.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's okay to Quit...

SOMETIMES it's okay to be a quitter! For instance... my niece is trying to quit smoking! I am STRONGLY encouraging her to be a quitter. When my daughter quit biting her nails, I encouraged her too! Well... Today I quit the gym! Noooooooooo... it's NOT like that! But Amanda likes to use the gym at night ... around 8:00! By that time I'm just worthless! I like to pedal in the MORNING! Or by 4:00 pm at the latest. So we decided that it might be best -- since I've only used the gym membership twice -- to transfer it over to Derek and let him start lifting weights. I HAVE my bike at home, so I can still pedal -- and all of the exercises I'm doing right now are just very simple floor exercises. I can do those at home too. Motivation isn't a problem -- I haven't missed a day yet! Soooooooo... today I'm a quitter. But when the time is right I WILL join again! It's just a little silly for me to pay $156 for the next 3 months to use the same equipment I already have at home for free. ;)

5 comment(s):

There ya go!!! :) I covet a new local 24 hour gym... I want in.. but I have so much at home, LOL!!

By Blogger Melzie, at 3/02/2006 9:31 PM  

That makes sense to me! And I'm blond!! *Go Melli, go Melli*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2006 9:13 AM  

I don't blame you for quitting. That's too much money when you don't go. Invest that $$ for some light weights for home, or something like that.

And thank you for the encouragement. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 3/03/2006 2:07 PM  

I quit too. In December. I joined and didn't use it much. I was paying $20 per month for a couple of visits. I decided I could do floor exercises at home and walk the dog for free. Am I doing it? No! But then, I wasn't doing the gym either. LOL I did go to my first Yoga class today after almost a year with no Yoga. I hurt myself last time, and took forever to heal. This time I'm taking it very slow. I loved being there and being part of the class. I plan to do what I learned today each day at home until my next class.

By Blogger Barb, at 3/06/2006 7:39 PM  

Ya... yoga is one of the things I really do want to get into -- I want to stretch and have better mobility -- and I need the calm serenity of the yoga.

By Blogger Melli, at 3/07/2006 10:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home