Friday Fave Five's ... SPRING!
1. First and foremost on my list of favorites this week absolutely positively HAS to be the fact that we have had temperatures above 60F the last 3 days! Alleluia! Praise the Lord! Spring is IN the air!!! It has been sO nice to get outside and just BE outside!!!
2. And speaking of outside... Mom and I took a walk over by the beach on Wednesday... it was lovely! We stopped and had lunch at Sweet Sue's. Very healthy veggie sandwiches - very yummy too! I would have liked to sit outdoors to eat - but it's still a little cool for Mom. So we ate in and then continued our walk. And I ran into a friend I haven't seen since shortly after I left Curves -- 2.5 years ago. We stood and talked for awhile and caught up... it was nice!
3. Sunday, after church, I went down to Peebles to look for an Easter dress for Luz - and one for me too. A friend had given me a coupon for buy one, get one for $1.00! Well... I found a DARLING dress for Luz - with a matching coat! Actually, it's the coat that is so darling -- the dress is very simple - classic. But the coat is just adorable. Amanda likes it, but Luz hasn't seen it yet... I HOPE she likes it. IT was 40% off! And I found TWO dresses that I liked for ME - so I used the coupon on them and got two new dresses for the price of one - plus a dollar! I LOVE it!
4. Crab Legs were on sale for $4.99/lb. yesterday! I got some and we had them for dinner last night! What a TREAT! I had gone to the store to get stuff to make tacos.... crab legs was soooooooooooo better! We'll have tacos tonight!
5. Annnnd... a double header here... Wednesday I pedaled my ENTIRE hour on level 3! Whooo hooo! AND ... look at the little scale! Yippeeee!
And... a wee little bonus moment... it will come later today... or maybe tomorrow... but still... Gattina is going to be doing virtual CARTWHEELS because I got rid of my WINTER blog skin! I'm not thrilled with the new one... but it will do for now... I just HAD to get winter down and ... I just don't have a lot of time these days! Maybe after Easter... I dunno.
I'm off for a playdate with my eldest today! We're going shopping... little girl clothes I believe! Oh deeeeeeear... oh DEAR!







19 comment(s):
I love your header. I am not too certain of that blue text on the yellow. It kind of stressed my eyes.
Congrats on the exercise! You're smokin'!
Have fun on your playdate.
By
quilly, at
3/12/2010 2:18 AM
Youpeee ! I feel much better now on your blog ! It looks like spring and summer ! I love it ! Tulips and butterflies, what do you want more ?
You did nice bargains apparently. Two dresses ! Wow ! Here it's still cold and today I prefer your blog to my outside view ! IIt's grey!
By
Ingrid, at
3/12/2010 5:15 AM
Quilly is right you should rather use a very dark brown that's less tiring for the eyes.
By
Ingrid, at
3/12/2010 5:16 AM
Wonderful! I love the new blog. I'm hoping to get mine redesigned this spring.
I see you have lost more weight too! Congratulations!!!
And little girl clothes are the best!!!
By
Maribeth, at
3/12/2010 8:25 AM
I love the new header! We've had a few nice, bright days between the cold or wet ones -- so refreshing!
I would so love to live near enough to the beach to pop over every now and then.
I need to go look for dresses -- the weeks before Easter are usually the best time. Congratulations on good edals! And good exercise! And your little ticker up there moving to the right!!!
By
Barbara H., at
3/12/2010 9:16 AM
You Go Miss Thing! Congrats on the weight loss, the bargains, the new spring skin, and crab legs! Can shorts and tees be far behind?
So proud of your new ability to pedal for an hour on level 3! Are you training for the summer Olympics?
You Go Girl, I'll be your cheerleader.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
3/12/2010 9:49 AM
I love the new layout! The black text is much better than the blue I saw this morning. A walk by the beach, how wonderful! To be able to catch up with a friend is great too! Those crab legs sound SO YUMMIE, and it's diet friendly. Congratulations on the weight loss!
By
Jientje, at
3/12/2010 10:40 AM
Yippee for warmer weather for you. It's so nice to get out and about in it. Glad you had a fun outing with your mom! Way to go on that bike girl!! I love bargains and you seem to have found some amazing ones. Have a great shopping excursion and blessings on your weekend.
By
ellen b, at
3/12/2010 11:00 AM
Ah! Your template is now a much more orange sherbet kind of color and I really like the dark text. Thanks!
By
quilly, at
3/12/2010 11:22 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss and for pedaling a whole hour! That is awesome.
And I'm glad you got two new dresses. Remember, last week one of my faves was two new dresses. Maybe I've started a trend.
Don't get me wrong, I love to wear pants too, but sometimes girls just need to wear dresses! We are blessed in that we can have a choice.
By
Jerralea, at
3/12/2010 11:28 AM
The dress bargains you found sound AWESOME! Congratulations! That's always exciting. =)
And yes - here's to Spring weather!
AND I noticed your ticker above -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
By
Carrie, at
3/12/2010 11:39 AM
We are all enjoying this warmer weather, huh? I’m so excited about it, too. Hope you’ll post pictures of Luz in her darling dress/coat. I’m sure she’ll be as cute as a button in it.
By
Lisa notes..., at
3/12/2010 2:08 PM
Congrats on your exercising. I'm so dang proud of ya my darlin' Ooo I love crab legs. :) Spring is a coming!!!
By
Anonymous, at
3/12/2010 2:49 PM
Well.. Melli, your week sounded great.. weight loss, crab legs and two new dresses..you are doing a good job with your exercise and food plan..CONGRATS... have a fun week-end. love ya, Baba
By
Baba, at
3/12/2010 6:28 PM
20 pounds GONE!! Whoohoo!!! Go, Melli!! :)
It's so nice and spring-y here on your blog I hardly notice the snow left in my yard. But by tomorrow, there won't be any, thanks to this rain.
You do realize, don't you, that if it was 25 degrees cooler, we'd be getting another 3 feet of snow this weekend instead of 3-4 inches of rain? Ha!!
By
Anonymous, at
3/12/2010 8:24 PM
I am working on losing some weight and so I found your mention of that especially encouraging to me. Thanks! It makes that journey just a bit sweeter and easier.
By
LeAnn, at
3/12/2010 10:19 PM
Love the new springy look!
i love me a good deal. How fun you were able to get all those dresses.
Yipee and congrats on the weight loss and for riding that far on level 3. Way to go, girl!
By
Susanne, at
3/12/2010 10:50 PM
Your header is SO pretty -- I do love the color peach.
I adore getting cute dresses and a bargain to boot. Nothing better.
Pedaled for an HOUR? Wow -- I'm impressed.
Happy weekend, happy spring!
By
Laura@OutnumberedMom, at
3/13/2010 2:45 PM
Hurray for you on the weight loss and the exercise time! I'm totally impressed! Wasn't that beach walk and lunch wonderful? I'd love that!
Happy Spring!
By
Willow, at
3/15/2010 7:56 PM
Post a comment
<< Home