SINGING and Tap Dancing!!!
Put on a happy face;
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.
Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style;
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!
Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
Slap on a happy grin!
And spread sunshine all over the place,
Just put on a happy face!
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.
Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style;
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!
Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
Slap on a happy grin!
And spread sunshine all over the place,
Just put on a happy face!
Soooooooooo.... Life is starting to look up! We have been going through a NIGHTMARE time with Mom. Let me just tell you... It HAD been going pretty good! Too bad we didn't KNOW it! I would tell the doctor, yea she does this and that, and she can't remember - well - ANYthing. We know from the official tests that her memory is only 5 seconds long. That's it. And all of the old memories that she has are MOSTLY from her teenage years... with a little from her married life. But like she doesn't remember that her children are ... well, she tells people they are in their 20's and still live at home with her. So... there's really not much there to work with. But we had gotten her PAST all the millions of questions about her old house and her car and things that were HEAVY on her mind when we first brought her here. She had pretty much forgotten about all that and settled down to "live" with us. UNTIL... the doc decided to try a new "memory booster" medicine. Razadyne. She was on it all last month at a dose of 8 mg. /day. Dennis and I noticed NO difference at all, and wanted to take her off of it because it's VERY expensive. But the doc said no - that we could actually double the dosage and if needed we could even triple it! So, I said okay. Well, for the last 2.5 weeks she's been taking 16 mg./day -- and about a week ago things went BAD!!! All of a sudden all those questions were back, and she was very agitated, and allllllllllll she wanted to do was GO HOME! She (this is kinda cute actually) ... she THINKS that if she's at HER house, living alone, that she doesn't forget things! Of course, WE, with our vaguely sensible minds, know this is not true! But her reasoning skills are completely shot, and so we can't convince her that WHERE and with WHO she lives does not make a difference! So for the last week we have been accused of TRYING to drive her insane, and she thinks we LIE to her constantly. She thinks WE take and hide her things and that's why she can't find them! And the other day she went through my FILE CABINET and I found some of my things in her room -- and she thought I 'planted' them there to make her THINK she's going through my stuff - because of course, she would never DO that!!! OY!
Sooooo THAT is what has been MY problem here very recently. However, I took her OFF that medication two days ago -- but it's going to take it a few more days to get OUT of her system -- but at least I know it's coming! AND Dennis finally gave me financing to get Home Health Care in for her -- so the HHC worker is coming TOMORROW ( i might break into another song!) to do the initial consultation, and then I have signed up for two days a week for 5 hours each day! AND we can get her occasionally on weekends so that Dennis and I can have some time together too! YAY!!!
THIS is huge! I am sO relieved I can hardly stand it!!! I just can't wait for it to start!!! Thank you ALL for all your prayers! I knOw they have been beneficial! God is soooooooo good!!!
Now... I'm still busy right now -- but I WILL be around to visit later this evening! I LOVE you all!!!
Sooooo THAT is what has been MY problem here very recently. However, I took her OFF that medication two days ago -- but it's going to take it a few more days to get OUT of her system -- but at least I know it's coming! AND Dennis finally gave me financing to get Home Health Care in for her -- so the HHC worker is coming TOMORROW ( i might break into another song!) to do the initial consultation, and then I have signed up for two days a week for 5 hours each day! AND we can get her occasionally on weekends so that Dennis and I can have some time together too! YAY!!!
THIS is huge! I am sO relieved I can hardly stand it!!! I just can't wait for it to start!!! Thank you ALL for all your prayers! I knOw they have been beneficial! God is soooooooo good!!!
Now... I'm still busy right now -- but I WILL be around to visit later this evening! I LOVE you all!!!








14 comment(s):
Totally doing a happy dance for all of you. What a wonderful answer to prayer. Yay Dennis for coming up with the extra funding. So glad for you to get some time to yourself and some time together with Dennis.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
4/02/2008 4:49 PM
I'm so glad for the HHC!! That will help immensely.
Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts
By
Barbara H., at
4/02/2008 4:50 PM
I'm so glad to hear this. I've been praying for you with this for a while, because I really think it's a lot for you and your family. A reprieve will be good.
Love,
Susan
By
Susan, at
4/02/2008 7:52 PM
This is so hard and you are doing a great job with it. You definitely need a break. Her medicaid or medicare should pay for an HHA.
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
4/02/2008 9:35 PM
So glad you are back and doing the happy dance. You have a hard burden to bear and hopefully this will lighten your load a bit!
By
Aggiema (Michelle), at
4/02/2008 10:10 PM
There's my girl!! I'm SO glad you're smiling again...I hate it when you're sad!
Love you! :)
By
Jennifer, at
4/02/2008 10:20 PM
Blogger needs some of those pills. Oops! There was a small systems error, again and again and again and again and again, and we've erased your comment, neener, neener, neener. Drop us a line and tell us how ticked-off you are so we'll know we're still successfully jerking people around. Thanks!
I knew you wouldn't stay down long, Melli. You just aren't the type. When the next trying episode comes along, you get a job and go to work, and leave Dennis at home ....
By
Anonymous, at
4/02/2008 10:35 PM
Hi Melli, I am so happy that " you " are back and will be getting help and some relief two days a week.. any time away from home will help...I pray all goes well and you can rest and enjoy your freedom...hugs my friend, love ya, Baba
By
Baba, at
4/02/2008 11:02 PM
First I am very happy that "old" Melli is back ! Fortunately you belong to this kind of person you drown in a river with a big stone around the neck and 5 sec later is on the surface again !! (I knew it !!) The only thing I can say is that this doctor is completely crazy !! Actually there is no medication in the whole world to improve the memory of a Alzenheimer person ! There is medication to stabilize a little and especially to help the family to deal with it ! He put her completely upside down and did more harm than anything else ! I think I would storm in his cabinet and tell him what I think about his medical talents ! That crazy guy !!
And I am also so happy for you that you get HELP finally ! You know woman like us everybody always thinks that we are undistroyable !! and far more stronger than we really are !
By
Ingrid, at
4/03/2008 12:32 AM
Oh, Melli, I am so happy you are back and most important: that you are smiling again!!!!
By
MaR, at
4/03/2008 3:04 AM
The HHC system really works for the primary care taker ---you and Dennis [and to be honest *hope Dennis is not reading this* I imagine YOU are the primary care taker Melli!] It does give y'all some time to do YOU things!!! And have a life of your own for the few hours, and they ARE precious hours. Like I said, been there done this with my mom.
Now, back to my T=13, I really had you in mind after I'd posted it last night, 'cause you're so good at this. Don't let me down now, you can get it, I know you can. [no stressors here tho, just enjoy your happy time...]
By
Hootin Anni, at
4/03/2008 6:08 AM
Oh what a rough time. :( I'm sorry! At least you saw the medication was making this worse and took her off of it. Hopefully soon she'll be back to her normal self, and the home health care worker will be a tremendous help. :)
By
Unknown, at
4/03/2008 8:03 AM
YIPPEE, YIPPEE, YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
I am SO glad you are getting help but most of all, I am glad your SMILE is back!
The help is going to make such a difference....for ALL of you!
Keep smiling. God IS good!
By
Jane, at
4/03/2008 8:19 AM
Oh Melli...boy am I happy to hear that you are so much better AND that you are getting some away time and soon is better than later..RIGHT? I have been praying for you. I figured it had to do with MIL when you wrote and said you were really down...I just knew!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear your words sounding better and more hopeful. None of us can really understand unless we have been there and done that. Will continue to pray for you. Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
4/03/2008 9:17 AM
Post a comment
<< Home