.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, October 30, 2006

Our Fun Day!

Yesterday the Family and I took a little trip into Washington (DC) to go to the circus! Not just ANY circus though... Cirque Du Soleil!!! YAY! This is actually the 2nd Cirque I have been to -- but it was Hubs and the kids first time! I saw Varakei with my sister a few years ago ... and yesterday we went to see Corteo!




First we stopped for lunch at the Capitol City Brewing Company. I had their Portabello sandwich - and it was Heavenly. Amanda had that too. Dennis and Mathew had the Fillibuster Burger and were both pleased with that. Krysti and Derek had the steak and cheese sub and both said it was the best steak and cheese they've EVER had! So... I highly recommend the CCBC!!!











The restaurant was just across the street from Cirque, so we were able to just walk over after eating -- it was perfect! We only had to PARK once! LOL!



You are not allowed to take ANY pictures INSIDE the grand chapeteau, but we had some fun inside the wee chapeteau that I CAN share! You would not expect they would not have their own travelling STORE with them - would you? NO! So...








Sadly, I was so busy laughing and taking pictures that I forgot to try one on myself! Ohhhhhh welllllll... And Mathew - the scamp -- always disappears when such NONSENSE is going on! No one is going to capture HIM in the act of being silly!



I am SO sorry that I was not allowed to take ANY pictures inside. I would truly love to share with you. Though I have found that EVEN the photographers and videographers that work FOR Cirque are not able to capture the "magic" on film that you actually SEE at the show! I bought the DVD when I went to Varakai, and was SO disappointed when I watched it - not that it's not WONDERFUL - but the "magic" wasn't there. So this time I saved my $31 and just have my memories. I did, however, find THIS at YouTube to share with you! There are several more if you just search for Corteo! Enjoy!



And now... I must go to work! Aiy! I think I'm going to be late! Have a GREAT day!

14 comment(s):

Wow, great pictures and what a fabulous show. Hey Melli, you are really getting good with your hula hoop. I barely recogized you.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 10/30/2006 7:27 AM  

Sounds fun, it comes here once in awhile but we have never gone.
Have a great week!

By Blogger PJ, at 10/30/2006 7:58 AM  

i saw a cirque show in Vegas - Mystere. It was truly amazing!

And those hat shots? priceless!

By Blogger Carmen, at 10/30/2006 9:04 AM  

Awesome! Isn't it awesome when you can drive to another state to have fun? Great pictures!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/30/2006 9:47 AM  

I have never been priviledged to see such a show like that...looks like a lot of fun though...I know you had a great time!!! WHAT FUN!! Thanks for sharing it with all of us...Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 10/30/2006 10:49 AM  

We love Cirque. I have seen the one in Florida two times.

By Blogger Domestic Goddess, at 10/30/2006 11:51 AM  

Super cool fantastic!! (I'm surprised the allowed you to leave your parked car in the restaurant's lot...here they'd tow it aways!)

What GREAT absolutely AWESOME photos.

I'm a bit 'strapped' today at my blog.

But promises of tomorrow will be one big humungous Halloween Photo Bash!

Enjoy your day at work. Hope you weren't late.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/30/2006 12:15 PM  

I can't type either! aways? Oh lord. *giggles*

I'm hungry...ya, that's it. You talking about your sandwich yesterday and the clocks rolling back an hour...I need food for the brain.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/30/2006 12:16 PM  

Although you didn't label this a Monday Memory, I'm going to say that even if it happened recently, you're definitely stockpiling the memories! Great description and photos.

My MM is up, and I invite you over for a look at our real estate adventure some years ago.

By Blogger Norma, at 10/30/2006 2:05 PM  

Hi Melli,

Thanks again for visiting my site and for leaving such an insightful comment. I appreciate it! (...and were you late for work?)

All the best,
Andrew ("To Love, Honor and Dismay")

By Blogger Andrew McAllister, at 10/30/2006 3:43 PM  

Oh what fun I'm sure you had...love the circus! *s* And, the restaurant does sound heavenly!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/30/2006 6:13 PM  

Drinking my coffee while reading I enjoyed your pictures must have been a lot of fun for all of you !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 10/31/2006 1:29 AM  

You must have had so much fun! I would Love to see one of their shows!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2006 10:48 AM  

Oh you are so lucky!! What fun that must have been. Someday I will get myself to one of these. :)

And I agree, Capital City Brewing Co is a yummy place! :) (And a fun bar later on in the night!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2006 10:02 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home