don't speak to me or expect me to act civil, and absolutely do NOT wake me up to ask me how I feel. You will not like my answer!

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 10/01/2010 4:05 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home