Photo Hunt - Painted... and Yesterday....
The side wall of a little urban greenhouse/vegetable marketsomewhere just outside Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday...
Oh my goodness! I just returned from our Praise service to give thanks for John Fogleman's recovery, and it was fantastic! We had a pretty good turnout -- about 40 people. I was hoping for more - but 40 is more than usually show up for anything - so I was pleased!My friends Sue & Cordell had put the whole thing together, and two other friends - Barb & Jim lead the music with guitar. Every single song we sang was one of my FAVORITE praise songs! Needless to say - I'd like to do this EVERY Friday night! We read about a dozen different sections of Psalms - and we did it in responses. I got to lead Psalm 89:6-8. Then 5 people stood up and gave testimony about either how John's illness has affected them ... or about how John has been a blessing to them in a specific way. And my friend Norm talked about how much John has grown in Christ since he joined First Lutheran back in '94. I know - because he's in my bible study - about how Jesus "rescued" John once before. But not everyone in the congregation knows his past. And of course, I didn't know him BACK THEN! But he was quite a character and was not - by any means - always in the Lord! He sure is now though! He's really amazing! God is sO good! And this was just a great praise service! I'm sure Jesus was smiling!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Krysti has arrived in Amsterdam, and can not get over how BEAUTIFUL it is! I tried to warn her! I've never even BEEN there, but I still knew it would be beautiful! She says it is overwhelming! She and her little group of girls went to a "really really nice restaurant" that they didn't realize was THAT nice - but she said the wait staff was wonderful, and she thinks the food was Belgian - but she's not sure! But everything was FABULOUS! They had NO idea what they were eating - but it was all good! LOL! I soooooooooo wish I was there with her! Tomorrow they are going to the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank house. *sigh* I wanna gooooooo.... I have NO idea what her schedule is. I know they go to Paris, and I know they go to Germany... but that's all I can remember. So... it will be a surprise to ALL of us what she does!
Today I got my next "thing" to be excited about! Well, two things actually --- I hadn't told you guys yet - but I'm signed on for crafts at VBS again this year! I've worked it out with Vada to come stay with Mom that whole week so that I don't have to take her with me this year. THAT was just too stressful last year! Not because she DOES anything, but because when she gets BORED her "thing to do" is use the restroom -- and of course, she couldn't go there by herself -- and I couldn't STOP to take her! So it WAS stressful. It will be better if I can leave her home this year! This year we're doing Gadget's Garage -- so it's all about building and creating! Crafts should be a breeze!
AND ... the other thing - the one I found out today is - Dennis (even though I told him he could say NO) said I CAN go to Women of Faith again this year!!! Whoooooooo hoooo! Oh I can not WAIT! And sO many of my friends are going this year! It's going to be a BLAST! I just LOVE having something to look forward to! It makes time go by much HAPPIER! I am dancin' on the clouds tonight, I'll tell ya! It's just been a GREAT day!
Today I got my next "thing" to be excited about! Well, two things actually --- I hadn't told you guys yet - but I'm signed on for crafts at VBS again this year! I've worked it out with Vada to come stay with Mom that whole week so that I don't have to take her with me this year. THAT was just too stressful last year! Not because she DOES anything, but because when she gets BORED her "thing to do" is use the restroom -- and of course, she couldn't go there by herself -- and I couldn't STOP to take her! So it WAS stressful. It will be better if I can leave her home this year! This year we're doing Gadget's Garage -- so it's all about building and creating! Crafts should be a breeze!
AND ... the other thing - the one I found out today is - Dennis (even though I told him he could say NO) said I CAN go to Women of Faith again this year!!! Whoooooooo hoooo! Oh I can not WAIT! And sO many of my friends are going this year! It's going to be a BLAST! I just LOVE having something to look forward to! It makes time go by much HAPPIER! I am dancin' on the clouds tonight, I'll tell ya! It's just been a GREAT day!
Labels: Photo Hunt








22 comment(s):
I know you will love WoM again this year, as much as you did last year. Is it nearby, or do you have to travel? And Dennis sure is indulging you a lot, lately. I hope you're doing the same for him!
By
quilly, at
5/16/2009 3:51 AM
Love that painted wall, Melli, great find during your trip!
You deserve being indulged, it's a bit of recoginition for all your patience and time dedicated to your MIL during the year. I am happy you are happy!!
PS: got even a few more postcards!! Chicago, Cincinnati and a sculpture.Now I am doing the happy dance :)
By
MaR, at
5/16/2009 4:59 AM
How wonderful about your service last night for John and about you and Dennis. I'm so happy!
By
Maribeth, at
5/16/2009 8:02 AM
I have missed a few blogs so I stopped and read. John does look like he is coming along. The praise service sounded great.
I wish the weather would warm up so i could plant some flowers.
By
bettygram, at
5/16/2009 10:00 AM
What a great wall mural! :)
By
Carmen, at
5/16/2009 10:18 AM
Those are some very exciting things you've got planned there, Melli!! I'm very happy for you, and indeed, you deserve this, with all the things you do for Mom and all!
By
Jientje, at
5/16/2009 11:14 AM
This one is SO pretty! Feel free to link it up to my Color Carnival too if you'd like! Thanks for stopping by :-)
By
Martha, at
5/16/2009 11:45 AM
I can imagine that Krysti loves Amsterdam ! It is a special town. Of course I don't see it because it looks so much like Brussels. Except for the canals. Anne Frank house is quite disappointing at least it was to me. I had imagined it very small and tiny and it was quite huge. Does she come to Brussels too ?
It's good that you can leave mom at home, it would be too stressful for you. So you can really enjoy your stay.
By
Ingrid, at
5/16/2009 11:51 AM
What a great photo! I love murals and all public art, and that is a wonderful one! Great colors.
Thanks for visiting mine and have a great weekend!
By
Annie, at
5/16/2009 12:01 PM
what a nice mural!
By
Ria, at
5/16/2009 12:07 PM
I almost showed Jason's being painted for the Living Gallery for the theme today -- or our new house paint -- but both those had been shown so recently. I just didn't get it going and then had something else on my mind this morning anyway.
I hope Krysti's taking tons of pictures! What a blast.
Sounds like such a wonderful praise service! How neat to learn of God's grace in John's life, both in bringing him to Himself and in his illness.
I think you're the most enthusiastic VBS crafts teacher I have ever known! I'm sure you an the kids will both love it.
Glad you're getting to go to Women of Faith!!
By
Barbara H., at
5/16/2009 12:21 PM
My favorite co-op grocer had a mural like that.
By
Alice Audrey, at
5/16/2009 12:38 PM
That wall is so colourful!
Thanks for stopping by mine :)
By
Teena in Toronto, at
5/16/2009 1:29 PM
I love the wall painting and sounds like you have a lot of good things going on and to look forward too. That does make a difference.
By
Carver, at
5/16/2009 2:09 PM
What a great painted wall... wonderful alternative to the nasty graffiti that sometimes covers buildings in the city. Nice job, and blessings to your recovering friend.
Mine is up here.
By
srp, at
5/16/2009 2:31 PM
What a great painting and what a wonderful post full of information. I'm haapy for all you will be getting to do. Awesome :)
By
Anonymous, at
5/16/2009 4:39 PM
Wow! A great praise service andx you get to go to Women of Faith. Life is getting good for you.
It sounds like things are going well for your daughter as well.
By
Dr.John, at
5/16/2009 7:14 PM
You deserve to go to the Women of Faith conference..Dennis SHOULD let you go because of the faithfulness of caring for his mother..That's my opinion.
As far as Curves goes..it was the Curves Smart that was giving me problems..i know how to take care of the other end...and i know how to do Curves Smart but it was NOT liking me...smile..We made it through it.
You watched a movie? Wow!! You picked one of the best of the best then..
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
5/17/2009 8:13 AM
Love the mural.
And to be in Europe. I've always wanted to go ....only for one reason, the history. But, I'm more than happy being at home.
By
Hootin' Anni, at
5/17/2009 5:43 PM
Great photo for painted. So much more interesting than just a regular painted wall. Nice choice for our theme. Thanks for dropping by for a visit. Always appreciate my Photo Hunter Friends.
By
PastormacsAnn, at
5/17/2009 7:32 PM
melli--
the painted wall is great-it sounds like you have quite a bit going on and a lot of energy--I like that--I will visit again--best to you and yours-c
By
C.M. Jackson, at
5/17/2009 11:32 PM
First off, that wall is so cute. I love it.
I am praising God for John's recovery. What a testimony to prayer and power. I love it that you all took the time to prayer and praise for the blessing. I know that must have been so sweet to Jesus as well.
I so want to go to WOF this year. I love those days. I'm going to Chonda Pierce in a few weeks. Have you seen her? She's so fun.
:-) Susan
By
Susan, at
5/18/2009 10:50 AM
Post a comment
<< Home