Thank God!

Staunton, VA - Nov. 4, 2006
Good Morning God! I want to take this opportunity to thank You for bringing Daisy and Floozie, and Lady Bug and Beckie into my life, and for guiding me to New Hope this weekend. Thank You for being with me and for seeing to it that my car broke down in the safest of all possible moments and places. Thank You for providing repairmen who were willing to work all day Saturday to fix it, even though they don't work on Saturdays! Thank you for the wonderful time shared with these friends and their awesome husbands and for the g'zillion laughs, the fabulous food, the new experiences and the JOY that You brought to us this weekend! Please remain with me as I make my way home this morning. Thank You for loving me! I love You too! Amen!

I wanted to SEE his face... and there was NO other way!

And here it is!

And Daisy thought I had lost my mind!
(as usual...)
Stay tuned... more to come!







21 comment(s):
You guys had way too much fun!!
Godspeed and a safe trip home, Melli!
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
11/05/2006 8:16 AM
What a FABULOUS picture. I am so thankful you were not on your way home when your car broke down. It is wonderful how God takes care of us, when we aren't even aware that we NEED to be taken care of......until it happens!
LOVE the picture of Lazy Daisy. She is such a hoot!
By
Jane, at
11/05/2006 9:10 AM
It's so wonderful to hear about people getting together and having a great time!
I'm so happy for you!
Maybe we'll be seeing each other soon too!
A gal can hope - right?
hugs
L
By
LibertyBelle, at
11/05/2006 9:22 AM
Oh, I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time with everyone! One can never have too many friends. *s*
By
Anonymous, at
11/05/2006 9:57 AM
isn't it just grand to be laughing and giggling like when we were kids?!
I think making new friends does this to woman especially. For a while they get to drop the full load of responsibilities they carry every day of their life and pretend there's nothing in the world except those you are with, who you have no responsibilities for!.. so you get to be a kid for a while!!!... it's a good deal Charlie Brown!!
By
DesLily, at
11/05/2006 11:12 AM
too funny. very neat picture of the face. thanks for sharing.
By
Domestic Goddess, at
11/05/2006 1:43 PM
Melli, I think traveling with you would be a blast. We could climb statues together!
By
Charlene Amsden, at
11/05/2006 4:20 PM
Melli..Hubby and I have made it into South Carolina and have stopped for the night. We are both tired and my cold is worse I am afraid!! We will try to get home tomorrow around noon!! We both hated to leave but all good thing HAVE to come to an END!! How I hate that!! What a great POST!! WHAT fun that we had didn't we? All that laughing!! I have not laughed that much in years plus I now know that I do have real muscles in my stomach because they still hurt from laughing and laughing till every one of them hurt!!! What a BLAST!!! I would not have missed this weekend for anything!!! Keep in touch as I know that we will...Love Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
11/05/2006 5:13 PM
It looks like you guys are having such a blast! You are so lucky!
By
Anonymous, at
11/05/2006 5:55 PM
lovely post
Hes (G0d) great isnt He
By
Anonymous, at
11/05/2006 7:45 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time. I know mom was really looking forward to meeting you all. Glad you had a ball. Love the pictures:)
By
Julie, at
11/05/2006 8:53 PM
You all look like you get along so great! Who is the face on the statue?
By
Anonymous, at
11/05/2006 9:22 PM
I have loved reading your "adventures" via Flip Flop's blog this weekend. I've been praying for your time together. I got to meet Flip Flop last week in Savannah and have been watching this whole thing go "off" in VA with much green envy!! Seriously, you have all been in my prayers. May God continue to bless you...you have certainly blessed me!!
By
Susan, at
11/05/2006 9:44 PM
All so great pictures, Melli! I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful time. Wish I was there with y'all. Sorry that you had car trouble. It's just great meeting up with blogging friends, I love it! Bless you all and there sure is alot to be thankful for.
By
Anonymous, at
11/05/2006 9:45 PM
Hallelujia! You guys sure know how to have fun.
By
Unknown, at
11/05/2006 11:33 PM
I love that you got the face of the statue. How many have ever seen it? I just had to stop by after reading Daisy and Bug's account of the luncheon.
My MM is up.
By
Norma, at
11/06/2006 5:20 AM
Did you say hi to my hometown for me? I'm so jealous I couldn't go. I'm glad you got to spend extra time, even if your car did go kaput!
By
Carmen, at
11/06/2006 9:55 AM
LOL!
Looks like you all have had such a wonderful time!!
By
Deb @ Sugarfused, at
11/06/2006 1:05 PM
Great picture and wonderful fun that you climbed right up there to get what you wanted! You're an inspiration Melli.
By
Anonymous, at
11/06/2006 5:59 PM
Wow!!! You're making me so jealous.... I wanna be there and have fun too! You seem to have almost insolent fun!
Great statue and great bloggers!
Spectacular photos :-)
By
Anonymous, at
11/06/2006 6:51 PM
Yay that he is FREE!!!
By
Anonymous, at
11/07/2006 8:43 PM
Post a comment
<< Home