.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm NOT sad....

I tend to NOT write about the "sad" parts of my life. I'll tell you the BAD stuff... but the "sad" stuff I tend to keep bottled up. Or maybe I tend to keep it ... at bay. That's probably a more accurate description. Because mostly I am NOT a "sad" person. I know that I am a depressed person -- I've lived on an anti-depressant for the last 6 years! It was the best thing that ever happend to me -- I call them my little "happy pills". But I went off of them in December because I wanted to fight a toenail fungus and no doctor would give me the medicine as long as I was on the anti-depressant. So, I've been off of them for almost 4 months. And it's not good. When I'm depressed I will cry for no reason. Lately I have been known to cry because I was hungry. And once while simply driving down the road thinking "random thoughts". (NOT sad thoughts... just simply RANDOM thoughts) This is NOT good. When I'm not depressed about the only time I cry is at a really sad movie. Sooooooo... today I'm going back on my anti-depressant. Four months was a good try... not good enough to fix a toenail fungus... but good enough to convince ME that I needed my happy pills! And I'm pretty sure my family is convinced too!


7 comment(s):

Melli....whatever it takes to be happy and be there for your family!! I've never known you to be sad. I feel that when I'm 'around' you there were times you've been CONCERNED about things in life, but that's normal, right? BTW, how's your son, "D"? Hope it's better for him too!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/09/2006 6:51 AM  

Good for you for knowing how to take good care of yourself. Being a champion of depression I understand. I usually wear a happy face, and can joke and play and have fun, but just underneath is all the sadness and depression. All I have to do is stop, listen, and it's there. I've not tried the pills, but last time I was in to see my therapist I commented 'maybe it's chemical, because it's always there'. hmmm maybe it is. What do you take?

By Blogger Barb, at 3/09/2006 1:46 PM  

Yea, forget the toenail, your health is MUCH more important! And, you still might not be on anti-depressants forever. Just think about being healthy NOW. Good luck!

By Blogger Katherine, at 3/10/2006 3:35 AM  

Hey girlfriend, whatever it takes! I firmly believe that taking care of you is a vote for your family. You can't care for others if you aren't there...physically, mentally and emotionally. I'm glad you're on this diet rollercoaster of life with me. Hang in there....we'll both kill the weight gain monster. I'm going to check out your weight loss bloggers..I need all the encouragement I can get. Thanks for visiting yesterday and for the kind comments. Sorry about blogger..it was acting up again last night! You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 3/10/2006 8:15 AM  

Oh yeah, take the happy pills. It's much more important then the toenail! And DON'T feel bad about it! If a single pill a day keeps you even-keeled and from crying over old Rod Stewart songs, then it's a good thing. ;)

By Blogger Unknown, at 3/10/2006 10:40 AM  

Excellent, love it! »

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/02/2007 6:46 PM  

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Building plans for small camping trailer Need an angel to loan me $10k affiliate internet marketing online promotion business Milf hunter full forex trading software Maryland mortgage lending forex broker 9 Laser tattoo removal uk Avis business rent a car Ringtones for motorola t725 forex broker barclays capital forex metastocks testing forex software Www.mo power ball numbers american pai gow beting sportsbooks

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2007 7:40 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home