Too Much Fun!!!

Ohhhhh friends... Let me tell you about my day! It has been toooooo much fun! I "finally" met up with the Southern Contingency around 11:00 this morning... I was right on TIME, but just not quite quick enough for THEM! They got there about 30-45 minutes before me! I wish I had had my camera IN MY HAND and ready to shoot as I got out of my car, because Daisy came a runnin' and it was honestly the cutest thing! Arms outstretched, ready for a big ol', BIG OL' hug! Alas... I got no pic of it! But as soon as we were both sufficiently hugged, she ran back to her car to bring me a GIFT! Somehow she KNEW I would forget my axe! (and my machete was in the shop!) So she brought me this fabulous double sided spear! NO BAD GUYS will get us now!!!

Ta Da!
I AM STRONG!
I AM BOLD!
I AM WOMAN!
(and i came bearing pretty gifts in pink and purple bags!)
Once all the introductions were done ... and I was done battling evil forces and dubbing knights and such... (you will have to read the other ladies blogs to find out THEIR stories about what happend! But be warned... by the time your done, you will probably have NO idea what REALLY happend!) ... we decided upon the Cracker Barrel restaurant - which I had never eaten at before, and so
I REALLY enjoyed! Here are pics of the NEVER BEFORE SEEN Lady Bug (in purple) and Flip Flop Floozie along with a shot each of Beckie (that Child of God) and that darling Southern Belle, Miss Daisy! (my job today was Driving Miss Daisy - crazy!) We had a wonderful lunch! Well, some of us had a wonderful breakfast! Cracker Barrel serves whatever you want - all day long! Amazing... truly! Sorta like Denny's - only way better! I had a chicken salad salad... it was not low-cal by any stretch of the imagination, and I didn't mind a bit! I didn't mind those corn muffins with butter they started us off with either... and as a matter of fact... we topped it all off with THESE! (and I didn't mind them either!) We all shared and tasted everything! YUM!

I have to tell you ... throughout this lunch there were more flashes going off! It sort of reminded me of 4th of July... and I ate my meal with green a purple spots blocking the vision of my food! You wonder why? Just look!

.... or it's just ME! LOL!

Lady Bug had to leave us a little early to get home for the Sadie Hawkins dance at her daughters school... the rest of us shopped around in the Cracker Barrel store and tried on hats! Daisy and I bought ours -- and MINE was ON SALE!!! (be still my heart!)
Well... probably needless to say... by the time our "time" was through, I was just NOT ready to give up my time with these new friends! We were JUST having too much fun! So I ... um... sort of... wellllll... I "invited" myself back to Daisy's house to spend the night! There. Yep!
I'm just about as RUDE as a body can get! Lord, forgive me! Daisy GRACIOUSLY accepted my invitation; I called home to say I wouldn't be there and it was a DONE deal! And it was a good thing too! Cuz when we got back to Beckie's house -- which is only a block or two from Daisy... I was sitting in my parked car with my foot on the brakes when they just decided to go. Like in all gone! Luckily my car was in PARK! (which it would not have been had I been driving home!) We are not sure yet just what is wrong with it... I'm sure it will all work out though! Mr. Wonderful is going to take a look tomorrow morning - and they have a mechanic guy they know who HOPEFULLY can work on it ... soon!
But maybe God thought I needed to spend MORE time with Daisy and Floozie than any of us thought!!! Who knows? I'm just glad I was parked when they went! Now... I'm just comfortably hanging out in some of Daisy's jammies, and getting ready for bed! I'm excited cuz I know we're going to find PLENTY of trouble to get into tomorrow! Oh boy! Stay tuned for the further adventures.....







16 comment(s):
Hey, Melli -
Let's meet for lunch again real soon, k? It was so much fun!!!
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
11/04/2006 8:32 AM
it sure sounds like everyone had a blast!!! (and still having one!)
By
DesLily, at
11/04/2006 9:23 AM
Sounds like you are having a wonderful and fun time! I'm so jealous!
By
YellowRose, at
11/04/2006 11:27 AM
GREAT POST and most of it is EXACTLY true!! smile!! We did have a great and wonderful time!! I am so so glad that I came all the way from Savannah to meet you finally!! It was so worth coming. I love being with Daisy and now getting to meet you has been such a highlight!! Now you can come visit me in Savannah and go to the TEA ROOM!! Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
11/04/2006 11:55 AM
Wow! Sounds like an awesome time.
I have to ask though... did y'all use your blogger names or real names?
By
Renee Nefe, at
11/04/2006 12:11 PM
Melli, I am glad you are having fun!
By
Charlene Amsden, at
11/04/2006 5:56 PM
I'm glad you are having fun and can't wait to hear more..:)
By
PJ, at
11/04/2006 6:46 PM
Wow, an adult slumber party! I've always wanted to do that.
By
Anonymous, at
11/04/2006 7:35 PM
I love all the pictures! It sounds like you guys had a blast. You and Daisy look great in your hats! You all should make it an annual blogger convention.
By
Unknown, at
11/04/2006 7:38 PM
That is so cool that you all got together and met!
By
Margaret, at
11/04/2006 8:16 PM
sounds like you had heaps of fun
By
Anonymous, at
11/05/2006 7:44 PM
Oh Melli! I am sooo jealous!! I am so happy you got to meet blogers like them! What a fun fun time! And you are exactly right, God wanted you to be safe for your trip home, so he messed with them brakes! You look wonderful, all 50 lbs less of you too!!..I loved the double edged spear too!....good idea if they turned out to be axe murderers...lol..We have Craker Barrels here in MI too...I love the store part!...You are absolutely glowing with happiness my dear friend!! I love you and cherish our friendship everyday!
By
PowersTwinB, at
11/05/2006 7:46 PM
I love your warrior stance! Your hat is very cool too. The desserts ~ OMG!!!!
By
Anonymous, at
11/05/2006 9:24 PM
Oh, Daisy is famous for those hugs! I could use one now!!!!!! And I hope she properly educated you in "fan language"! :)
By
Jennifer, at
11/06/2006 1:39 AM
What fun and what a treat to meet those fun bloggers.
Do you notice a slight shade of jealousy over here? Just a tiny bit! so glad you all had a great time and thanks for sharing pics and stories :)
By
MaR, at
11/06/2006 4:37 PM
Lucky ladies, all of you!! What fun, Aunti M!! :) I'm siked to hear it was good fun all around.
By
Anonymous, at
11/07/2006 10:08 PM
Post a comment
<< Home