Halloween Meme... and stuff....
1 - What was the scariest movie you have ever seen?
Ummmmm... 2 come to mind. I HATE scary movies -- so I've probably only seen a few. One would have to be Silence Of The Lambs. That was probably the most "realistic" scary movie to me... just the idea that people like Hannibal Lectur really do exist terrifies me! The other one - I don't know the name -- I think it might be Halloween... the one with the stupid clown doll? Isn't that Chucky? Hubby talked me into watching it back when we were first married, and I swear I spent HALF THE MOVIE hiding behind him!!! I HATED IT! (he was also the one talked me into watching Silence of the Lambs... you'd think he'd learn! Well... I think he has.)
2 - What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?
I only EVER rember seeing pictures of me in ONE costume - an angel when I was 2 or 3. But I DO "remember" having a Casper the Friendly Ghost costume one year... or at least the mask! It MUST have been a favorite - cuz I remember it!
3 - Given enough money what would be your fantasy Halloween costume?
For me costumes really aren't about the money. I like ODDBALL stuff! Creative stuff. I would probably like to go as ... I dunno... a pair of scissors or something like that!
4 - When was the last time you went trick or treating?
I think I was 16. Maybe 15. It was a group of us -- none of us had gone trick or treating for a few years and we just decided on a whim that day to do it! I quick threw together a costume as a scarecrow. We grabbed some pillow cases and off we went! Made a HAUL too! That was probably the beginning of allllllllll my weight problems! LOL!
5 - What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Hm. Mine isn't just at Halloween -- it's available all the time! Milky Way Dark - or I guess now days they call it Milky Way Midnight, I think.
6 - Tell us about a scary nightmare you once had.
When I was a child, for YEARS I had a recurring nightmare that a man wearing a trench coat and a fedora was following me home from school, and of course, the faster I walked the faster he walked, and then I would get to this stone WALL that I had to climb over to get home, and it was 10 feet high and I couldn't climb it and he would catch up to me -- and I always woke up right as he was going to grab me. IT WAS AWFUL!!! I started having that dream when I was about 6 years old -- and honestly I think I had it until I was about 12!
7 – What is your supernatural fear?
I don't really have one. Not that I've ever thought about anyway. Personally I find ANYthing supernatural to be a little frightening... don't you?
8 - What is your ‘creepy-crawlie’ fear?
Well... I'm not crazy about ANY creepy crawlies... but I think the worst would have to be either the snake pit in Indiana Jones or the GIANT Spider thing from Harry Potter!!! UGH!!!! The idea of both of those really gives me the willies!
9 - Tell us a time you saw a ghost or heard something go bump in the night.
Again... when I was a teenager ... I think I was supposed to be out babysitting that night or something ... but I wasn't -- something had happend to whatever my "plans" were. I was home alone, and I thought I heard a noise out in the back yard. I got up to "investigate" -- don't know what I thought I was gonna DO - but I went to check. But as I got the patio, I DEFINATELY heard a noise! And then I DEFINATELY heard somebody TRY to open the patio door! Luckily it was LOCKED and the bar was in it! But above the patio was a balcony that was off of my mother's bedroom - and when they couldn't get the patio door opened, I heard them CLIMBING UP to the balcony! Now, stupid me... instead of running DOWN stairs and OUT the front door and screaming for my LIFE, I went running UP the stairs to make sure my mother's balcony door was locked! As I walked IN to her room I heard the sliding door open and I have NEVER BEEN SO SCARED IN ALL MY LIFE!!! I was SURE I was a dead girl! Until my sister walked in through the curtains... she had forgotten her key and was "locked out" of the house. She didn't know I was HOME or she would have just knocked. Scared the livin' crap outta me!
10 - Would you stay overnight in a real Haunted House?
Now... you've read all my other answers - what do you think?
NOT. A. CHANCE!!!
11 -Are you a traditionalist or a creative carver of your Jack-o-Lantern?
Oh very much a traditionalist in that I like a FACE on my pumpkin. I'm not into doing all those fancy black cats or vampires or things like that... I just a couple of eyes, a nose and a mouth - maybe some eyebrows or ears... and I really prefer them to be cute ... but I did some mean or angry ones for my kids too.
12 - How much do you decorate the house at Halloween?
When my kids were small I went ALL OUT! The house was done to the max, we all dressed in orange and black for a month, I painted t-shirts and sweatshirts for them -- the whole shebang! Now? I do NOTHIN'! But... when I have grandkids - LOOKOUT! I'll get back into it all then! I think SOME of us have to take that little break so as to not be "burnt out" for the grands!
13 - What do you want on your Tombstone?
Well... I want to be cremated and have my ashes sprinkled out in the world ... so I don't know WHERE they'll put a tombstone -- but if THEY need one, I HOPE it gets to say "She lived long and died happy!"

This is actually ANIMATED the way I MADE it...
but Blogger doesn't allow that!
Sorry!
Labels: meme's









11 comment(s):
Interesting list ! I think I will start now where you stopped. I have never celebrated Halloween it just didn't exist over here. It's a real nice use and I learn a lot about it with the blogs.
Instead of decorating our house, I decorated my blogs !
By
Ingrid, at
10/31/2006 1:25 AM
Trick-or-treat! Hey Melli, this was so fun! Love the cute costumes, my favorite was the punkin's, loved the others that lurk around your place, "witch" reminds me Happy Halloween! That candied apple with the cute face was delicious! :)
By
Pamela, at
10/31/2006 2:16 AM
I love the pictures. Especially the 'punkin pies'!
Happy Halloween.
By
Jane, at
10/31/2006 8:41 AM
Ah....love virtual treats (no calories and lots of eye candy!) Happy Halloween...you're the best treat!
By
Lazy Daisy, at
10/31/2006 10:20 AM
Thank God it was your sister. Phew, you had me going there.
I love the slideshow! It is so cute!
And I LOVE caramel apples! YUM! I think that is my favorite halloween treat!!
Happy Halloweeen!
By
Anonymous, at
10/31/2006 10:41 AM
scary, scary, scary! Bad sister, bad sister!
I am glad you tagged yourself.
Happy Halloween.
By
Domestic Goddess, at
10/31/2006 12:26 PM
Love your slideshow, cute kids! (particularly the punkin' pies!)
Happy Halloween to you, Melli, enjoy it. I was only once trick or treating: my senior year in HS as an exchange student in the US. The girls took me out and we all had a riot!
By
MaR, at
10/31/2006 12:55 PM
that caramel apple makes me want one so bad! I may have to stop at the store on the way home ;)
By
Carmen, at
10/31/2006 1:24 PM
Great meme especially for today but I just do not have the time to do it...Packing and getting ready to head your direction!! I am so excited that I may be able to see you PLUS MISS DAISY and MISS BECKI too.. WOW!! I am meeting bloggers all over the place lately!! I am so thrilled. I have wanted to meet you for some time now. Lazy Daisy and I are crazy so we should have a FUN FUN time!! Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
10/31/2006 2:23 PM
I was on pins and needles with the story about someone breaking in to your house.
Have a wonderful Halloween!
By
Unknown, at
10/31/2006 7:02 PM
What Barbara said! Yikes!
Great pics, Melli. I feel like I know your family.
By
Charlene Amsden, at
10/31/2006 9:06 PM
Post a comment
<< Home