Just My Cup Of Tea!
Tuesday is one of those days that I don't always "post" something - so this was the first time I've had to scramble to fullfill my obligation with the NaBloPoMo! I decided to cheat and use something I already wrote a LONG time ago! And so I present one of my cute little poems!
I should have been born English
For nothing could possibly be
More comforting in the lae afternoon
Than a nice, warm cup of tea!
And if I were in England
I'd sip it daintily
From fine bone china, with a crumpet
My nice, warm cup of tea
But here in America, it's said
We do things differently
We gulp it down, from out a mug
While munching Sara Lee!
mcl
11/1/92







7 comment(s):
We are family that's big on tea.
One of our favourite saysings:
If you can't make a decision, you can at least make a cup of tea.
By
Sue, at
11/07/2006 6:48 PM
what a jolly good idea a nice cup of tea or maybe coffee sounds good
By
Anonymous, at
11/07/2006 8:08 PM
That is very sweet and warming! You know Soma has one of those swords too, so I'm sure someone would let ya borrow. (-;
By
Anonymous, at
11/07/2006 8:26 PM
Nobody doesn't love, Sara Lee!
Btw, the owners of Sara Lee also have plus size women's clothing franchise ....
Think that's cooincidense?
By
Charlene Amsden, at
11/08/2006 12:01 AM
Yo, Melli, you are my kind of girl!!!! The poem made me giggle this morning. I will be thinking about you with your mug xof tea and Sara Lee this afternoon.
By
Jane, at
11/08/2006 7:29 AM
Cockney slang for tea in London is Rosy Lee which would go nicely with Sara Lee.
I'm off to make a cuppa tea now.
Best wishes
By
Anonymous, at
11/08/2006 8:27 AM
Melli, I did not know that you are also a poet!! How cool!!! AND no ...no one is cute when they have the FLU...absolutely NO ONE..I just thought the kitten looked tired and worn out like me. I am still not up to #1 status yet but hoping as each day comes that I will be. THanks for the picture...Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
11/08/2006 1:19 PM
Post a comment
<< Home