.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, March 24, 2008

Words Spoken In Truth?

.... Or... How I Spent My Easter Monday.

Me: Lord... I can't DO this! Why did they choose ME?


God: You CAN do this Melli. They chose you because they have confidence that you would do a good job.

Me: But Lord! I don't know her well enough! I don't know what to say! How can I choose the right qualities?

God: Melli, you write poetry. You knOw words. You know how to put them together and make it work!

Me: But Lord, this is IMPORTANT! It's a Birthday Prayer!!! I need YOUR help! I need your guidance! I need you to stay WITH me and HELP me get this right!!!

God: *sigh* Well... I had World Peace on my agenda for today....

Me: Lord! You know world peace is hiiiiiiiiighly over-rated! And besides... if you grant it, you'll practically be out of a job!

God: *shaking his head* Melli... with YOU around, I will never even be BORED, much less out of a job!


My sincerest apologies to all who were praying for world peace today. God meant to get to it, but I think I stressed him out! (not to mention myself!) I will be around to visit once I regain my composure! In the meantime... here's a glimpse of Luz in her most adorable little Easter dress that her "other" grandma bought her!

8 comment(s):

Melli-- have you done the birthday prayer yet? It is like a benediction. I used to do them often for Sidewalk sunday School. Lord bless and watch over ... help those her care for ... lead NAME in your ways ....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/25/2008 12:40 AM  

Melli: you DO know how to put words together!
And Luz looks adorable! it seems you two know how to wear a hat with style :)

By Blogger MaR, at 3/25/2008 7:45 AM  

Quilly -- Oh yes! The prayer got done - and made deadline! The birthday was being celebrated at Bible study last night! The prayer got rave reviews -- and of course, God gets ALL the credit!!!

Mar -- Thanks Mar! Amanda took this picture at home before she brought Luz down. I never actually got to SEE her in the hat - which broke my little heart - but I would have had the hat tipped back a little. I think my daughter has NO idea of how hats go! LOL!

By Blogger Melli, at 3/25/2008 8:25 AM  

Oh Melli! Whatever you write will be terrific.
And that Luz. OMG! She is adorable!
xo
LBC

By Blogger Ladybug Crossing, at 3/25/2008 8:36 AM  

Never underestimate God Miss Melli...you should know that!! I knew all would go well.
Luz is the best dressed girl in Maryland I bet!! She is the cutest for sure!! I bet you are so proud of that little one. I sure know that I would be!!
Hope your day is good today..Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 3/25/2008 9:01 AM  

Melli, you will do a FANtastic job writing that prayer. God can deal with 'world peace' tomorrow!!!!
Little Luz looks aDORable!!!

By Blogger Jane, at 3/25/2008 10:01 AM  

I'm glad the prayer got written and all is well there. I cannot believe, you, Miss Words, stressed over that!! You write so beautifully. I think you were a perfect choice.

Luz is definitely adorable. I'm sure one day you and she can don your hats together for a scrumptious tea party!

Hugs,

Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 3/25/2008 10:42 AM  

What a doll !!!

By Blogger Ingrid, at 3/26/2008 2:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home