.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Friday, October 01, 2010

Friday's Fave 5...

Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday Fave Five in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Thank you Susanne for hosting this inspirational sharing game!


1. Well, my church car wash has to be the first highlight of my week. But I saved this story for FFF because it was my favorite. Two of our adult men had walked up to the stoplight at the corner to wave signs and try to connect with people while they actually had time to READ the signs... and there is a fruit stand on that corner too. The lady who runs the stand came over to Chris and said she really wanted to bring her truck down to our car wash - but she just couldn't leave the stand. So Chris offered to take the truck for her -- and she TRUSTED him!!! She let a perfect stranger take her truck down to our car wash and bring it back. And then - when he wouldn't accept her donation (it was a free, no donations accepted car wash) she insisted he bring us back some peaches! I LOVE it!!!

2. Sunday, Amanda & Luz and I went to a Latino Festival - Luz was re-introduced to a bit of her "roots"... and the PARADE was my absolute FAVORITE! I love a parade anyway - always enjoyed the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on tv... and I enjoy a military parade as well... but THIS parade... OH! It was the most magnificent parade I have EVER seen up close and in person! The costumes were jussssst GORGEOUS! The whole day was fun - but the PARADE was AMAZING!

3. A stormy night and sleeping with the windows open! Oh YES!!! When the rain is sO hard that it wakes you up - no thunder or lightening - just HARD rain - it is sO worth being woken up FOR! Yes it is! And then I layed there and FOUGHT going back to sleep, just so I could listen to it... mmm mmmmm...


4. After two months of being on somewhat of a dietary sabbatical, our NEW weight loss Bible study started last night. I have gained a few pounds, but I am READY now and motivated to start losing again. So keep an eye on that little slider up there... it may take it a couple of weeks (i have to catch up to it!) - but it's going to start moving again!!!


5. As I was driving home after my Bible study class ... some of you may not be aware that the East Coast was having TORRENTIAL downpours yesterday and in our neighborhood, FLASH FLOOD warnings pretty much EVERYwhere -- we are a peninsula after all... so anyway... I'm driving home, and there is a LOT of standing water on the roads... ALL the roads - high or low... I come to the intersection at the end of my road, and it's in a lowish spot, and of course I have my brights on because we don't have any street lights... and I'm slowing down for the stop sign and what do I see? Hop, SPLASH!, Hop, SPLASH!, Hop, SPLASH! ... a little frog crossing the street!!! God was at it again... He always knows how to tickle me!

17 comment(s):

What a great story of trust with the car wash. I haven’t been to a parade in a long time, but I’m going tomorrow morning! I love stormy nights, too. We haven’t had many lately. Glad you enjoyed yours. Blessings to you as you try to lose weight. It’s a hard thing to do, but I’m sure you’re up to the challenge!

By Blogger Lisa notes..., at 10/01/2010 10:07 AM  

Love your word picture of the little frog splashing his way across the street ;-)

Glad you are feeling encouraged with the study and weight-loss goals. Good for you, Melli!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2010 12:25 PM  

I love to sleep with the windows open!

I love your story of the frog send by God just for you!

Great car wash story! Kudos to your group for doing it for free!

By Blogger Jerralea, at 10/01/2010 12:38 PM  

We got about 5 inches of much needed rain. So glad you are continually finding God in the little events of the day. I like to call them God Winks. I've got about 2 months of posting to do....just crazy busy but loving life and watching it unfold. Miss you more than hot biscuits right out of the oven.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 10/01/2010 12:56 PM  

So many great treats this week! Loved the story of the frog - -and glad you made it home safely in the flooded streets.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2010 1:27 PM  

I love listening to the rain too. I stand in my kitchen with the lights off and listen to it on my skylights.

Lucky you to see a cute froggie.

By Blogger Nessa, at 10/01/2010 1:33 PM  

F.R.O.G.

Fully Rely On God :)

We luckily only received 3-1/2 inches of rain at my house. Now to pray for the field to be sucked and blown dry before the football game tonight and our big (12 bands) marching band competition tomorrow!

If you want a fun day out this way, shoot me an e-mail quick!

By Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova), at 10/01/2010 2:52 PM  

Great week my darlin' I love the sound of rain as well :) You guys certainly are getting more than your fair share. I love the story about the truck. How cool. Have a wonderful weekend :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2010 3:06 PM  

Ha Love the story about the frog hopping across the road.....how cool. It is those little things in life that can mean so much! :) And yes the rain and flooding was crazy!

Love sleeping with the windows open ( just a bit) on a rainy night too!

And that is so great about your church car wash...love to hear that kind of thing.
Have a great weekend Melli!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2010 3:19 PM  

It wouldn't surprise me if fishes would swim across my street ! after all it rains since 2 weeks ! You and your listening to the rain ! (grumble !)

By Blogger Ingrid, at 10/01/2010 3:44 PM  

My 2 favorites of your 5 favorites are the peaches and the frog. the frog made me smile and I didn't even get to see it!

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 10/01/2010 4:02 PM  

At the car wash, you know she probably didn't even think twice.
I bet the peaches were so good.

I so love to hear the rain stomping down at night. Our barn roof is tin and with the window open I hear the tap dancing.

Were you able to stop for the frog?

By Blogger Cindy, at 10/01/2010 7:21 PM  

good luck to you in your new study!

By Blogger tilden talks..., at 10/01/2010 7:43 PM  

Mmmm, peaches from the fruit stand, delivered with love. How nice.

Sleeping to the sounds of rain is so nice. Hope you have a great week ahead.

By Blogger Laura@OutnumberedMom, at 10/01/2010 11:51 PM  

Oh your little frog was such a sweet treat in the midst of the storms. Was it Mr. Jeremy Fisher returning from the pond? I can just SEE him in his little waistcoat and jacket!

Hurray for you starting up again in the weight loss program! You've done so well already!

By Blogger Willow, at 10/02/2010 11:34 AM  

Oh your little frog was such a sweet treat in the midst of the storms. Was it Mr. Jeremy Fisher returning from the pond? I can just SEE him in his little waistcoat and jacket!

Hurray for you starting up again in the weight loss program! You've done so well already!

By Blogger Willow, at 10/02/2010 11:34 AM  

The frog story just made me smile! Hopefully everyone's basements stayed nice and dry in that downpour!

Those peaches must have tasted extra good. What a blessing both parties were to each other.

Love when I can hear rain at night.

By Blogger Susanne, at 10/03/2010 10:53 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home