.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt -- Blue...


PS Hunt

Grab the Photo Hunt code.
Join the blogroll. Visit participants.


There were so many things that I could have picked for today's theme ... but THIS one caught my eye a few weeks ago and I decided then that IT would be honored today!


This is HALF of a set of bookends that my youngest daughter made for me when she was about 6 or 7 years old. My husband is always working in his wood shop - and she was always down there with him scavenging for scraps! So she made these for me ... and I have cherished them for about 10 years now! They sit on this little shelf in my living room - right next to me whenever I'm on the computer! I love them as much today as I did when she gave them to me. ... maybe even more! Right now she thinks I'm "silly" for saving these "junky things"... but sOMeday she's going to thank me! In case you're interested, here's a little pic of the "set".

Labels:

34 comment(s):

Ahhhhhhhh he's a sweet little blue man!

They are cute.

By Blogger Meira{FB}, at 8/25/2006 10:30 PM  

Aw, how cute! And so treasured. They look like the fisher price people. :)

By Blogger Carmen, at 8/25/2006 10:36 PM  

Very cute :)

Mine's up ...

By Blogger Teena in Toronto, at 8/25/2006 11:46 PM  

Those are great! Wish i had a set

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 12:01 AM  

How cute those are!!

By Blogger Leesa, at 8/26/2006 12:44 AM  

Oh my gosh, those are just adorable! I love little things like this that my kids make for me....they make my life complete! =o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 12:48 AM  

Isn't that just the sweetest ever!

By Blogger -tnchick-, at 8/26/2006 1:15 AM  

Very cute! I'm playing this week too!

By Blogger Kelly Curtis, at 8/26/2006 1:25 AM  

Cute :) I played!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 2:34 AM  

So cute!!!! they will alwas have a special place. My pic is up , happy saturday!

By Blogger MaR, at 8/26/2006 3:34 AM  

I love all the things the kids made me! You can't keep everything but I did keep a toilet paper roll that my daughter drew a picture of herself on and wrote her name and the date and when she gave it to me she said it was in case she died, I would still know what she looked like. She is old enough now that she loves to look through all my treasure boxes. All the kids do. Now she shows the grandkids, and they truly think she is silly.

By Blogger ...jus me, at 8/26/2006 4:01 AM  

Ohhhh...how really cute and precious! She did a really good job.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 4:58 AM  

I think cherished items like this should be put on display for everyone to see...such wonderful memories....she did do a good job too!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Mine is up.

Cheers,
Carol

By Blogger Unknown, at 8/26/2006 7:43 AM  

Adorable!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 8/26/2006 8:04 AM  

That's just too awesome for words Melli!! (Hubby still has a radio that our son made him years and years ago with scrap wood that Bud tossed aside---I'll have to show you sometime)

Happy Saturday.
Thanks for the visit and comments, as always!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 8:14 AM  

Awwww those are so cute!!!
The blue one reminds me of a little person I made at VBS when I was a kid that my father kept for years and years that was made out of bottle caps which were spray painted blue.
Have a great weekend...my PH is up, too!

By Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused, at 8/26/2006 8:37 AM  

Those are so cute!!

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 8/26/2006 9:00 AM  

I'm with you -- these are the best treasures. She did a really good job, too.

When hurricanes threaten, I gather up the pictures and the stuff the children & granchildren made. Everything else can be replaced.

By Blogger Mitey Mite, at 8/26/2006 9:06 AM  

I can see why you saved them. I would have done the very same thing. Wait until she gets married and has children of her own!! Then and probably only THEN will she understand..that is a GREAT BLUE idea!!

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/26/2006 9:08 AM  

The artistry is amazing! I understand why they are keepsakes.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8/26/2006 9:34 AM  

So cute! That is sweet that you kept those. A treasure indeed!

Happy Saturday and mine is up too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 9:49 AM  

Awww.....how sweet and creative. Your daughter is a genius just like her mama!

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 8/26/2006 9:58 AM  

These are wonderful. They not only hold books, they hold memories and love. Your daughter might say she thinks your wierd for keeping them, but inside she is all glowing, warm and happy.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 8/26/2006 10:02 AM  

That is super! The book ends are the cutest. Now that beats store bought any day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 10:14 AM  

Very special! They are so honoured on your bookshelf!

By Blogger Irish Church Lady :), at 8/26/2006 10:14 AM  

Awww, that so cute, I totally understand why you sherish them so. And she will to later on! It's exactly that personal things you love the most to get.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 12:01 PM  

How cool! What wonderful momentos from your daughter. I can remember doing things like that with my dad when I was little. Great choice for a blue pic.

By Blogger _, at 8/26/2006 12:03 PM  

These are precious as all get out! I understand perefectly why you would save these forever! And you are right, eventually, she will too!

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 8/26/2006 1:14 PM  

Very, very sweet. And I agree, your daughter will thank you.

By Blogger Philosophical Karen, at 8/26/2006 6:39 PM  

How lovely! My mum still has stuff I made for her when I was little too :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2006 10:14 PM  

Too cute and great treasures.

My SPH is up.

By Blogger Shooter, at 8/26/2006 11:24 PM  

That's very cool... *and* blue! ;-)

By Blogger Michael, at 8/27/2006 12:02 AM  

That is the coolest bookend set I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/28/2006 2:30 AM  

they remind me of the original fisher price little people! the wooden ones that somehow are choking hazzards to kids... but we all survived with them!!!!

By Blogger Jennifer, at 8/30/2006 2:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home