.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, March 08, 2010

To Market, To Market...

My good buddy, my pal, my friend Gattina is hosting a game I don't play - Fun Monday - today, and she asked the question, How Do You Do Your Grocery Shopping? So, I figured I would indulge her!

I'll skip over the part about deciding which hat to wear... and go right to the BIG decisions! I generally do a BIG shopping once every two or three weeks... and then pick up things as needed... or wanted... inbetween. Soooo the first big decision is...

What size cart do I want to use??? - of course!

Now, if I go to Giant Food, they also offer wee little Luz size carts in case you happen to have a wee little one with you that wishes to shop too! Sometimes she's the ONLY one who needs a cart - just depends on what we're there for! But this day she was NOT with us... and we needed ...

The BIG cart ... because I had all those bags!

I don't make a list. I don't use coupons. I have DONE all that in the past... and I'm done with it! Now, I go in intending to get "a few things" and I come out with 6 or 8 bags worth. I know I'm going to DO that, even if I tell myself I'm NOT. I may say I'm only going to fill 3 of these bags this time. But that's a bold faced LIE from me to me. I don't think God even pays attention to that lie anymore! If He does, I'm in deep trouble, because I don't put ANY effort at all into stopping myself.

MY favorite grocery store assaults you right away to get
it over with!

If you can make it past the bakery...

... with the darling football shaped bread loaves...

... and the forbidden fruits ...

We finally find something I can BUY!

Oh! And THEN...
Oh LOOK!

BABY PINEAPPLES!!!
Are they sooooo cute?
Oh yes I did!

And I got some of these too!
I LOVE findin' weird stuff at the grocery store!
They called 'em passion fruits, but if ya google, they don't
LOOK like passion frutis - until you open 'em up.
(that's another post!)
I passed on the cane sugar to the left of them...
I wasn't sure what TO do with it ... and decided I don't
need any more sugar anyway.

Anyway... fruit was not ALL we got - but this
picture is blurry cuz Mom was trying to run me
over with the cart in her anxiety to keep up
with me!
The STOP command no longer works!

I don't know why I didn't take any pictures in the meat and fish part of the store...
but I didn't.

There ya go... waffles, cat food, dishwasher
soap thingies...
(does the clerk count as a stranger for tomorrow???)


So with everything loaded back in the cart, we get out to
the car... and guess what?


Why there's still a HOOLA HOOP in my trunk!
(amongst plenty of other things!)
OY!

But I managed to get it all in there anyway...


And home again, home again jiggety jig!
(no fat pigs were purchased in the
making of this blog post!)

But one Mommy Pineapple
and 4 baby piney's were!
(they are sO sweet!)

Luz thought they were just as adorable as I did!
Hector was impressed too.
He's the pineapple eater at their house.
I gave him one.
:)

So that wraps it up. Kinda boring, huh? I shoulda bought some flowers or something... I don't shop different stores when I grocery shop - because our grocery stores have EVERYTHING and even the meat and fish are really NICE. We do have a couple of local fish markets - and occasionally I'll stop in them, but most of the time, I just stick to the grocery stores. I do not however shop our local Food Lion. I have been in Food Lion's in other areas that are state-of-the-art gorgeous -- but ours is not! I don't know how they stay in business. Because our Giant and our Safeway are really nice! Ahhhhh it's nice to have options! I DO occasionally get meat from our corner market -- it's a little Mom & Pop place -- you know - the one with the cow on the roof! They have a verrrrrrry nice butcher and they specialize and take pride in their meats! It's worth the extra money to get steaks there - but again - our Safeway has really nice meats too!


12 comment(s):

Well, you're not the only one. I end up buying more than I intended to as well!

By Blogger Jientje, at 3/08/2010 6:30 AM  

Thanks for sharing your shopping trip. I like the way you arranged the pineapples. I wonder how the small ones taste.

By Blogger bettygram, at 3/08/2010 8:38 AM  

I usually end up getting more than I came for, too.

We don't have a Safeway or a Giant here. I shop in three different stores, but not in one shopping trip. Each has certain things I like that the others don't, so I just rotate among them depending on what I need, and then get everything else I need at that store that day.

Food Lion was the store I wrote about some weeks ago where I walked in and seven employees simultaneously stopped, turned to me, and said, "Welcome to Food Lion." Kind of creeped me out. The store was smallish and didn't have what I was looking for, so I haven't been back.

I wish I could get my shopping down to once a week, but even with buying all those extras, I seem to forget something.

I cut out coupons, but then when I leave for the store I am usually in a rush and don't have time to look through them.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 3/08/2010 8:41 AM  

Just looking at the pineapple makes me itch! (allergic, even though I love pineapple!)
Looks like my cart!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 3/08/2010 9:19 AM  

What did everyone think of you taking pictures while shopping? lol I like Giant grocery stores, but unfortunately our closest one is 30 minutes away!

Mmmmmm, mmmmm... LOVE that bakery section!!! :o)

By Blogger janet, at 3/08/2010 9:30 AM  

That's nice that you did my topic ! and even very well ! I thought you had bought the whole shop and poor mom got muscles to push the whole thing, hahaha ! I know Safeway from London, in Belgium we don't have Safeway.
We have more or less the same shopping habits.

By Blogger Ingrid, at 3/08/2010 10:24 AM  

The fruit was not ALL we got. OMG that picture just says it all. I've never seen baby pineapples before can you believe that. LOL Boy when you shop you really shop I tell ya. LOL Loved this :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2010 12:59 PM  

Yeah, I take all my bags in these days, too, or I regret it, LOL!

Baby Pineapples!! Too cute! I've never seen those before.
And your store is amazing!! We don't have anything that fancy out here.

And I would say yes, the cashier counts as tomorrow's stranger.
I'm generous that way! ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2010 4:04 PM  

Because of my early appointment in Anacortes, I didn't get breakfast. I thought I'd buy it after my meeting -- but my meeting went until about 3 minutes before I ran for the ferry to come home. Once home I went straight to the grocery store so I wouldn't have to go out again after coming home. So -- I went shopping on an empty stomach! Baaaad.

I went to get a loaf of bread and a pound of hamburger and spent $135.00 -- but I still managed to get home with sensible and responmsible stuff and talk myself out of a trip down the candy isle.

By Anonymous quilly, at 3/08/2010 10:41 PM  

Wow what a shopping spree that was, all I can say is now I'm starving...I need to eat! Such tasty looking things you went by! Thanks for playing this week.

By Anonymous wendishness, at 3/08/2010 11:37 PM  

Wow, your grocery shopping looks like a marathon! Loved the pictures and was positively drooling over the produce and forbidden fruits. Miss you but gotcha all prayed up.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 3/09/2010 1:02 PM  

Giant is a very nice store...they do have a huge selection and I find them very clean. A Little on the high side though!

By Blogger Jan n Jer, at 3/09/2010 7:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home