Finding the "comfort zone"...
It's becoming apparent, since passing my stress test... that I am cardiovascularly able to do a lot more than what I thought I would be able. Amanda is positively AMAZED at how long I am able to pedal without getting winded. She says other women she has trained who were my size would probably only be riding about 15-20 minutes at this point - and they would be panting! Today I rode my bike for 45 minutes on level 2 -- and I stepped up the speed for the last 10 minutes, and I still was not panting. I keep my breathing very steady and my body very relaxed while I pedal and it's not torturous at all. However... my butt muscles (glutious maximus!) and my hamstrings (porkin' thighs) started screaming at me at 25 minutes. At that time I promised myself I would quit at 35 minutes. But when I got there, I was still breathing okay... and the muscles hadn't given out completely... so I kept going! And I completed my 45 minutes - which was my goal for today! I think my "comfort zone" is 35 minutes.... but that's all relative... right?Tomorrow I get a day off! Whoooo hoo! I have pedalled every day this week!







3 comment(s):
Good for you, I'm still walking every day but can't get over 2.5 miles without being totally pooped out.
By
PJ, at
2/26/2006 12:30 PM
But 2.5 miles a day is GOOD! (way better than nothing!) The problem I have with walking is that my right foot becomes verrrrrrrrrrry painful after about 6 minutes... and it doesn't get better. I can't work through it... it just keeps getting worse. So the bike works really well for me.
By
Melli, at
2/26/2006 4:47 PM
I'm so proud of you Aunti M. "You can do it!!!" I loved the elicipital machine, and the recumbant bike. I need to join a gym, but cannot afford it as we'd need a family membership, and a club with sitter service and a pool (to enjoy w/the kids after daddy and mommy work out.)
By
Unknown, at
2/26/2006 11:32 PM
Post a comment
<< Home