Weekend Stuff... and stuff...
That's my grandson in there!He's kickin' up a storm and drivin' his
bio-mom crazy!
Amanda had Jen and her parents, and Dennis and I over for dinner Saturday so we could all get to know each other a little better. This baby boy is really LUCKY because he's going to have 3 sets of grandparents! Jen's folks are looking forward to him as much as we are, and are just so happy that Amanda will be adopting him and they will have the opportunity to love him and watch him grow! Jen's mom and I are in the middle of planning a baby shower for Amanda. Jen has been shopping for gifts for Amanda! The whole thing is soooooo weird... but... it works! Everyone is happy! (isn't that all that really matters?)
Sunday I taught Sunday School... I'm really REALLY starting to have a good time with these kids. I only have 7 kids -- but 3 of them are ADHD, and one is very high functioning Autistic... so it's a challenging group! When they are all there it is VERY challenging. But we manage... and we even learn! I try to always have "something" for the kids each week. And I'm not much on providing snacks... there's enough food at church to break anyone's diet and ruin every child's teeth! But sometimes I have a pencil or an eraser or a pocket stone or a little cross ... today I had cross shaped silly bands! (who INVENTED silly bands??? I sure wish it was ME! somebody is makin' a fortune on these things!!!) And I had stickers! I always have stickers! So today Abbie asked if she could have TWO stickers ... (greedy greedy greedy!) ... I told her she most certainly could... IF ... if she would share the 2nd one to a friend! She agreed! Then they all wanted one to share to a friend! And of course I obliged! And then Dylan put his friend sticker on ME! Awwwwwwww.... my heart melted into a puddle right there on the floor!
Then I went upstairs for service, and it was wonderful of course. When it came time for the peace offering - Pastor ALWAYS tells us to find someone we don't know and introduce ourselves - so I was looking around for someone I don't know and all of a sudden I had a 34 inch SPIDERMAN hugging my legs saying "Peace be wif you Miss Mewwi!" I looked down to find one of my favorite little fellas! And right beside him his 12 year old brother - also wishing to "peace" me! Ohhhhhh goodness! I do LOVE my church family!
After church I drove down to Annapolis to have lunch with my Mathew. The restaurant was Mathew's choice this time, and we went to The Chop House (I figured it would feature CHOPS - but no...) which is a fairly fancy seafood house! It was grrrrrreat! I had a salmon/ceasar salad and some steamed oysters. Mmmm... Of course, if Mathew's there and it's on the menu we MUST try the crab dip! This is a given in ANY restaurant we visit. So we did. I ate a little bit of it - and it was very good -- but I let him have the bulk of it because I am reallllllly trying to be good! So we had a nice leisurely lunch together and then he went back to work, and I went and explored this CRAZY expensive shopping center that he works in. I don't know how ANY of these stores stay in business... but Annapolis is Rich Man's Land! All those homes on the river and the bay... with their yacht's! It's crazy! And they built these two high rise, high high HIGH end condominiums which are attached to this shopping center... now with the economy they are AUCTIONING them off and they are going for like HALF price! UNbelievable! Talk about a buyer's market! Anyway... I managed to find a couple of LITTLE cute items... stocking stuffers... so I can now say that I have officially purchased my first Christmas presents! ACK! I never do that before Thanksgiving! But I did! *shrug*
So, what did y'all do this weekend? Huh?
Sunday I taught Sunday School... I'm really REALLY starting to have a good time with these kids. I only have 7 kids -- but 3 of them are ADHD, and one is very high functioning Autistic... so it's a challenging group! When they are all there it is VERY challenging. But we manage... and we even learn! I try to always have "something" for the kids each week. And I'm not much on providing snacks... there's enough food at church to break anyone's diet and ruin every child's teeth! But sometimes I have a pencil or an eraser or a pocket stone or a little cross ... today I had cross shaped silly bands! (who INVENTED silly bands??? I sure wish it was ME! somebody is makin' a fortune on these things!!!) And I had stickers! I always have stickers! So today Abbie asked if she could have TWO stickers ... (greedy greedy greedy!) ... I told her she most certainly could... IF ... if she would share the 2nd one to a friend! She agreed! Then they all wanted one to share to a friend! And of course I obliged! And then Dylan put his friend sticker on ME! Awwwwwwww.... my heart melted into a puddle right there on the floor!
Then I went upstairs for service, and it was wonderful of course. When it came time for the peace offering - Pastor ALWAYS tells us to find someone we don't know and introduce ourselves - so I was looking around for someone I don't know and all of a sudden I had a 34 inch SPIDERMAN hugging my legs saying "Peace be wif you Miss Mewwi!" I looked down to find one of my favorite little fellas! And right beside him his 12 year old brother - also wishing to "peace" me! Ohhhhhh goodness! I do LOVE my church family!
After church I drove down to Annapolis to have lunch with my Mathew. The restaurant was Mathew's choice this time, and we went to The Chop House (I figured it would feature CHOPS - but no...) which is a fairly fancy seafood house! It was grrrrrreat! I had a salmon/ceasar salad and some steamed oysters. Mmmm... Of course, if Mathew's there and it's on the menu we MUST try the crab dip! This is a given in ANY restaurant we visit. So we did. I ate a little bit of it - and it was very good -- but I let him have the bulk of it because I am reallllllly trying to be good! So we had a nice leisurely lunch together and then he went back to work, and I went and explored this CRAZY expensive shopping center that he works in. I don't know how ANY of these stores stay in business... but Annapolis is Rich Man's Land! All those homes on the river and the bay... with their yacht's! It's crazy! And they built these two high rise, high high HIGH end condominiums which are attached to this shopping center... now with the economy they are AUCTIONING them off and they are going for like HALF price! UNbelievable! Talk about a buyer's market! Anyway... I managed to find a couple of LITTLE cute items... stocking stuffers... so I can now say that I have officially purchased my first Christmas presents! ACK! I never do that before Thanksgiving! But I did! *shrug*
So, what did y'all do this weekend? Huh?








11 comment(s):
I think God works in mysterious ways and this way is one that is most awesome to see going on! I love it!! Jen looks great, healthy and happy. And I know Amanda and Hector are beside themselves with joy and wanting this baby. :) I cannot wait!
By
Unknown, at
11/08/2010 7:33 AM
It is AMAZING how the details are working out for this grandbaby and all of the adults involved.
I co-chaired the committee for our church's women's retreat, which went beautifully on Saturday. You would have loved it! We had a theme of circles; the pastor discussed our circles of relationships and we had 2 local artists come in to teach us about early Christian symbols and then we created mandalas. Unfortunately, I was too busy to take pictures.
I DID take pictures yesterday on a hike near the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
By
Karen (formerly kcinnova), at
11/08/2010 8:06 AM
That's a great picture of Jen ! Another prove that pregnancy makes women beautiful (not always but in this case yes) Don't say the word weird ! it's just wonderful and the best solution for everybody ! I wished there were more cases like that ! I take your family for an example !
I am glad that you are back again you became a lazy blogger !
By
Ingrid, at
11/08/2010 8:36 AM
God is a true blessing in our lives, isn't he?
I was so unsettled Friday after going to Katie's grave. I struggled all evening on Friday and part of Saturday too. Then Sunday, I felt this peace, knowing that she isn't there. She is with our Father in Heaven, so no more worries.
By
Maribeth, at
11/08/2010 8:37 AM
Sounds like a wonderful weekend in every way!
And I applaud you for bringing non-food items as prizes. I've often been appalled at how much sweet stuff is passed out in schools and churches. Each individual one is not a problem but all together they really add up.
By
Anonymous, at
11/08/2010 11:02 AM
Such a sweet post, Melli and I am so happy for all of you with your new baby on the way. Such love in the world is fantastic!
By
Nessa, at
11/08/2010 6:34 PM
The fact that every one is at peace with this decision must mean it is the right one.
On weight-loss: I told Amoeba that my favorite blouse was getting bigger and bigger. He said he had noticed. I told him that since it is my favorite blouse, I needed to gain the weight back. He suggested I find a new favorite blouse.
By
Charlene Amsden, at
11/09/2010 12:30 AM
There is never too much love.
I have not been blogging, because I am running into problems, so I have given up for now.
I have been teaching SS also, I am teaching the cooking class. We are cooking strawberry shortcakes. Life is sweeter with Jesus in it. The Holy Spirit is the Strawberries. We are learning about Jesus birth before Advent so the learning can happen before all the preparing for the Christmas Program.
By
bettygram, at
11/09/2010 1:04 AM
Another little one for your family. Is the princess ready for this?
Our weekend was quiet. I'd overdone at rehab the other day and we all decided it would be best to rest. Sunday afternoon we watched NASCAR and that is the first race I've watched in ages. Caught a little nap, too.
The weekend coming up is going to be a wild one. Kids are coming in for hubby's b'day and we are going to the TCU game Saturday afternoon, with tailgating.
By
Amber Star, at
11/09/2010 11:13 AM
I think it's great the way everything is working out for your new grandchild. Every baby should be so eagerly waited for!
(That probably wasn't grammatically correct, but you know what I mean.)
I'm glad you're enjoying your class so much! Your students sound lovable!
By
Jerralea, at
11/11/2010 11:58 AM
How wonderful that Amanda's going to get to have another little one. And let me tell ya' after welcoming LG into our home, I am convinced that "odd situations" where family and adoption is concerned can definitely work out. For LG's b-day we had dinner with her Grandma, BioMom, Brother and Sister. It was lovely.
HUGS..
By
Susan, at
11/14/2010 5:47 PM
Post a comment
<< Home