Thursday Thirteen
![]() |
1. I do not have a favorite color... I like them all. 2. My favorite song is Rod Stewart's MAGGIE MAE. 3. I devour Ann Rule's true crime stories. 4. I want to travel... to LOTS of places. 5. Greece would be a great reward for losing 100 pounds! 6. For 8 1/2 years I was a Union Sheetmetal Worker 7. Before that I was Floating Telecommuniations Clerk 8. For the last nine years I've been a substitute teacher. 9. I don't KNOW what I want to be when I grow up. 10. I love an all out torrential downpour rainy day. 11. I would like to learn to quilt. 12. I love MOST seafood ... I don't love squid or sushi. 13. This is my FIRST Thursday Thirteen... hopefully I'll get better at it as we go!
|
Labels: TT








13 comment(s):
You did just fine, Melli. Welcome aboard. You and I have a lot in common. I am with you on the weight thing, girl. Isn't it a pain. God knows I have tried and failed at so many diets. Right now I am really irritated with myself because my clothes are getting snug! Gotta stop.
I wish you well on your journey. I am going to be back to see you again. I think this is the start of a great blogging friendship.
Thanks for stopping by my 13.
By
Jane, at
3/02/2006 9:45 AM
What a nice job. Welcome to TT, and thanks for stopping by mine with some memories of house calls.
By
Norma, at
3/02/2006 11:05 AM
Super, Greetings once again Melli....this idea of 13 Thursday is getting me around the blog roll!! How cool to be able to drop by again and...hope to see you over at my place time and time again!! What's Amanda got going for you these days? Here's my link Wystful's Blog, ...thanks for the memories
By
Anonymous, at
3/02/2006 1:20 PM
Nice meeting you through your first TT. I liked your list, we are the same age and I LOVE Maggie Mae! My TT is up, thanks for visiting :)
By
Anonymous, at
3/02/2006 3:20 PM
Welcome. That was great. I've been to Greece - HIGHLY recommended (actually, I highly recommend most places I've travelled to). And I learned to quilt a couple of years ago - the pain of the making is so worth the result!! And the torrential downpour - totally agree (I live in the tropics and it's supposed to be torrential downpours all the time but someone forgot to tell the weather gods that this year.
Thanks for stopping by my 13.
By
Tanya, at
3/02/2006 5:20 PM
Come on...no sushi?!?!?! Oh well, I guess in Maryland you can get some pretty good cooked seafood...
My 13 is up
By
Dale Challener Roe, at
3/02/2006 7:41 PM
ooh I love a downfall of rain too! it is sooo relaxing! It's nice to meet you. :) I want to learn to quilt too. I have a book on it hopefully in the summer I can get to it! Happy 1st Thursday Thirteen!!! :)
By
Anonymous, at
3/02/2006 8:55 PM
You did good girl!! My hubby calls me Melli.. LOL! ;) And have you lost 100 pounds?! I saw your weight chart-- but wanted to post before I check out your whole site-- I'm trying to lose as well, almost that much! Quilting is WONDERFUL!!! Welcome!!!!
By
Melzie, at
3/02/2006 9:30 PM
LOL! I wish! No... I'm just starting! I hope to lose 100 in the next 52 ... eh... 60 weeks! Thanks for checkin' it out!
By
Melli, at
3/02/2006 10:25 PM
Mine's up! :) This is the 2nd T13 I've read today that mentioned Rod Stewart. lol
By
-tnchick-, at
3/02/2006 11:05 PM
Ok, when I get back I want to do the Thursday 13 . Wonder if it will work on MySpace. You will help me, right? LOL
By
Anonymous, at
3/03/2006 7:43 AM
I don't think it will work on MySpace, only because the others would ALL have to JOIN MySpace in order to be able to post to you. But you could always get a Blogspot! :)
By
Melli, at
3/03/2006 8:41 AM
Nice to "meet" you. Thanks for stopping by my blog and TT.
By
Courtney, at
3/03/2006 10:31 AM
Post a comment
<< Home